Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Update: May 20th 2020 Re: MS / MH / MV

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    As much as I vehemently disagree with gun prohibitions in general and this OIC in particular, the OIC was clearly worded to capture pre-AR15 designs like the AR10 and AR102. Unlike the previous restricted AR15 OIC which didn't mention those.

That said, a clean sheet design engineered to use the same internal components as an AR15 is NOT an AR15. Just as the RCMP determined with the original Modern Sporter FRT.

Buuut...when the litigation indicates that the RCMP will lose this case the Liberal Party will simply issue a new OIC to include all these ATRS guns (and more). This moving goalpost is the most obscene part of this whole #### show.

What if an auto manufacturer designed a car to comply with all existing safety standards, spent huge $$$ on R&D, invested in manufacturing capacity and then a couple years later the federal government says "Sorry, this model is prohibited; cease production and sales!"

Noone would stand for that! Why is it so different with the gun industry? It's somehow ok to drag them through the mud and force them out of business? This BS gets me hotter under the collar than the thought of losing my own guns...

If there's going to be firearm classifications, the determinants need to be consistent and objective attributes of the firearm. Not the fact that some latté liberal feels triggered when they see a photo of it... PolySeSouvient claims that manufacturers like ATRS were "skirting the law" with their new designs. No, they were COMPLYING with the law!

It's like at my workplace when the QA Manager says that our product is "Almost out of grade". You know what "almost out of grade" means? It means you're in grade! LOL
    ***** FREE THE WEST *****

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    No there is no plan except to fight. I don't give up that easily.
    Nice to see a REAL Canadian standing up. An inspiration well deserving our support.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrXenon View Post
    What do you need a brake on a 5.56mm firearm for? You should just slip a maxipad under your bra strap to dampen the hellish recoil.
    Spock to Kirk:
    "Logic dictates Captain. If Pro-Gunners are as violent as Anti-Gunners say they are, there would not be any Anti-Gunners left."

There is a lot of info to take in here. My friend Mike initially was unaware of AT's no refund policy but that's totally on him. It explains why he got no response requesting an order cancellation when this COVID situation flared up and expressed financial uncertainties.

That said with everything that has happened since, he's glad they aren't offering refunds because he is proud to know he will receive a fitting political statement in the form of a CCFR edition sports rifle and he is proud to support the organization that is fighting for our rights

Yup...we'll stand behind, beside and if need be in front of you...we're in this all together!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quebec's Provincial Police to consider prohibited only firearms in IOC
    This thread is from francophone forum:
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...IC-ATRS-MS-etc

The important point is that SQ will only consider a firearms as prohibited if it is in IOC and will not consider FRT status.
    That means that I will be able to legally shot my ATRS MS in Quebec this summer!!!
    This is great news for all Canadians since I suspect that the entire FRT reclassification is basically considered at least dubious by one large law enforcement organisation.

Alex
    Last edited by AlexF; 05-21-2020 at 07:52 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Fixed link: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...IC-ATRS-MS-etc

Interesting development. My French is non-existent, what is the source for this info?
    Also, what about other police forces in Quebec? The RCMP?
    A Government of Laws and not of Policies.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    Fixed link: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...IC-ATRS-MS-etc

Interesting development. My French is non-existent, what is the source for this info?
    Also, what about other police forces in Quebec? The RCMP?
    First, thanks for the fixed link, I tried to fix mine but am not sure it the method I used is correct!

Source: the original thread poster which talked directly to SQ which is responsible for firearm law enforcement in Quebec.
    SQ is the sole police agency responsible for enforcing these laws in Quebec. RCMP deals with federal issues: drugs, frauds, foreign VIP protection, terrorism, etc.
    All provinces in Canada should have their own provincial police force directly accountable to the provincial minister of security or its equivalent.

Alexn\

Quote Originally Posted by AlexF View Post
    Quebec's Provincial Police to consider prohibited only firearms in IOC
    This thread is from francophone forum:
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...IC-ATRS-MS-etc

The important point is that SQ will only consider a firearms as prohibited if it is in IOC and will not consider FRT status.
    That means that I will be able to legally shot my ATRS MS in Quebec this summer!!!
    This is great news for all Canadians since I suspect that the entire FRT reclassification is basically considered at least dubious by one large law enforcement organisation.

Alex
    This actually is good news...thanks for sharing this Alex!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Avalonthas's Avatar
    Are you producing the Sterling Arms Target Rifle, or is it under license? So much mixed information out there but apparently its based on MS? I am so confused
    There's Mil-spec, and then there's Gunnutz-spec.
    One is stringent, the other contains nuts.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalonthas View Post
    Are you producing the Sterling Arms Target Rifle, or is it under license? So much mixed information out there but apparently its based on MS? I am so confused
    That one is a copy of the MS. It’s made of 6061 aluminum. If you want quality, go with ATRS, they use 7075 and it’s a much better material in general.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.