Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: SJ CPR Compact Precision Rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    Just curious about this set-up and want to ask a couple of questions...

Does that MDT chassis take standard 30 cal Pmags? Or MDT or other specific mags? I could Google but I'll admit I am lazy without knowing an exact model number of it to check.

How is the cheek weld on that? It seems like a "chin or free air weld" more than a proper precision cheek weld. I know, a lot of precision shooters don't touch a rifle when bench shooting... but I am looking more for free-hand and "tree supported" type shooting. Does that Magpul stock take the Mapgul cheek rest risers?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaveHammer View Post
    I own one, so I'll chime in - the MDT chassis takes AICS magazines, which Magpul, MDT, and several other manufacturers build, in a standard 10 round configuration, as well as 12 rounds (plus extensions from other companies like Area 419 and MDT, typically adding 2-4 rds).

The Magpul CTR lets you use Magpul's cheek risers - I have a .25" riser on my CPR and it's perfect for Low to Medium rings (under 1" height) without stretching my neck. I think I bought it from SFRC.

Bradley
    I run the MDT skeleton stock on mine. I adjust the cheek rest up a bit and it works perfectly.

Any idea on $$$$$. Very interested!

Just curious about this set-up and want to ask a couple of questions...

Does that MDT chassis take standard 30 cal Pmags? Or MDT or other specific mags? I could Google but I'll admit I am lazy without knowing an exact model number of it to check.

How is the cheek weld on that? It seems like a "chin or free air weld" more than a proper precision cheek weld. I know, a lot of precision shooters don't touch a rifle when bench shooting... but I am looking more for free-hand and "tree supported" type shooting. Does that Magpul stock take the Mapgul cheek rest risers?

Thanks.
    I will also give the thumbs up to the Magpul cheek riser. Or you can go full ham like I did and heavily modify a PRS stock. It actually works quite comfortably.

https://imgur.com/a/cBl6Fbj

What are your guys' impressions of this rifle?

I have a big 'n heavy .308 that I'm considering replacing with something along these lines (including looking closely at the new SIG offering once it's in the wild).

Looking to fill a dual need of competition/pack rifle if not an unreasonable request.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaveHammer View Post
    the MDT chassis takes AICS magazines... The Magpul CTR lets you use Magpul's cheek risers
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    I run the MDT skeleton stock on mine. I adjust the cheek rest up a bit and it works perfectly.
    Thank you both for the answers!
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

What is the overall length on the rifle with the stock collapsed?

Since these are .308-based, that opens up other caliber options...being a shorty, I am particularly interested in necking up. Since you are also sourcing the barrels for this project, any thoughts on .338 Fed or .375 Raptor?
    “And don't you ever stand for that sort of thing! Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back! You got the right same as anyone to live and... try to kill people.” - Capt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

Are these barrels a set length that you have in stock? Just wondering if you are cutting and threading blanks down to 12.9".
    Last edited by Aniest; 01-14-2021 at 06:52 PM.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Are these barrels a set length that you have in stock? Just wondering if you are cutting and threading blanks down to 12.9".
    we are Havign these made in batches by IBI, it would be very exspensive for us to have 1 just made,
    next batch of .308 win is being made

Quote Originally Posted by thespen View Post
    I will also give the thumbs up to the Magpul cheek riser. Or you can go full ham like I did and heavily modify a PRS stock. It actually works quite comfortably.

https://imgur.com/a/cBl6Fbj
    I'll send an email...
    Last edited by Aniest; 01-22-2021 at 09:25 AM.