Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1525272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: JUDICIAL REVIEW of OIC

CGN Regular
    Was just doing some digging, and, apparently the GOVERNOR GENERAL of Canada is the patron of the DCRA. (Dominion of Canada Rifle Association)

For those unaware "The Dominion of Canada Rifle Association was founded in 1868 and incorporated by an Act of Parliament 63-64 Victoria Chapter 99, assented to July 7, 1900, to promote and encourage the training of marksmanship throughout Canada".

^Taken from the dcra web page, id recommend reading up on its history as i believe it contains legitimate evidence for our case(s).

A couple of points I've derived from my perusal of the documents.

Point 1) if the current Governor general was the Patron of the DCRA (which was as we know established as an act of parliament) during which time civilians trained along side the Canadian Forces to develope marksmanship skills, (the mandate of the dcra) using the now prohibited rifles, how can it also be the Governor General's opinion that these rifles are unreasonable for the very types of shooting the DCRA was established to promote? (A requirement for the OIC to have any merit, ie must be the governor in councils opinion that any prohibited thing be, in fact, unreasonable)

Point 2) Also taken from the DCRA website "In 1957 the Canadian Army introduced the FNC1 as the military rifle. DCRA members were entitled to borrow these firearms from DND for competition purposes in the Service Rifle matches".
    ^ Is it just me or does this not prove that "military style" rifles are valid choices for sporting purposes? I get that this was a while ago, but correct me if im wrong but the DCRA's mandate given to it by an Act of Parliament still exists does it not? As we STILL HAVE service rifle matches.

Sorry for the long essay but I just feel some of this information should be more common knowledge and maybe even included in some of these cases once reviewed by someone alot smarter than me.
    Last edited by apexanimal; 05-29-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I an delighted to report that Ed Burlew has reached out to the lawyers of all four actions and a cooperating alliance has been formed between our Lawyers.

Quote from Ed Burlew
    "We have all agreed to work co-operativley to share resources and to create a united front to the Federal Government Department of Justice. By this combination of sharing our resources and experience as a cohesive legal team we have confidence in success."
    F'A!
    Nice...
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Regular William_mississauga's Avatar
    donated, thanks

CGN Regular
    So many typos in the filing, yikes. The content looks good, but get an editor!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleCrow View Post
    So many typos in the filing, yikes. The content looks good, but get an editor!
    same with the other ones. It happens a lot I am sure. Not really a big deal, typos don't make your legal arguments less valid, it's not like the judge is your elementary language arts teacher or something.

How does one join the DCRA. Sounds more legit than a lot of the other firearms groups that have popped up lately.

Also wondering if we push hard enough can we get a blanket ban on all semi-automatic firearms to make our point of an ban on undefinable weapons a moot point. We need to be careful we don’t drag everyone down with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
    Also wondering if we push hard enough can we get a blanket ban on all semi-automatic firearms to make our point of an ban on undefinable weapons a moot point. We need to be careful we don’t drag everyone down with us.
    Are you really naïve enough to still think that any firearm is safe? Time to wake up and smell the coffee my friend!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Are you really naïve enough to still think that any firearm is safe? Time to wake up and smell the coffee my friend!
    ^^^ this!!!

They eventually want them all!!
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-boss-man View Post
    same with the other ones. It happens a lot I am sure. Not really a big deal, typos don't make your legal arguments less valid, it's not like the judge is your elementary language arts teacher or something.
    Not but if you see a dozen by reading it quick on a pdf in your phone, makes you wonder what happenned with the proof read.

Anyways not want to bash / insult anyone. there is a ton of work in this its obvious, and thank you to all the team that made that possible