Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 122224252627282930313233343536373839404252 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Update: May 20th 2020 Re: MS / MH / MV

Quote Originally Posted by Steve MKII View Post
    I'm in for a donation when you file a court challenge. I think you guys have a pretty strong case here, especially since it sounds like you have all the supporting documentation that this was an entirely new firearm design and the RCMP agreed that it was a new design. This blatant overreach and abuse of power needs to be put to an end, just like the OIC.
    I so agree we all need to stand up to the bully JT and his band of idiots. Those special interest groups make enough noise that JT grants them their wish it's time for all gun owners to make noise, we vote, we work, we pay taxes so it's time for us to make our noise put those clowns in Ottawa on notice

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Shot mine today. Zero ####s given here
    I love it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by mangoman View Post
    Also I'm still confused as to if I can shoot my ATRS and SLR or not?
    To paraphrase myself from another thread, the firearms recently marked as prohibited in the FIC, but not listed in the OIC are like Schrodinger's cat in the box; that they would be illegal to transport away from home and fire on crown land or farm land, and they would be perfectly fine to fire on crown land or farm land as non restricted firearms are both true at the same time. Until someone opens the box to see if the cat is alive, or in this case , actually gets arrested with a firearm like an ATRS Sporter or SLR in the field, brings a challenge to Her Majesty's Court about the validity of the historical negationism wrought by the editing of the FRT, and we receive the ruling from the Supreme Court, both realities are true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    To paraphrase myself from another thread, the firearms recently marked as prohibited in the FIC, but not listed in the OIC are like Schrodinger's cat in the box; that they would be illegal to transport away from home and fire on crown land or farm land, and they would be perfectly fine to fire on crown land or farm land as non restricted firearms are both true at the same time. Until someone opens the box to see if the cat is alive, or in this case , actually gets arrested with a firearm like an ATRS Sporter or SLR in the field, brings a challenge to Her Majesty's Court about the validity of the historical negationism wrought by the editing of the FRT, and we receive the ruling from the Supreme Court, both realities are true.
    Great analogy.

Lets hope the cat survives.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Humblepie View Post
    Great analogy.

Lets hope the cat survives.
    The only chance it has at survival is if we help fund the people who are fighting for it's survival.

Speaking of that... Rick, when can I send you some money for the fight?
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    A truly apt analogy, love it.

Only wish we could put that inverse temporal symmetry concept to action somehow.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by metamatt View Post
    Even more incoherent and convoluted; are the newly prohibited firearms in FRT but not named in OIC (like the modern sporter) even covered under the amnesty or are they just straight up prohibited now?
    file an access to information request to the RCMP for all notes, emails, memos and meeting minutes related to changes to the FRTs after the OIC. This will give a better picture as to the reasoning for the changes “ variant “ or “ modified” and if it was one man’s action or a process. No point in guessing and trying to make arguments that will not hold water if there was a coherent process ( not to be confused with a reasonable / legal one) used to make the changes.

well its been what a week since the "secret" frt changes, and nothings been reverted. nor has an updated oic list been released. wtf is going on?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis.G.Stade View Post
    well its been what a week since the "secret" frt changes, and nothings been reverted. nor has an updated oic list been released. wtf is going on?
    We will be waiting 1-5 years for the access to information request, because you know liberals are all about full disclosure and not hiding everything.

Every single person that voted liberal is a brain dead idiot.

I think the jist of it is this: the FRT changes don't hold water since everyone's got a copy of the "old" FRTs everywhere; and, as mentioned, it's a reference point but not a legal document.

Once a court hears of these changes and someone shows up with a document that says "not a variant of" from the same system, it's about done there and then.

You can't post a speed limit of 55km, leave the sign up but secretly change it to 25km and start ticketing people for it. Obvious though not unexpected overstep. Remember the RCMP was ORDERED to publish the FRT and still they tried this offline/online dual version crap. Insofar as I'm aware, judges hate that.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead