Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Brugger + Thomet GHM9 NON-RESTRICTED Barrels at Dlask Arms Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudbury shooter View Post
    Are you interested in doing this for the TP9?
    Came here to ask this as well...

Are you interested in doing this for the TP9?
    Never had one in the shop to see how it's made. Nothing is impossible though if the numbers are there to make it feasible $ wise for everyone. If someone wants to lend us one to look at I could give you an answer..
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Dlask: Can you do the same for the Lusa 9mm? Very simple barrel, not much to mod from a blank, frankly.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Quote Originally Posted by 5440fight View Post
    Dlask: Can you do the same for the Lusa 9mm? Very simple barrel, not much to mod from a blank, frankly.
    Probably . It also depends on the classification however of these types of gun. If there are 'Rifles' then OK, if they are 'Pistols' then nothing will make them NR....
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Do you have any pictures of what it’s supposed to look like?
    pure se)(

/thread
    'nada

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    LOL what!?!??! Ya I did the very first KGP 9 (and no carbine versions existed either) thru Ian and yet it still got a NR status, PLUS I did the APC9 NR aswell thru him. All of which have since been sold

Sorry to derail Dlask
    I'm just relaying what I was told. Believe me, I want this to happen.

Maybe it is too difficult to do and I got the brush off response? I'd LOVE to de-res my TP9. I haven't seen any in the wild. AND there aren't any entries for a non-restricted TP9 in the FRT database as of May 2020.

Have you even looked at the TP9 barrel/chamber setup? It's not as simple as replacing just the barrel. The chamber would have to be cut off the original and welded on or a whole new barrel/chamber assy would need to be made from scratch.

I can send you the email I got if you don't believe me. jeez.

I want ALL my rezzies off the books!

..and I'm fully aware that the APC-9 can be done. I'm just asking Dlask to start doing them.
    Last edited by Karnage; 05-27-2020 at 10:00 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnage View Post
    I'm just relaying what I was told. Believe me, I want this to happen.

Maybe it is too difficult to do and I got the brush off response? I'd LOVE to de-res my TP9. I haven't seen any in the wild. AND there aren't any entries for a non-restricted TP9 in the FRT database as of May 2020.

Have you even looked at the TP9 barrel/chamber setup? It's not as simple as replacing just the barrel. The chamber would have to be cut off the original and welded on or a whole new barrel/chamber assy would need to be made from scratch.

I can send you the email I got if you don't believe me. jeez.

I want ALL my rezzies off the books!
    Ya I've owned 3 different TP9 over the years. They are a rotating barrel, so im thinking an 18.6" might not be doable or too much actual work for it to happen.
    Not to say I dont believe you, I just find it funny AF for the answer you were given. I truly dont think the TP9 can be made with a NR length barrel for the set up it is.
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Ya I've owned 3 different TP9 over the years. They are a rotating barrel, so im thinking an 18.6" might not be doable or too much actual work for it to happen.
    Not to say I dont believe you, I just find it funny AF for the answer you were given. I truly dont think the TP9 can be made with a NR length barrel for the set up it is.
    I was seriously considering the possibility of using a super lightweight carbon fibre-wrapped pencil barrel (if one exists) and getting that put on. But that would still leave the problem of the chamber section.
    I did the math years ago and the weight is similar to having a suppressor attached so it might be doable. Expensive experiment. Probably why it hasn't been done yet.

Maybe I should yank my barrel out and give Leigh a visit. I'm guessing a lot of people would be on board for something like this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnage View Post
    I was seriously considering the possibility of using a super lightweight carbon fibre-wrapped pencil barrel (if one exists) and getting that put on. But that would still leave the problem of the chamber section.
    I did the math years ago and the weight is similar to having a suppressor attached so it might be doable. Expensive experiment. Probably why it hasn't been done yet.

Maybe I should yank my barrel out and give Leigh a visit. I'm guessing a lot of people would be on board for something like this.
    If anything I would suggest sending them the whole rifle and seeing how it all works, then go from there to determine how it would work
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

New gen 2 has options for 16 rails and 16.5 barrels. That 16" rail could be a cool option for these instead of some funky long fake suppressor.