Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21214151617181920212223242526272829303242 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Update: May 20th 2020 Re: MS / MH / MV

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Yeah lets turn in our man cards for some stupid bolt action AR.... WTF ?????
    ya I don't follow on the bolt action AR. if it comes to that I need to take up fishing. I'll use a proper bolt action, for a bolt action TY.

Quote Originally Posted by GarandStanding View Post
    Confirmed what?
    Confirmed they apply the law. OIC is law so all guns in the OIC are prohibited. The MS/MV/MH is not in the OIC so it is non restricted in their eye.

Call your provincia CFO, I doubt you will get a different answer. Now lets take those beauties out !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpee View Post
    ya I don't follow on the bolt action AR. if it comes to that I need to take up fishing. I'll use a proper bolt action, for a bolt action TY.
    Yeah, I've got plenty of Salvages...er, Savages! Maybe it's just a front to prevent the prohibition of AR parts. In that case, I like it!
    ***** FREE THE WEST *****

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Guy's, Rick and JR please talk this out ! We need to stand together!
    Absolutely... I can totally understand where Rick is coming from... he's under attack and then I launch a copy of his rifle... but I don't think his characterization is fair.

I take his post more as a guy under pressure than a personal attack. But I still cannot sit back and allow a complete misrepresentation stand.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    in this political climate it would be less risky to open a school for mass shooters to learn how to shoot than to try and create any firearm (sarcasm off)

we have no plans to stop production of our modern sporter and are running at full capacity. If the feds shut us down it will be completely and given how this regime has zero regard for the law i think it would be difficult but not impossible to still manufacture firearms in any worthwhile numbers from within the slammer.
    i dunno,,,just think of the free labour you could get in there,,lol,,jus teasin

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CrewSafeBC View Post
    Regardless of all the Negative Nellie comments I've seen in this thread, I for one, would like to take this opportunity to thank the folks at ATRS for the manner in which they are dealing with this issue, and for the chance to complete my purchase, good job guys, much appreciated,,Brad
    This!!

Quote Originally Posted by zak88 View Post
    Funny, your website ad for it says specifically “based on the ATRS modern sporter” Enough BS, we know who to align our loyalties to
    I think many of you aren’t quite understanding what is being said.

JR created a firearm and sent away the design for FRT approval (18 months ago)
    That firearm has NOT been deemed restricted or non-restricted yet

Flash forward to now(ish) - JR saw the joint effort of Maccabee/BCL and tried to do something similar.
    Rick didn’t go for it, as per his statement about controlling quality and stuff with his name on it.

My *guess* is JR is sitting on material from both his anticipation of HIS firearm being approved and getting ready to ramp production, and his other Stirling firearm that hit the prohib list.

So to get his skin in the game, he duplicated the ATRS MS but not under licence, so it in theory is a separate firearm and bares no ATRS stamp.

This is what I’ve interpreted from all of this. So he has his own design still at a lab, and rather than proceed and print his design and sell it without FRT, he copied one with a known approved FRT to offload some material so that *if* the government comes out with a buyback, his chunks of metal are more than just chunks of metal

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by koesdibyo View Post
    I think many of you aren’t quite understanding what is being said.

JR created a firearm and sent away the design for FRT approval (18 months ago)
    That firearm has NOT been deemed restricted or non-restricted yet

Flash forward to now(ish) - JR saw the joint effort of Maccabee/BCL and tried to do something similar.
    Rick didn’t go for it, as per his statement about controlling quality and stuff with his name on it.

My *guess* is JR is sitting on material from both his anticipation of HIS firearm being approved and getting ready to ramp production, and his other Stirling firearm that hit the prohib list.

So to get his skin in the game, he duplicated the ATRS MS but not under licence, so it in theory is a separate firearm and bares no ATRS stamp.

This is what I’ve interpreted from all of this. So he has his own design still at a lab, and rather than proceed and print his design and sell it without FRT, he copied one with a known approved FRT to offload some material so that *if* the government comes out with a buyback, his chunks of metal are more than just chunks of metal
    100%
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

It is still an unlicensed.. unauthorized version of the MS sporter sounds like industrial theft to me.

CGN Regular
    Agree