Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 71719202122232425262728293031323334353747 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Update: May 20th 2020 Re: MS / MH / MV

Quote Originally Posted by Steve MKII View Post
    I'm in for a donation when you file a court challenge. I think you guys have a pretty strong case here, especially since it sounds like you have all the supporting documentation that this was an entirely new firearm design and the RCMP agreed that it was a new design. This blatant overreach and abuse of power needs to be put to an end, just like the OIC.
    This is my take on this.

The RCMP have been given a mandate to ban anything AR-15 ish by the Turd Reich, so they are doing what is necessary to follow this directive (rewritten FRTs etc).

The problem for the RCMP is that these firearms were given an FRT that distinctly states they are not AR-15s before all this craziness came down the pipe. To the uniformed observer however they appear similar so must be included to please the Turd Reich. The RCMP most likely know this will result in legal challenges but thats not their problem, they have fulfilled their duties.

Please note I am not defending this - quite the contrary - I think it draws attention to how ludicrous it all is but the RCMP don't care as they can check off the necessary boxes.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Good explanation but you don't mention using the MS - where does that land now legally speaking?

From the reading I have done it seems that as the FRT databases which are accessible to the common folk show it as NR then technically its still good.

The potential issue I see is that if contact with any uninformed LE members were to happen then:

1) It looks like an AR-15 and Justin said they were banned so out come the cuffs

2) The FRT would be your defence, and it still shows NR, but if LE check their database and it shows as prohibited guess which one they will go with (out come the cuffs again) and a long expensive legal battle will begin.

Or am I missing something?
    The big problem is that your CFO might say non-restricted while a police force says prohibited!!!
    Right now in Quebec, we seem to be okay since the CFO (SQ) and police force (SQ) are the same.
    I have no idea about Ontario’s stance (OPP) on this issue and would be weary of RCMP.

This mess needs to be cleaned up in court ASAP.
    Alex

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Can the individual that is making these changes be subpoenaed to provide documentation? What about the head honcho that runs the lab?
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steamy teabag View Post
    Can the individual that is making these changes be subpoenaed to provide documentation? What about the head honcho that runs the lab?
    He retired on Wednesday. After making all the changes.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Seriously?!?

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chev-mekanik View Post
    Seriously?!?
    Murray Smith. And yes, seriously. He was rabidly anti gun. Should be interesting to find out if it's authorized changes to FRTs or not.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Murray Smith. And yes, seriously. He was rabidly anti gun. Should be interesting to find out if it's authorized changes to FRTs or not.
    Why do I feel is replacement will be even worse?
    CCFR member

His "Legacy"

There is a special place in hell for people like this.

CGN Regular
    Thanks for keeping us informed. Still need an effective way to dispose of an undisclosed amount of 5.56!

I noticed you guys are still taking orders.
    If we order a set now, is it still guaranteed to be delivered?