Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192021222324252627282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: OIC Legal Action Tracker 18AUG20

I do hope we win over this. I also hope, more than anything, that we are going after the individuals behind this hatred against us and take them to the cleaners. There are a few names to put on those lawsuits.

Just a point of clarification: I don't think any of these actions are Lawsuits. I know that the action I'm involved in will be a Judicial Review. From what I am brought to understand from talking with my personal lawyer (not the one representing me as part of the OLA case), these types of actions do not necessarily take as long as a traditional lawsuit. That said, COVID19 is going to put a wrench into some of the works, and discovery may be hampered by an uncooperative Cabinet/Government, but I have a feeling this isn't going to be a 3-5 year process.

As I said in another thread, my wet dream is that one or all of these actions are successful on Constitutional grounds, and that there's a snap election and the Tories win and decide not to appeal (meaning it never gets kicked up the ladder to the SCOC). Wouldn't that be just awesome?
    CSSA Member / CCFR Member
    "We live in a rude, discourteous, profane, hotheaded society that loves its rights, [and] prefers not to hear about its responsibilities..." - Riley Hollingsworth, Former FCC Special Counsel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by va3kpj View Post

As I said in another thread, my wet dream is that one or all of these actions are successful on Constitutional grounds, and that there's a snap election and the Tories win and decide not to appeal (meaning it never gets kicked up the ladder to the SCOC). Wouldn't that be just awesome?

This is my wet dream:

... that if the review determines that the AR-15 is in fact reasonable for hunting OR sporting, then it can’t even be restricted, let alone prohibited. Which would mean being able hunt with ARs, AS WELL AS opening the door to de-restricting handguns as well.

Hey, a fella can dream, can’t he?
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    AK's, FAL's, G3's, AUG's and all the rest were also prohibited by OIC, were they not?
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by va3kpj View Post
    Just a point of clarification: I don't think any of these actions are Lawsuits.
    Correct, but the ATRS suit is a lawsuit. They are suing for damages (lost income)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakjack View Post
    This is my wet dream:

... that if the review determines that the AR-15 is in fact reasonable for hunting OR sporting, then it can’t even be restricted, let alone prohibited. Which would mean being able hunt with ARs, AS WELL AS opening the door to de-restricting handguns as well.

Hey, a fella can dream, can’t he?
    If these challenges win the effects could be far reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    AK's, FAL's, G3's, AUG's and all the rest were also prohibited by OIC, were they not?
    there has been a lot done by OIC IIRC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    Yes they were. As far as I'm aware it never went to court. Not enough people got screwed over to mobilize any serious resources.
    The only legal case brought up was to do with the long gun registry.

This fundraising and action should have happened back then. Maybe now that OIC can be repealed as well. I have pics with some of these rifle types in competition....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Internet adoption in the 90's was pitiful compared to now. That's the big difference, really. Makes you wonder about those proposed Internet censorship laws, eh?
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    there is also this:

SOR/2020-96: "The Amnesty Order permits the use of any of the newly prohibited firearms, if previously non-restricted, to hunt for the purposes of sustenance..............".
    The AR-15 was non restricted before (1970;s and 90;s) so, aside from the fact you would need an att, the oic does make it legal due to wording. I wonder if any of the challenges are going to speak to this? I assume this why TSE was looking for this information earlier (the NZ hunters with ar-15's and the changes to the AR-15 legal status)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    Anyone knows if the applicants have claimed for court costs?
    this is usually pretty standard to ask for costs and other "reasonable relief the court may grant"

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-boss-man View Post
    this is usually pretty standard to ask for costs and other "reasonable relief the court may grant"
    Payment to all gun owners for undue duress, topped off with a national televised apology by Billy and Turd would be nice. Isn't that usually the Liberal way?