Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Damages / No longer challenging the OIC?

Seeking Damages / No longer challenging the OIC?

Looking quickly through the lawsuits... is it true that ATRS is only seeking damages and not challenging the OIC? Why are we donating, if so? The only win we would get is ATRS gets a payment and we don't see another ATRS rifle!?

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solace View Post
    Looking quickly through the lawsuits... is it true that ATRS is only seeking damages and not challenging the OIC? Why are we donating, if so? The only win we would get is ATRS gets a payment and we don't see another ATRS rifle!?
    Hello Solace,

That is a pretty big spin on the information.

We have seperated from the CCFR case which is challenging the OIC, that is true. We feel that we were strategically forced out by the government, when the Alberta CFO issued us a cease and desist letter in November of 2020. That cease and desist has damaged our business, cutting our overall sales by approximately 85%, so yes we are seeking damages. Also some of the damages we are seeking are for breach of charter rights, which would have resounding effects for ALL gun owners.

We chose at that time to file an action on our own specifically addressing our 3 models that are not listed in the OIC, and are instead "prohibited" only by the FRT. In doing so, the aim was to choose a smaller fight and progress faster. It's also important to note that while we can only fight for our 3 models, the MH, MV, and MS, the RCMP "banned by FRT" 8,000 models of firearms above and beyond what the government did in the OIC (1,500). And when we win, that will have an immense impact on those other 8,000 models that are illegally banned.

To challenge the OIC is an enormous fight, and the CCFR has got that handled and has our full support and gratitude. We're trying to focus specifically on the "behind the curtains" illegal actions that have taken place AFTER the OIC.

I am limited from discussing any further details on our case, OR the CCFR case, as has been requested by counsel. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Hello Solace,

That is a pretty big spin on the information.

We have seperated from the CCFR case which is challenging the OIC, that is true. We feel that we were strategically forced out by the government, when the Alberta CFO issued us a cease and desist letter in November of 2020. That cease and desist has damaged our business, cutting our overall sales by approximately 85%, so yes we are seeking damages. Also some of the damages we are seeking are for breach of charter rights, which would have resounding effects for ALL gun owners.

We chose at that time to file an action on our own specifically addressing our 3 models that are not listed in the OIC, and are instead "prohibited" only by the FRT. In doing so, the aim was to choose a smaller fight and progress faster. It's also important to note that while we can only fight for our 3 models, the MH, MV, and MS, the RCMP "banned by FRT" 8,000 models of firearms above and beyond what the government did in the OIC (1,500). And when we win, that will have an immense impact on those other 8,000 models that are illegally banned.

To challenge the OIC is an enormous fight, and the CCFR has got that handled and has our full support and gratitude. We're trying to focus specifically on the "behind the curtains" illegal actions that have taken place AFTER the OIC.
    Thanks for clarification... it wasn't spin, sorry, it's just how I interpreted what I was reading.

Last edited by CommonCents; 11-23-2022 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by solace View Post
    Thanks for clarification... it wasn't spin, sorry, it's just how I interpreted what I was reading.
    Oh I never thought you were TRYING to spin the info, it's just only getting a small part of the story.

On other words keep buying biggiveaway tickets and support ATRS and everyone else who is trying to stop our supreme leaders attacks on us!.
    Last edited by LR1250; 08-18-2021 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    the RCMP "banned by FRT" 8,000 models of firearms above and beyond what the government did in the OIC (1,500). And when we win, that will have an immense impact on those other 8,000 models that are illegally banned.

Pretty important precedent to be able to fall back on. When progress is made in this case and once fallout from virtually-assured appeal of the verdict, this can be excellent leverage to cooperate if CPC codification of legislation doesnt come to be
    SINGLE ISSUE VOTER. Vote CPC or gun bans I'd rather be judged my 12 than carried by 6.
    A guide to filing an ATIP:
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...n-ATIP-Federal

Jesus, please keep fighting the good fight! We little people don't have a chance - YOU do.

PLEASE - once again tell us how to donate to help the cause... This must be costing a small fortune, and I have no doubt the Federal intent is to grind us into the ground....

ATRS are currently doing a rafle for a very nice rifle with a crazy accuracy guarentee. You can also donate directly to them. It is scary what has happened and is allowed to happen by the current "regime".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast