Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 414161718192021222324252627282930313234 ... LastLast

Thread: JUDICIAL REVIEW of OIC

donated to the gofundme. happy to do it. best of luck.

To clarify for everyone - you are looking for letters and emails from anyone with a firearm banned by the OIC that used them for hunting, or competition/sport shooting prior to May 1st?
    Those people also must be willing to testify, if necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    John,

Do you think that there is a valid discriminatory aspect to the OIC which could be leveraged in court, based on the fact that the government has banned the very rifle (AR15) that makes participation in the shooting sports achievable and enjoyable for youth, females and those of both sexes with physical disabilities? It strikes me that of all potential firearms, the AR15 is the lightest, best-balanced, most adaptable and least recoiling design of the bunch. Those characteristics make the "Modern Sporting Rife" particularly suitable for folks like me who are confined to a wheelchair. Can the fact that the Government of Canada is now denying me the use of my AR15s (and variants), be considered discriminatory against a persons with physical disabilities?
    This would likely be a very powerful statement and letter to include in the suit IMO....

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    John,

Do you think that there is a valid discriminatory aspect to the OIC which could be leveraged in court, based on the fact that the government has banned the very rifle (AR15) that makes participation in the shooting sports achievable and enjoyable for youth, females and those of both sexes with physical disabilities? It strikes me that of all potential firearms, the AR15 is the lightest, best-balanced, most adaptable and least recoiling design of the bunch. Those characteristics make the "Modern Sporting Rife" particularly suitable for folks like me who are confined to a wheelchair. Can the fact that the Government of Canada is now denying me the use of my AR15s (and variants), be considered discriminatory against a persons with physical disabilities?
    Yes a very valid point but I doubt it would impress a court as it is not a work place and safety issue. Please right your comments up and send them to me in an e-mail and I will add it to the pile that I will be attaching to my affidavit. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TommyT45 View Post
    donated to the gofundme. happy to do it. best of luck.

To clarify for everyone - you are looking for letters and emails from anyone with a firearm banned by the OIC that used them for hunting, or competition/sport shooting prior to May 1st?
    Those people also must be willing to testify, if necessary?
    As things develop I think the requirements are changing slightly. Must be willing to supply a signed affidavit if required but unlikely to be required to testify.

Further clarification:

We are doing an Administrative challenge .
    An Application for Judicial Review of the OIC 2020-298 of the Governor General In Council.
    We will file in Fed Court Toronto

CGN Regular
    If you have a template or points needed covered, I am willing to provide an affidavit. Just unlikely I can make it to testify.
    (LE/Mil background, used guns in the banned list to hunt/compete with prior to May 1)

Quote Originally Posted by SolidPenguin View Post
    If you have a template or points needed covered, I am willing to provide an affidavit. Just unlikely I can make it to testify.
    (LE/Mil background, used guns in the banned list to hunt/compete with prior to May 1)
    I am looking for statements on how the OIC has impacted you, use your own words, I don't need affidavits right now. Thanks

Just donated

Hope this is filed soon.

Donation in, wish you the best of luck in this...

For an Rpal are you not supposed to be a collector or use your firearms for sport and recreational shooting? The whole use as legislated for an AR15 modern sporting rifle has been for sporting purposes at government licensed ranges. That point they try to make is it has no use for sport in Canada is a direct contradiction to why they have been only available for recreation and sporting purposes!