Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our friends here in Alberta need help!

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar

Our friends here in Alberta need help!

From our sister business Straight Shooters Indoor Range:

"It is with heavy hearts that we announce the re-opening of our ranges has been delayed. We received notice from AHS informing us that the indoor range part of our facility falls under the “indoor recreational” classification. According to our classification and the Alberta re-opening plan, we will be able to re-open our ranges in Phase 3. Although, at this time Phase 3 does not have a defined date. We were incredibly excited to take a step forward to get back to doing what we love, and it pains us to make this announcement.

AHS has deemed us as a "indoor recreational" facility and has grouped us in with facilities that have much larger occupancy rates than us; such as, indoor gyms, community recreational centres, and the Scotiabank Saddledome, Rogers Place and night clubs. Although our maximum capacity would have been 2 people in each range unit we have been subjected to the same re-opening restrictions as facilities that have occupancy rates of 100-15,000 people.

Our questions is, how is a completely isolated range with medical grade air filtration and single person utilization carry the same risk as the Calgary Saddledome with 15,000+ people? We understand that the province is working hard to ensure everyone’s safety and this is most likely an oversight and not the intention.

We do not believe that we should be exempt of the classification however, the generalized umbrella they have placed us under feels unfair. We are currently working with AHS in efforts to re-classify our business so we can safely open our ranges to our members and customers.

In this time, we ask for your support:

If you have a spare minute, we would greatly appreciate if you would reach out to your local MLA or the following government officials we have included below, to voice your opinion regarding the unjust classification that all Indoor Ranges in Alberta recently received. Although we are actively working with AHS in attempts to be re-classified, the help of our membership will hopefully send a effective message to our government officials and AHS.

Government Official Contact Information:

Jason Kenney, Premier of Alberta

premier@gov.ab.ca

Jeremy Nixon, MLA Calgary-Klein

Calgary.Klein@assembly.ab.ca

Tanya Fir, Minister of Economic Development

Calgary.Peigan@assembly.ab.ca

Tyler Shandro, Minister of Health

Calgary.Acadia@assembly.ab.ca

Dr.Deena Hinshaw, Chief Medical Officer of Health

780-427-5263

Although we are eager to return to a sense of normality, we are still dedicated to following AHS guidelines to ensure our members, customers and employees remain safe. Our main goal is to ask AHS to re-consider their decision so our community can get back to doing what they love, as safely as possible.

We encourage that you send a email including your own thoughts however, we understand not everyone has the time to formulate their own email. If you are wanting to show your support and don't have the time to write your own email, feel free to send the following message to any of the provided government officials we listed above.

"Hi there,

It has been brought to my attention that Indoor Shooting Ranges have been classified as "indoor recreational facilities" and have been subject to Phase 3 of Alberta's Strategic Re-Opening Plan. I'm writing you today to express my concern surrounding the unjust classification that Indoor Ranges in Alberta have received, as I do not feel they pose the same threat as facilities that have much larger occupancy rates; such as, indoor gyms, community recreational centres and the Scotiabank Saddledome. My local indoor range, who is willing to implement single person utilization in the ranges, execute vigorous cleaning/ disinfecting routines, and is willing to abide by all the outlined guidelines AHS has provided to businesses, is somewhat subject to the same restrictions as a mass entertainment centre that can occupy 15,000+ plus people?

Our community whole heartedly understands that the Alberta government and AHS is doing their best to ensure everyone's safety. However, we feel that our local Indoor Ranges have been placed under a generalized umbrella and that there is no legitimate justification. We strongly urge you to re-consider the classification that Indoor Ranges in Alberta have received, so we can safely return to enjoying our sport.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kind regards,

Your Name"

Changes Effective May 18th:

-We will be returning to reduced hours | 9am-5pm Monday-Saturday | Sunday 12pm-4pm |

-Range access will NOT be permitted.

-Monthly Membership recurring payments have been put back on hold

-All Annual Shooting Membership expiry dates will be adjusted appropriately to reflect the range closure.

We thank you for your support and patience during these trying times.

Yours truly,

SSIR Management"

Sending a few emails!

"Rapid fire is the crutch of the incompetent"
    "Loose lips sink ships"

Sent them all an individual email.
    If Straight Shooters or Western Metals ever need any extra support PM me.
    I am a member of Straight Shooters and customer of Western Metals.
    I am in for the fight and willing to support/help your companies however I can!

I sent emails as well. I miss my range time....
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

CGN Regular
    We should be pressing the conservatives hard over this and the gun ban issue, we elected them as Albertans first and foremost to defend our rights not to just copy paste the liberal playbook. I am sick of this virus being used to destroy businesses at the whim of politicians who've never worked an honest day in their lives.

There are opening the schools of 1000's in BC and you are being told to stay shut down. Control freaks comes to mind.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    Remember, it's not what you did once, but what you can do on demand that counts. Fr. Frog
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Will send some emails for sure; in the meantime wanted to ask if you have LE coming to practice/qualify in your range...?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Garand's Avatar
    The Gun Hub in Dunmore Alberta has been open for over 1 month now. They engaged lawyers and worked out a solution with AHS to opening their indoor ranges.
    Last edited by Garand; 05-22-2020 at 09:50 AM.
    Real soldiers are old-fashioned people who still believe in honour, and that is the most attractive thing about them. -Gwynne Dyer

Boss Spearman in Open Range : " I always liked a gun with a little heft to it".

Received response from Klein MLA stating they’d advocate on my behalf and would let me know the response they receive.
    Will keep this thread posted.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    There are opening the schools of 1000's in BC and you are being told to stay shut down. Control freaks comes to mind.
    do you know what bill 10 is? yeah kenny is as bad as the Turd.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast