Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425262838 ... LastLast

Thread: OIC Legal Action Tracker 18AUG20

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    Payday. Another round of donations went out today.

The additional filing by private individuals being conducted with Bouchelev law firm. We're in this together guys.

Ontario-Landowner-Association-Gun-Ban-Court-Challenge-Judicial-Review
    IN-ESTEEMED-COMPANY-Judicial-review-of-oic-sor-2020-96-FILING
    GOFUNDME Link

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    It's kind of a kick in the nuts that Shooting Edge filing is only asking for relief in Alberta and not the entire country.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Is there a legal reason why Trudeau and Blair plus all others involved in enacting the OIC are not named in this suit? If not it would be great to have them named and possibly go to court to answer questions that they didn't hand pick from the bought and paid for media.

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by mactroneng View Post
    It's kind of a kick in the nuts that Shooting Edge filing is only asking for relief in Alberta and not the entire country.
    Today is payday and was going to donate to every group filing a case but I guess I'll have to rethink this living in Ontario plus who I should or shouldn't buy from anymore. Just my thoughts anyways !
    I really miss my ex but my aim is getting better !

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Is there a legal reason why Trudeau and Blair plus all others involved in enacting the OIC are not named in this suit? If not it would be great to have them named and possibly go to court to answer questions that they didn't hand pick from the bought and paid for media.
    The reason is because that's not how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    It is not a lawsuit. Solomon Friedman filed a Judicial review that questions the legal standing of the Order in Council and whether or not the Order in Council has any force in law.

Sitting Members of parliament are protected from testifying at Judicial reviews so there is no point in naming any sitting member of parliament
    how ever public servants are NOT Protected and can testify revealing the orders they received from the Minister or privy council and who gave the order to create the OIC , as well as who supplied the term the OIC puts forth as regulation
    If you don't have 12(3), 12(4),12(5), or 12(6) on your gun license, or if your PAL expires, the licensing system says your hands are "the wrong hands".
    Gun owner licensing, keeping guns out of the hands of the law abiding.
    :

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FranksPop View Post
    In the interests of clarity, this is the second or third post I’ve made in a series of posts to come, the SOLE intent is to shame a percentage of firearms owners in this country.
    The group I wish to shame are the “I’ll donate if you win” and the “Go Get’em Boys! Unh...I don’t spend my hard earned money on anything that isn’t a sure thing”. Make no mistake; there are LOTS of members in this group. They’re happy to opine on the subject, tell anyone listening how they’re screwing things up and how they “Should” approach things, but unwilling to send even $20 in support.
    I’m an old, retired guy, and my wife and I live on a fixed income. Shooting sports are my sole hobby; I don’t golf, too old to camp, kayak or hunt any longer. I reload so I can shoot as much as possible, but my disposable income drops each year as the cost of living climbs.
    I belong to every Gun rights in Canada, and buy new memberships each year. The first legal action I heard of was the CCFR challenge; I immediately sent them $100. I did the same when I heard of the Shooting Edge FoFundMe, and I sent another $100 to the Prince George action when it was filed.

I had pretty much exhausted any disposable cash at that point, so I went to my safe, and dug around until I’d identified some firearms that don’t get used enough...”Nice to haves” not “need to haves” I like all three, but I don’t use them enough.

Last week, I took the first one, a nice old Browning boltgun with a decent Leopold scope on it, stripped it down and cleaned it thoroughly, listed it and sold it for $875. Once the sale was finalized on Monday with PAL checks, I delivered it to the new owner, divided all of the sale price in three and added $25. To make three, $300 donations, one for each active filing. As more cases are filed, I will sell the other two and repeat the process.

I’m telling you this not to brag. I’m directing this at the CHEAP S.O.B.’s with a million excuses of WHY they can’t or won’t donate to this cause. This is the line in the sand, don’t mistake it for something other than what it is. If we do not fight this as vigorously as we possibly can, rest assured; in a decade it won’t matter. You will not have ANY guns to worry about. Pistols, Rifles, Shotguns will all be GONE.

If an old retired guy on a fixed income has come up with $1200 in less than a month, there is not ONE, SINGLE Gun owner in this country that can’t spring at LEAST a hundred bucks free. How many guns have you got sitting in your safe that haven’t been fired in years? Sell them and donate...the guns aren’t doing the job they were intended for, someone else would be happy to be using them, and you won’t get called cheap anymore....Win-win-win!

Balls in your court. Donate
    Thank you for an excellent post.

To add to it, not only they shy away from or just plainly refuse any donations for our common good cause, but many of those cheap SOBs dare to come to this forum encouraging others not to donate - trully DISGUISTING.

I have already told several of them a few words about it, and they still not only get angry in return about it but also they complained to mods of this forum against me. Really disguisting.
    Last edited by cras111; 05-29-2020 at 06:05 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    It is not a lawsuit. Solomon Friedman filed a Judicial review that questions the legal standing of the Order in Council and whether or not the Order in Council has any force in law.

Sitting Members of parliament are protected from testifying at Judicial reviews so there is no point in naming any sitting member of parliament
    how ever public servants are NOT Protected and can testify revealing the orders they received from the Minister or privy council and who gave the order to create the OIC , as well as who supplied the term the OIC puts forth as regulation
    Thankyou.

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by mactroneng View Post
    I think all the legal filings are coming at this from different angles, theirs is I believe in part to have it heard in their area from their point of view, if they win, it may be easier for other provincial areas to do the same!
    As General Norman Schwarzkopf said in the gulf war,, we will go over them, under them around them and through them,,, whatever it takes! Everywhere they look they should see lawyers coming towards them with papers in their hands!