Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920212223242636 ... LastLast

Thread: OIC Legal Action Tracker 18AUG20

Quote Originally Posted by Static80 View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a way to rank the legal proceedings for those of us that don't speak great legaleese. As pretty much everyone else I'm sure, I have a limited budget but would like to donate to the most likely or maybe the most in need legal challenge. How is one to know where to send their "disposable" income in order to achieve the best effect?
    Solomon's application is mainly dealing with how the GIC comes to the "opinion " that the firearms are of reasonable use in sporting and hunting. It briefly touches on the Bill of Right but it seems not to be the main effort. Solomon's case asked for 4 items of reliefs, the first is simply the order to declare the OIC of no effect.

CCFR's application encompasses Solomon's case as well as addressing RCMP's SFSS activity in the FRT concerning delegation of power . It also clearly separates the administration aspect from the constitutional aspect. CCFR's case is much more detail in the the relief request which shows some thought on the different outcomes and scenarios, including injuction at different stages and that the mortars and rocket launchers will need to stay prohib because they obviously of no hunting purposes.

At the end of the day, it is not just the application and the scope of the application. The legal team itself is much more important. you can write a fancy application but if the team can't do the job, it is all moot. If you are a criminal lawyer, you want to stick more with the criminal code of things. If your team has constitutional specialties, you can bring on the constitutional side. When you have a case that touches on multiple aspects, not only you need good individual specialties, you need a strong manager and a strong partner to drive the case in a direction by managing all the moving pieces ( so you wont' look incoherent ). That's why the scope of the application is also related to the size of the law firm somewhat and the collection of specialties. You can run a simple strong case, you can also run a strong case of a large scope. The key is to bite what you can chew.
    Last edited by greentips; 05-28-2020 at 10:56 AM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Not sure if the FB CGN page has published the post by John Hipwell on his filing, Only post I've noted are here in the vendors page, but it would be nice to have the proper link for his gofundme page put out there

JUDICIAL REVIEW of OIC
    I have engaged the services of EDWARD L. BURLEW, LL.B. to proceed with a Judicial review of the OIC. I will be looking for financial support and will be setting up an account to accept contributions..

We are looking for firearm owners who use the Weatherby .460 or a rifle chambered in .50 BMG for hunting Grizzly Bears, Walrus or Narwhales in Canada. Also, anyone who uses a Mini 14 or Mini 30 for hunting or predator control, or an AR15 for competition in Canada. If you are one of these people and you are willing to provide a signed affidavit and testify in court if required please e-mail your details to me John@wolverinesupplies.com I must have a commitment from you this week. Please make your subject line Judicial Review of OIC.

Added the following 1 hour after my first post.

The response has been strong, please e-mail me your statement as to how this OIC has affected you. Advise if you are willing to sign an affidavit and appear in court. I will use everyone's e-mail in support of my own affidavit, so keep them coming, your effort will not be wasted, but will only require a very few to sign and possible appear in court.

We will look into setting up an account to receive funds on Monday.

Cheers

Another hour later, the response is terrific, keep the e-mails coming but please understand I will not have time to reply to everyone. Thank you.

Added later. Will be pleased to hear from anyone who has a firearm affected by this OIC.

Edit #4

A GoFundMe page has been created to accept support. Please follow the link below for more information on how to show your support!

Link to the GOFUNDME --> https://www.gofundme.com/f/judicial-...-amp-ed-burlew

Clarification:

This action with Ed Burlew has ben initiated by myself personally, not Wolverine Supplies, whilst I am the founder of Wolverine Supplies I am now retired from the business which is operated by my son Matt and his wife Genn. I assist them on a "as required basis".

Wolverine Supplies is working with the CCFR with their court action that is completely separate from mine.

Update:
    I am getting literally hundreds of personal e-mails offering support, this is great, don't stop. Please make your e-mails to me in the form of a statement of how this OIC has affected you. Sign it and provide your address and phone number. I plan to attach all your letters to my own affidavit as supporting evidence.
    Sorry but I will not have time to reply to everyone.

Further clarification:
    We are doing an Administrative challenge .
    An Application for Judicial Review of the OIC 2020-298 of the Governor General In Council.
    We will file in Fed Court Toronto
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 05-26-2020 at 02:43 PM.
    You should become a member
    CCFR
    CSSA

thank you for this, can you also include donation links for the legal actions or is that not allowed?

Just updated the TSE case.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge View Post
    Ontario too. We need to bury this govt in lawsuits and challenges - so much they will rue the day they came after our property.
    Governments never rue the day because of court challenges unless you can get an injunction. Its wise its not even likely to be the same government in power when the ruling comes as when the bad law was pushed.

We dont just need to file these suits, we need to support them all the way to end. Dont think youve done your part by giving once. We will need regular and sustained funding to ensure these challenges dont run out of steam. If you file a challenge then run out of money and quit, you lose. No points for second place. And we need to keep the pressure on politically.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    Solomon's application is mainly dealing with how the GIC comes to the "opinion " that the firearms are of reasonable use in sporting and hunting. It briefly touches on the Bill of Right but it seems not to be the main effort. Solomon's case asked for 4 items of reliefs, the first is simply the order to declare the OIC of no effect.

CCFR's application encompasses Solomon's case as well as addressing RCMP's SFSS activity in the FRT concerning delegation of power . It also clearly separates the administration aspect from the constitutional aspect. CCFR's case is much more detail in the the relief request which shows some thought on the different outcomes and scenarios, including injuction at different stages and that the mortars and rocket launchers will need to stay prohib because they obviously of no hunting purposes.

At the end of the day, it is not just the application and the scope of the application. The legal team itself is much more important. you can write a fancy application but if the team can't do the job, it is all moot. If you are a criminal lawyer, you want to stick more with the criminal code of things. If your team has constitutional specialties, you can bring on the constitutional side. When you have a case that touches on multiple aspects, not only you need good individual specialties, you need a strong manager and a strong partner to drive the case in a direction by managing all the moving pieces ( so you wont' look incoherent ). That's why the scope of the application is also related to the size of the law firm somewhat and the collection of specialties. You can run a simple strong case, you can also run a strong case of a large scope. The key is to bite what you can chew.
    Well tonight at midnight is when I get paid, and I'm willing to send a couple hundred more bucks to one of the legal actions but I still don't know which one. Maybe I'll split it up and give them each $25

Donated another $100 to the Parker vs, Canada action headed by Solomon Friedman on the NFA's site.
    Will be donating again next pay.
    Donate! and spread the word!
    Last edited by Meyer12th; 05-29-2020 at 03:22 AM.

CGN frequent flyer lupothebutcher's Avatar
    Someone should file a request for injunction which would stop the government from fighting Canadian taxpayers using taxpayer funds....
    The legal firearm owner in Canada must be very careful to follow the letter of the law in regards to the firearms act, he must, above all, be very careful NOT to try to interject REASON or COMMON SENSE into the process

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by zupermann View Post
    Yes, we need to find a way to sue /make Wendy Cutler and Heidi etc pay for the ruin they caused us.
    This MUST be done.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    And Allan Rock.