Thread: Target Sports update - May 25th - RANGES OPEN

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar

Target Sports update - May 25th - RANGES OPEN

Dear Members of Target Sports,

In case you missed the e-blast or are not signed up for the newsletter:

I hope this letter finds you and your families fit and healthy. With the weather finally warming up and the government lifting some of the restrictions, we finally have some good news!

RANGES ARE OPEN

As of FRIDAY May 22nd, we will re-open the ranges for FULL MEMBERS only.

Please, no guests yet. We still have to exercise physical distancing, so only every second lane will be open. (50% capacity rules)

If you have a "family add-on", they may also attend with you. However, NO guests. We cannot make any exceptions to this.

Once we feel we have a handle on the new processes and how many people are coming to the facility on a daily basis we will open up to Associate Members.

We cannot commit to the next level of opening until we get more direction.

Please keep in mind;
    1) We will not have Range Officers available for you.
    2) All dates are subject to change.

HOURS OF OPERATION:

During these past few months, we have had some reductions in our staffing, for a number of reasons; many very personal to the individuals concerned. Please be gentle while we gear up.

Friday May 22nd until Thursday, June 4th, we will be open 10am until 6pm daily.

Friday June 5th and onward, we anticipate going back to our regular hours of:

Monday to Friday 10am to 9pm
    Saturday 9am to 9pm
    Sunday 9am to 6pm

MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS:

I can completely understand that membership expiries need to be addressed as everyone has lost a little less than 2 months of facility use. We want happy members, so we are going to address this by adjusting our fees for the entire next year!

In order to expedite the process and avoid having to come into the store; if your membership expired while we were closed or coming up soon you can fill out the attached form (link at bottom of page) and return it to admin@targetsportscanada.com. Once we receive it, we will contact you for payment.

If you are renewing your full membership

From May 22nd 2020 until May 22nd 2021, the renewal rate will be reduced accordingly.
    Full Membership renewal rate $460 (instead of the $550)
    Professional rate $375 (instead of $450)

FAMILY MEMBER ADD-ON RENEWALS

We will be reducing the renewal rate for this to $240 (instead of the $280)

ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS

Due to the already discounted rate and some Associate Memberships are used as a method of being in "compliance" with the CFO in order to buy a restricted firearm or renew a RPAL. Range use discounts are secondary. With that in mind, no extensions or reductions for Associate Memberships will be offered. However, if you JUST got your membership before we closed, please come speak with us. We are not going to be jerks about this.

IF YOU ARE NOT RENEWING

We hate to see you go, but everyone has different circumstances and we understand. To ensure you get the full "bang for your buck"; when your membership comes due, we will exchange your access and membership card with a card giving you 2 months of range use access. You will have to check in with the counter each visit, but you will still have all of the full privileges of membership. You must do this exchange before your membership expires as this extension is added to your current expiry date (or from May 22nd, 2020; whichever is applicable).

RANGE RENOVATIONS

We have not just been sitting on our hands during this down time.
    Julie and her team have been very busy and super productive! Some of the key improvements:
    1) We did a major upgrade to the HVAC in the pistol bays including new ductwork and air balancing
    2) We installed new flooring in all of the common areas
    3) We installed new lighting in the bays.

Of course, we also cleaned and painted just about every surface.

WELCOME BACK

To be honest, it's been a tough couple of months, but we've managed a lot better than others and for that I am feeling truly blessed.

Please, come in and check out your club. We are pretty proud of how your club is looking these days!

I'll be writing a separate message to discuss the recent gun ban and rule changes, but thought it would be better to separate the messages so the information does not get lost.

As always, if you would like to discuss anything in regards to your club; please feel free to contact me at your convenience: jr@theedgegroup.ca

We're excited to show off the new look... come on in, but wash your grubby hands!

Respectfully yours,

JR Cox
    Owner
    COVID Free since 2020
    Name:  Target open 1.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  87.8 KB
    Name:  tgt 3.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  91.5 KB
    Name:  tgt op 3.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  103.4 KB
    Name:  tgt op 4.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  114.9 KB
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

When will you allow associates use of the range? I'm on vacation for the next 2 weeks so I was really hoping to get some range time in.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    Same question! I’ve got to renew and have a new Glock 40 that’s itching for some range time.
    CSSA and CCFR member

Great job TSC team looks great, can't wait to get back at it. Stay safe, healthy and all the best.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

CGN Regular
    Went on the weekend and it was great to get back shooting.

The new HVAC seems to be a real improvement, although it wasn't very busy so will reserve judgment until later. That said, I didn't wear a mask like I normally do and did not feel like a chimney sweep the next day.

One suggestion, please improve your target carriers. I had to switch lanes twice because they either stop working or don't work at all, which would have been impossible if there had been more people there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Musky Hunter's Avatar
    That's what we use the brooms for...haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Booters View Post
    Went on the weekend and it was great to get back shooting.

The new HVAC seems to be a real improvement, although it wasn't very busy so will reserve judgment until later. That said, I didn't wear a mask like I normally do and did not feel like a chimney sweep the next day.

One suggestion, please improve your target carriers. I had to switch lanes twice because they either stop working or don't work at all, which would have been impossible if there had been more people there.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Musky Hunter View Post
    That's what we use the brooms for...haha.

Good to know hahahaha!