Page 1 of 54 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Update: May 20th 2020 Re: MS / MH / MV

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar

Exclamation ATRS Update: May 20th 2020 Re: MS / MH / MV

What we know:

First and foremost, what is clear and established, is that the FRT is opinion, and not law.
    The order in council, is law and not opinion, no matter how wrong it is.
    The May 1st OIC does not mention the modern hunter, varmint, or sporter under any category, that we can find or are aware of at this time.

Latest information we have is that the Modern Varmint, Modern Hunter and Modern Sporter were changed to a prohibited classification under the RCMP’s Firearms Reference Table.
    Of important note: Writing in the FRT has been erased or amended to cover these actions.

What we are doing:

We are continuing to manufacture and ship out receivers. Communication in regard to this will be ongoing.

Our position is even though the MS is listed in the FRT as prohibited, all of the paid-in-full orders are already legally sold PRIOR to the recent changes and are a matter of returning property to their owners. Current deposit orders represent a transaction that began before this unlawful FRT change took place.

Orders that are just a deposit are encouraged to finalize the order and complete payment, but in compliance with our terms and conditions, refunds and cancellations are not being accepted at this time with one exception:

If someone has a 50% deposit placed we will allow them to back out of the remaining 50%. We will convert the existing deposit to the purchase of a lower receiver. The lower will be shipped, and you can partake in the government’s upcoming buyback program at your discretion.

At this time we would appreciate all communication to be handled through email to info@albertatacticalrifle.com and please be patient as we are being inundated with questions to which no one has any answers.

We will be answering phones only between the hours of 11 am and 3 pm Mountain Standard Time.
    All other phone calls will be directed to voicemail until further notice to allow us to work through this situation.

What is coming:

We intend to fight this, and are in talks with other organizations to potentially pool resources towards this cause. We are working towards setting up a gofundme for legal action.

CGN Regular
    I hope we can gather a strong case here against the abusive FRT. I'll be the first to support this gofundme, especially from a business like yours. Thanks for doing this Shaun.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

Standing buy with funds to donate to your legal action should you decide to proceed.
    "Victory favours the prepared"

Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    I hope we can gather a strong case here against the abusive FRT. I'll be the first to support this gofundme, especially from a business like yours. Thanks for doing this Shaun.
    Thanks for the update, Shaun.
    This whole development makes me sick, can’t imagine how it’d feel to be in your shoes.
    Let us know how we can help. I’d gladly donate to a legal fund to fight this.Attachment 385157

Edit:the picture was taken last night. Since delivery and completion I’ve used my MS around the farm weekly. I always have it with me and has proven useful many, many times. I’ve also used it to dispel myths of black guns to my local community/ friends and family. I refuse to let it become a safe queen and will involve myself anyway I can in this fight.
    Last edited by GarandStanding; 05-20-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Uber Super GunNutz
    It would be helpful, and wise, if all 3 orgs, and all private businesses would pool resources into one large and public lawsuit.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

Thanks you for everything Shaun, i will support you aswell for the gofundme. There is a lawsuit for the charter challenge by Rocco Galati, about the no-constitutional stay at home order... They are in discussion with "Tous contre le registre quebecois des armes à feu" i think to fight this bull####.

Thanks again and stay strong!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Thanks for the update
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    It would be helpful, and wise, if all 3 orgs, and all private businesses would pool resources into one large and public lawsuit.
    Agreed.

1.) A single resource pool so there's no wasted funds sitting around. Less confusion for donation.
    2.) A single laser focused PR/Media to broadcast updates. Make a website.
    3.) Gather all the "legal brains" to work on these from different angles(FRT, OIC, Charter etc)
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

Last month people were selling HK416 uppers, m203 grenade launchers, etc. on the EE.
    Today, a small shop in Alberta has to close down because their entire lineup has been banned.
    Everything changed in a blink of an eye, what a nightmare we’re living in.

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    I got your back. Let me know when you want me to send second payment.

Page 1 of 54 1234567891121 ... LastLast