Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Update: May 20th 2020 Re: MS / MH / MV

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Oh I agree their actions will be hard to defend without making themselves look like fools.

What this boils down to is they saw an opportunity to overreach and couldn't resist regardless.

If this overreach continues to go uncontested they will continue their path of destruction. If ATRS chooses to fight this we need to support them. This has to be stopped.
    I agree and I think ATRS will find the gun community supportive of a legal action, similar to other legal defenses underway.

CGN Regular
    If you make the assumption that this second round of ban conveniently bundles the SLR/ATRS with the AR looking shotguns, then this could be based on "looks/style" more than the "variant" aspect of it.

The "looks/style" and "variant" are different things, especially with all the technical work that has been done with regards to determining what is a "variant" and what isn't. They clearly had the ability to determine what looks like an AR, and what is a variant of an AR. There's no mistake about this.

A "modified" version would be even more of a stretch as modify would need the original, and changes done to it (lineage). If ATRS is able to show(or already have), that their MH/MV/MS were developed from the ground up without borrowing any dimensions from the AR15, but only dimensions extracted from the unregulated parts (i.e. bolts, trigger pins, barrel nut, 1913 rail etc), then I can't see how you could say MH/MV/MS were modified from the AR15 itself. If I make fixture holding an AR15 barrel, which allows me to insert a round and lock it with the bolt, capable of firing if I hit the firing pin really hard, have I created a modified AR15?

Best they could say is that because it uses the AR15 action, therefore it is a variant. I don't know of any precedent based on this. Everything classified as AR15 variant was either upper fitting on AR15 lower (Like the DA50), or even if it didn't fit a standard AR15 lower, the manufacture explicitly says it's developed from the AR15/M16(Original MR223, which didn't fit standard AR15 lowers but was developed from it, or a variant of the HK416)

What I fear the most is the second round of OIC. If there's a second, there can be a third and fourth. For the short term, if the OIC is a one time thing to earn the liberals political points, at least some of these designed can be spared for now.
    Last edited by PinaKaleada; 05-20-2020 at 10:29 PM.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

Quote Originally Posted by steamy teabag View Post
    For the life of me I cannot understand why the 3 Karen's and their organization's are not getting served for restitution and damages.

Poly is directly attacking 49k employees and thousands of small businesses.

Hit back.
    This

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gundoggy's Avatar
    Where do we send donations for lawsuit???

Can a charity be made for this? It would be great to donate and be able to get tax credits as well

Will donate as well.
    |CCFR|

Quote Originally Posted by sharpee View Post
    If I was a judge I would press the government to explain as to why they would approve their FRT as Non-Restricted, explicitly stating how it was unlike the AR, then change it afterwards contradicting themseleves. If they couldn't explain it properly I would order them to either change the FRT back or compensate ATRS for all associated damages.
    The government/RCMP should be responsible for damages in either scenario
    pandering to paranoia produces pointless prosecutions of people

Quote Originally Posted by call2arms View Post
    The government/RCMP should be responsible for damages in either scenario
    I second this

The RCMP needs to be held accountable for these actions, this is the second time they did this like back when they posted new gun laws before they were even law on their website. How can this organization act outside the government?
    “I felt a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Just throwing an idea out here, can we sue civil servants? The government may have unlimited money, but they won’t.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    Just throwing an idea out here, can we sue civil servants? The government may have unlimited money, but they won’t.
    It would be hard to prove who pushed the button to make the change on the frt so it would be hard to lay blame anyone in particular.