Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1828303132333435363738394041424344454648 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Update: May 20th 2020 Re: MS / MH / MV

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    yes, I have the BC Metis Harvesters card for migratory game birds..... it does not cover any other species. Not to derail the thread, but the harvesters card is a joke. I only have it as a formality but I believe it needs to be abolished and metis in bc should have the same access to the land and waters of Canada as first nations do. The bc metis nation is too busy trying to act like politicians and pander to the government process rather than actively making claim to our "rights" under S35 as other metis nations have done.
    The OIC is open to interpretation as well and will a BC CO or rcmp uphold my s35 rights or will they say I am not on my treaty lands so I am a criminal. Treaty 6 lands , where our family line originates, are in alberta but I was born and raised in bc.
    My overall point in this thread is that while I don't own any atrs product, and it appears the prime minstrel has exempted me from the ban for 2years (maybe? depending on interpretation), I will be donating funds as my budget permits to fight this OIC for all of us.
    While at a game stop in williams lake I asked a CO about my wife's BC metis harvester card for hunting waterfowl. He informed me that if he caught someone hunting with just a harvester card and no waterfowl license that he would charge them to the fullest extent possible. He was quite hostile about the question.

Saskatchewan stepping up.

Name:  IMG_1339.jpg
Views: 979
Size:  37.4 KB

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyT45 View Post
    i saw Magnum Machine is listed on the CCFR's legal action - does that mean thats the one to donate to to support ATRS? or is ATRS launching a separate action as well?
    Magnum Machine Ltd is the legal name of ATRS so has to be the complainant.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mclmm View Post
    The FRT is not a law. Most firearms owner have probably never even heard of it.
    Still your's and the lawyers problem.
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

I built my first (and only) AR-15 on an ATRS lower and I ####ing love it. I will support any position you folks take in this fight.
    I'm a member of both Team CSSA, and Canada's NFA. Are You?

Quote Originally Posted by Dylio View Post
    Contacted the Alberta Fire Arms office today to check my equipment and compare the public FRT with the live hidden one. This is what I was told:
    Modern Hunter - prohibited. Does not matter if the public FRT and my paper work state Non Restricted. I responded that it was my hunting rifle and my FRT stated it was not a varient of the AR10/15 platform. They responded with because the rifle had tactical in the name, it was flagged. I also inquired if the FRT was law, they didn’t answer that question but said if I was caught Ising it I could be arrested and charged. I was also told that all “tactical type” rifles are under review and anyone with a PAL will be getting a letter in the mail stating that with the ongoing changes it will be in our best interest to call the chief fire arms office to see if our property has been recently changed.

There you go. We will need to call in and ask if we can use our own property.... and this was the Alberta..... even Quebec seems more reasonable. .
    They’re banning firearms based on their name?

Well it’s safe to say that the Bushmaster Adaptive Combat Rifle is on the chopping block..

CGN Regular
    Dont forget the mossberg PLINKSTER

Ya

Plinkster

Prohibited. Because no good can come from plinksting. It was designed to plink as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time. It is not reasonable for plinksting in canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotorwash View Post
    While at a game stop in williams lake I asked a CO about my wife's BC metis harvester card for hunting waterfowl. He informed me that if he caught someone hunting with just a harvester card and no waterfowl license that he would charge them to the fullest extent possible. He was quite hostile about the question.
    and he would be dead wrong because he has zero jurisdiction over S35 Indigenous rights.
    Any CO that violates S35 rights is violating the charter and is subject to full prosecution under the law
    I have been told this:

If I am approached by a CO while exercising S35 rights, show any applicable licenses and tags along with the Metis Harvesters Card and Metis Citizenship card. I am hunting under the provisions of the Metis Harvesters card, a BC Wildlife officer has zero jurisdiction. If he persists along a wrongful avenue he/she is in direct violation of S35 and I will immediately stop talking to him and deny him access to any property or wildlife in my hand until an RCMP officer is called to the scene. The RCMP officer will be given the number for both the Captain of the hunt for the applicable region as well as the Metis Natural Resource Officer and Metis Nation President.

Then there is the matter of the two First Nations Councils that have afforded me, in writing, permission to harvest and fish on treaty territory. Here the CO's have no say at all and I can harvest whatever I am given permission by the band to harvest. I must recognize tradition and share with the elders a portion of my harvest as per the culture of the first nation who's permission has been granted. CO's and RCMP have ground my gears in the past, you just need to know your schitt and not back down and conduct yourself as a professional.

I would have gotten that CO's name and forwarded it to the Captain of the Hunt for region 5.

This is the next piece of the puzzle, terrible news, we all know where this is headed... Let's keep up the fight it's now or never!
    Thanks for the info Dylio, PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS!!!!! I've told some people about the whole calling in to see if its prohib thing and the possible consequences!! Someone I know just got a letter from Ottawa RCMP but they have not opened yet. I'm assuming this is going to be about the "new changes".

I cant believe atrs is getting screwed cus of the name of their company??? Over a lousy word! That's insane but I do believe that the RCMP would do something like this... not like their reasoning made sense before either...
    Last edited by Mosin_redstar; 05-28-2020 at 08:01 AM.

Super GunNutz
    Tell them you spelled the name wrong and that it’s supposed to be tactile.