Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1626282930313233343536373839404142434446 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Update: May 20th 2020 Re: MS / MH / MV

Quote Originally Posted by mbogo3 View Post
    The Gov't is afraid of an armed citizenry.............not criminals or gang activity.
    The government is also concerned at the slightest talk of disobedience.
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Are we dealing with an element of the RCMP that specifically maintains the FRT thats gone rogue under Blairs direction?
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylio View Post
    Contacted the Alberta Fire Arms office today to check my equipment and compare the public FRT with the live hidden one. This is what I was told:
    Modern Hunter - prohibited. Does not matter if the public FRT and my paper work state Non Restricted. I responded that it was my hunting rifle and my FRT stated it was not a varient of the AR10/15 platform. They responded with because the rifle had tactical in the name, it was flagged. I also inquired if the FRT was law, they didn’t answer that question but said if I was caught Ising it I could be arrested and charged. I was also told that all “tactical type” rifles are under review and anyone with a PAL will be getting a letter in the mail stating that with the ongoing changes it will be in our best interest to call the chief fire arms office to see if our property has been recently changed.

There you go. We will need to call in and ask if we can use our own property.... and this was the Alberta..... even Quebec seems more reasonable. .
    That is a stupid comment as all rifles they make have their name on it - so a 308 bolt gun they make has tactical in the name.
    Last edited by sbe; 05-27-2020 at 12:19 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jonnyboy1014's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylio View Post
    Contacted the Alberta Fire Arms office today to check my equipment and compare the public FRT with the live hidden one. This is what I was told:
    Modern Hunter - prohibited. Does not matter if the public FRT and my paper work state Non Restricted. I responded that it was my hunting rifle and my FRT stated it was not a varient of the AR10/15 platform. They responded with because the rifle had tactical in the name, it was flagged. I also inquired if the FRT was law, they didn’t answer that question but said if I was caught Ising it I could be arrested and charged. I was also told that all “tactical type” rifles are under review and anyone with a PAL will be getting a letter in the mail stating that with the ongoing changes it will be in our best interest to call the chief fire arms office to see if our property has been recently changed.

There you go. We will need to call in and ask if we can use our own property.... and this was the Alberta..... even Quebec seems more reasonable. .
    You should have recorded that conversation
    BEWARE OF FOREIGN INFLUENCE
    A Vote For Trudeau Is A Vote For Communist China
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2353593-CSIS-documents-reveal-Chinese-strategy-to-influence-2021-election

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jonnyboy1014's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Murray Smith. And yes, seriously. He was rabidly anti gun. Should be interesting to find out if it's authorized changes to FRTs or not.
    Wow. Govt abuse right there.
    BEWARE OF FOREIGN INFLUENCE
    A Vote For Trudeau Is A Vote For Communist China
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2353593-CSIS-documents-reveal-Chinese-strategy-to-influence-2021-election

So there we go. One of us has to be a martyr and show in court how these firearms are not variants..

Quote Originally Posted by Classic270 View Post
    I don't know how it is in Alberta, but, in Manitoba, the CFO is an employee of the RCMP. How can we expect (hope) that the CFO wouldn't tow the party line?
    Same here in Alberta, hence the reason for Premier Kenney talking about having AB designate the CFO. I hope that he does it, as well as creating a provincial police force. The less presence the RCMP has in the province, the better it is as far as I am could concerned...

i saw Magnum Machine is listed on the CCFR's legal action - does that mean thats the one to donate to to support ATRS? or is ATRS launching a separate action as well?

Magnum machine is atrs. Atrs is magnum machine

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    Magnum machine is atrs. Atrs is magnum machine
    Yea i know. i mainly am just curious if this is the legal action they were planning or if there is a 2nd one?