Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324252737 ... LastLast

Thread: OIC Legal Action Tracker 18AUG20

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    In 1989 the Canadian Coalition for Gun Control got a $10,000 seed money grant from the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police. Strangely enough the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police got a $10,000 grant from the department of Justice for firearms education. In the criminal world this is called money laundering. Ms Cuckier, an expert on messaging was selected to lead the Coalition and her message educating gun owners has been anti gun.
    Cukier received $380 600 in 2002 for the Department of Justice

https://i.imgur.com/5RlCaBD.jpg
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

Quote Originally Posted by jethunter View Post
    Do you also recall when he CFGC received a large grant from the Liberal government, who subsequently made a large donation to the liberal party. Hundreds of thousands of $$.

Quote Originally Posted by DT741 View Post

YOu refer to the $500,000 educational grant from justice Canada , of which about $380,000 went to a Liberal Lobbyist Kim Doran to educate Members of Parliament about the need for gun laws.
    We have no idea of where the rest of the money went - about $120k - as we have no access the CFGC financials and they do not publish them or make them available.

There is no evidence money was laundered back to the Liberal party and the CPC government did not see fit to audit the books of the CFGC to ensure that the grant was spent on "education"

https://lobbycanada.gc.ca/app/secure...9&regId=490026

List of Government Funding
    Government Institution
    Funding Received in Last Financial Year
    DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
    $380,600.00
    C. Lobbying Activity Information
    Federal departments or organizations which have been or will be communicated with during the course of the undertaking:
    Justice Canada (JC), Privy Council Office (PCO), Solicitor General Canada (SGC), Treasury Board Of Canada Secretariat (TBS)
    Communication techniques that have been used or are expected to be used in the course of the undertaking:
    Informal communications, Meetings, Presentations, Telephone calls, Written communications, whether in hard copy or electronic format

Details Regarding the Identified Subject Matter
    Categories
    Description
    Legislative Proposal
    MAINTAINING CANADA FIREARMS CONTROL LEGISLATION
    Last edited by 10x; 05-29-2020 at 07:06 AM.
    If you don't have 12(3), 12(4),12(5), or 12(6) on your gun license, or if your PAL expires, the licensing system says your hands are "the wrong hands".
    Gun owner licensing, keeping guns out of the hands of the law abiding.
    :

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DT741 View Post

Is that a sourceable document that can be easily verified?

The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

“Client: coalition for gun control

Coalition: The client is not a coalition.”

Facepalm.
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

Answered my own question.

There it is: https://lobbycanada.gc.ca/app/secure...9&regId=490026

Why haven’t I seen this before? Why isn’t this plastered on everything eachtime she’s featured in an article and and drops some line like “we should be looking into where the gun lobby’s money really comes from...”

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakjack View Post

There it is: https://lobbycanada.gc.ca/app/secure...7989ŽId=490026

Why haven’t I seen this before? Why isn’t this plastered on everything eachtime she’s featured in an article and and drops some line like “we should be looking into where the gun lobby’s money really comes from...”
    I will be sharing the info every chance that comes up
    "Take a deep breath, and find your balls..."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiakjack View Post

There it is: https://lobbycanada.gc.ca/app/secure...7989ŽId=490026

Because as offensive and disgusting as this all sounds, this is common place. The government is constantly funding consultants and lobbyists to the tune of tens of millions of dollars annually for a wide range of BS.

Government relations firms get paid by the government to give the government advice on policy in the form of a report that was written before the contract was signed, and then the consultants get paid to go commission a bunch of surveys and polls to support the statements made in the report. A report which the government will then use in support of some policy that they already decided they wanted to do. This is literally how the sausage is made.

The government will often go to several competing firms and have them all do the same thing and then cherry pick the ones that have the most politically favourable language. This is not some rare exception. THis is how it works. The fact that a lot of these lobbyists also represent corporate interests who pay to have influence that process makes it all worse. Its all quite insidious and incestuous and its been that way for 100 years.

Remember the sponsorship scandal? That's how bad it needs to get before anyone cares.

Personally I get a lot more traction with people reminding them that its only in the last few years that Wendy got fired before she even started from being the president of a university because of credible allegations of bullying. She is a bully now, and she's been trying to bully gun owners for years. Her slanderous and baseless statements made against gun owners, her unscientific claims regarding gun ownership and crime, these are all the tactics of developmentally challenged bully craving social recognition and compensating for an inadequate sense of attachment to her absentee caregivers as a child. If anyone can find that CFGC has received money recently, then we have something new to talk about. Otherwise no one cares about government spending from 2002.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    Because as offensive and disgusting as this all sounds, this is common place. The government is constantly funding consultants and lobbyists to the tune of tens of millions of dollars annually for a wide range of BS.

Government relations firms get paid by the government to give the government advice on policy in the form of a report that was written before the contract was signed, and then the consultants get paid to go commission a bunch of surveys and polls to support the statements made in the report. A report which the government will then use in support of some policy that they already decided they wanted to do. This is literally how the sausage is made.
    snip.
    This is a government department handing out money to lobby the politicians who set policy for that department.
    The Bureaucrats who prepared and recommended the minister of Justice approve of this grant should be fired.
    This move is far worse than SNC Lavalin or the Norman debacle
    This was discussed by gun owners and gun lobby folk in the Canadian firearms digest but the Members of Parliament were not smart enough or did not have the courage to take it to question period on the floor of the House of Commons
    If you don't have 12(3), 12(4),12(5), or 12(6) on your gun license, or if your PAL expires, the licensing system says your hands are "the wrong hands".
    Gun owner licensing, keeping guns out of the hands of the law abiding.
    :

CGN Regular
    In the interests of clarity, this is the second or third post I’ve made in a series of posts to come, the SOLE intent is to shame a percentage of firearms owners in this country.
    The group I wish to shame are the “I’ll donate if you win” and the “Go Get’em Boys! Unh...I don’t spend my hard earned money on anything that isn’t a sure thing”. Make no mistake; there are LOTS of members in this group. They’re happy to opine on the subject, tell anyone listening how they’re screwing things up and how they “Should” approach things, but unwilling to send even $20 in support.
    I’m an old, retired guy, and my wife and I live on a fixed income. Shooting sports are my sole hobby; I don’t golf, too old to camp, kayak or hunt any longer. I reload so I can shoot as much as possible, but my disposable income drops each year as the cost of living climbs.
    I belong to every Gun rights in Canada, and buy new memberships each year. The first legal action I heard of was the CCFR challenge; I immediately sent them $100. I did the same when I heard of the Shooting Edge FoFundMe, and I sent another $100 to the Prince George action when it was filed.

I had pretty much exhausted any disposable cash at that point, so I went to my safe, and dug around until I’d identified some firearms that don’t get used enough...”Nice to haves” not “need to haves” I like all three, but I don’t use them enough.

Last week, I took the first one, a nice old Browning boltgun with a decent Leopold scope on it, stripped it down and cleaned it thoroughly, listed it and sold it for $875. Once the sale was finalized on Monday with PAL checks, I delivered it to the new owner, divided all of the sale price in three and added $25. To make three, $300 donations, one for each active filing. As more cases are filed, I will sell the other two and repeat the process.

I’m telling you this not to brag. I’m directing this at the CHEAP S.O.B.’s with a million excuses of WHY they can’t or won’t donate to this cause. This is the line in the sand, don’t mistake it for something other than what it is. If we do not fight this as vigorously as we possibly can, rest assured; in a decade it won’t matter. You will not have ANY guns to worry about. Pistols, Rifles, Shotguns will all be GONE.

If an old retired guy on a fixed income has come up with $1200 in less than a month, there is not ONE, SINGLE Gun owner in this country that can’t spring at LEAST a hundred bucks free. How many guns have you got sitting in your safe that haven’t been fired in years? Sell them and donate...the guns aren’t doing the job they were intended for, someone else would be happy to be using them, and you won’t get called cheap anymore....Win-win-win!

Balls in your court. Donate

GunNutz
    The Ontario Landowner Association is filing for a judicial review as well if that should be posted here for every one to see ?
    I really miss my ex but my aim is getting better !