Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Update: May 20th 2020 Re: MS / MH / MV

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    The first and ONLY notification we have received from the RCMP regarding the prohibition that happened on May 1st.

I'll point out, our MH, MV, and MS are not mentioned. (By make and model, and their variants) We were deemed not a variant in the inspection report.

More fuel.
    This madness needs to stop those clowns in Ottawa are taking advantage of everything right now I'm not so worried about Covid 19 as I am about this government destroying our country the one that so many paid the ultimate price for so we live in a democratic country not a dictatorship

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isl-master View Post
    This madness needs to stop those clowns in Ottawa are taking advantage of everything right now I'm not so worried about Covid 19 as I am about this government destroying our country the one that so many paid the ultimate price for so we live in a democratic country not a dictatorship
    Somebody gets it!! THIS truly is the big picture.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by allenhedk View Post
    No offense. It is Canadian's money. And we will eventually pay back.
    a buy back is more of a joke so we all pay taxes, so I save up and buy this nice upper lower set from AT which means I paid tax on that, then one day the government forces you to sell it back to them at who knows what they will offer, then the government adds up the bill and increases your taxes to pay for what you paid for in the first place see how fffffffffed up this really is people

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    The first and ONLY notification we have received from the RCMP regarding the prohibition that happened on May 1st.

I'll point out, our MH, MV, and MS are not mentioned. (By make and model, and their variants) We were deemed not a variant in the inspection report.

More fuel.
    Seems like it's just a generic letter that was sent to all firearms retailers/manufacturers? Nothing specifically directed towards you regarding your non restricted firearms.

Looks like I'm going shooting tonight
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Isl-master View Post
    a buy back is more of a joke so we all pay taxes, so I save up and buy this nice upper lower set from AT which means I paid tax on that, then one day the government forces you to sell it back to them at who knows what they will offer, then the government adds up the bill and increases your taxes to pay for what you paid for in the first place see how fffffffffed up this really is people
    I wish more people understood this. People seem to think the government gets some magical paycheque that they use to pay for things. Little do they realize the paycheque is our tax dollars. So the money that you complain about that gets taken off your paycheque and added to your purchases is where the government takes said paycheque from. And since we can seem to control this governments spending the credit card bill that we will all have to pay is bigger than we can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    That sentiment is rather self entitled. Did it possibly occur to you that that block of aluminum is paid for BY US before it ships from Alcoa and is NON returnable? Did it occur to you that the several million dollars of CNC machines and the tools they require to turn said blocks into useful parts have a cost to us? These costs that we have to cover do NOT go away just because some idiot in power of the country with a rogue government changes laws or in our case breaks the law.

You have ZERO grasp on reality when it comes to profit in the firearms manufacturing game I can assure you. Profit is FAR higher reselling groceries or cosmetics, and without the massive investment I have in machines. Profit on firearms is UNDER 20%
    Believe me we have waaaaaaaaaaaay more skin in the game than you do with a $500.00 deposit.

Riddle me this. IF you purchased a super car, say it costs you $250000.00 which is pretty much entry level and the government passed a law making them prohibited to drive on public roads. Do you really think the car maker should take the hit?

Something else to think about. This gun grab is only the very tip of the iceberg so to speak. It is the largest confiscation of privately owned, legally purchased property in Canadian history. Do you really think there are not more freedoms that are about to be taken away by this rogue government? In the grand scheme of things your deposit on a legally purchased and to date NOT effected firearm means exactly, squat.

This sort of thinking that anyone but you should be on the hook when things don't turn out the way you want is perverse and near sighted. We went out on a limb years ago to offer the Canadian gun culture an option of a NR semi auto. Not a small or cheap trick I can assure you. We have had this rogue government in power for the last 5 years and from day 1 the Turd has been yapping about gun bans. IF you have in fact have an order in with us, you KNEW going in that this country is run by the Turd and the possibility of a gun ban certainly existed, yet assuming you have placed an order, proceeded anyway. AND agreed to the terms and conditions of the sale, so I am at a loss as to why we are at blame and should cover YOUR gambling debt?

Did it ever occur to you that we are filing a legal action against the government for their illegal acts AT OUR EXPENSE in order to try and protect YOUR property rights and freedoms?

To all, if I seem a tad crusty I apologize but this last month has been filled with emails and phone calls from the self entitled and those in panic. This a very stressful time for us all. IF we don't win our case we at the shop are all unemployed, several of us will lose our homes and face insolvency. Most of us here have substantial gun collections that are now worthless as they were named in the OIC. Working in firearms manufacturing is not just a job, it is a way of life. Most of us here could make considerably more income working in some other occupation. We do what we do because we love doing it.
    well said I stand with you 110% a government should have no right to destroy lawful business so besides bad politics a mad man started all of this the government fails Canadians again

Quote Originally Posted by GarandStanding View Post
    Cool.
    I’ll be taking mine out as soon as the weather clears.
    Id love to do so as well, but what I am worried about is if a police officer shows up and wants to see proof that it is a non-restricted. What do you do in this situation? Normally you would show the FRT, but now you cant.
    Rimfire and Military Surplus Enthusiast.

CGN Regular
    I am waiting on my receivers and parts for my new ATRS. I will NOT stop buying, and I will not stop shooting until such time as I see the firearm on an OIC or the RCMP tell me it's illegal.

I will be spending every last disposable penny on NR firearms and ammo because quite frankly, the approach of the Liberal Government has me left me with less than zero trust in our government and I am wondering what comes next? I suppose you could say the boy scout in me is strong.
    Last edited by Taurkon; 05-22-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
    Id love to do so as well, but what I am worried about is if a police officer shows up and wants to see proof that it is a non-restricted. What do you do in this situation? Normally you would show the FRT, but now you cant.
    Get a copy of the original FRT entry as it deems the MS as Non-restricted and not an AR variant.

Edited
    Last edited by GarandStanding; 03-18-2021 at 01:00 AM.