Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Angstadt Arms UDP-9

Except that we all know the Angstadt is not an AR Variant. It uses some components (Trigger mechanism), but that is all. It is a stand-alone design. This variant bullsh#t "creative interpretation" by the horsemen needs to be forcibly shut down with a clear legal definition of "variant". Hopefully the many court cases will address that issue and put the RCMP back in their proper place working for US.
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Except that we all know the Angstadt is not an AR Variant. It uses some components (Trigger mechanism), but that is all. It is a stand-alone design. This variant bullsh#t "creative interpretation" by the horsemen needs to be forcibly shut down with a clear legal definition of "variant". Hopefully the many court cases will address that issue and put the RCMP back in their proper place working for US.
    Well. I definitely understand that we have been loose with the term "variant" for a while now, but the UDP-9 is unquestionably an AR15. UDP-9 uppers are compatible with all AR15 lower receivers, and share 100% parts interchangeability with Colt 9mm carbines.

I don't think this is the example we want to hang our hat on in the overreach in the term "variant."

Bradley
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

Was this an FRT "addition" or was it embedded in the OIC and I just missed it? The Angstadts listed in the OIC did not include the UDP-9 by name or variant, so what gives? Where/how was it prohibited?
    The original OIC included the Jack-9, which is just a UDP-9 with a skull thingy at the magwell.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

The CCFR application is looking for relief to disallow RCMP SFSS to prescribe status based on "variants".

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

"Names" (eg. model designations) are important, would you not agree? How the hell else do you define one firearm from another?!?
    Mark C

"Names" (eg. model designations) are important, would you not agree? How the hell else do you define one firearm from another?!?
    Absolutely, but the OIC was never meant to be an exhaustive list of every firearm that is banned, and nothing would change if they deleted the list of AR15 models under that subparagraph - these are still guns that would be captured, because they are AR15s. The huge list was political theatre, not a limited list.

There are plenty of firearms that have been entirely arbitrarily classified (and reclassified), but this isn't one of them, based on the way the law has been applied even before the OIC. The answer has always been the same when the 9mm ARs come up - "why are these restricted?" "Because they are AR15s."

Bradley
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

I just hung up from the CFO, confirmed prohibited.

Not very happy right now. I thought I had at least one toy left I was allowed to play with.

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Yes the Angstadt UDP series of firearms is prohibited according to the FRT.
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Quote Originally Posted by jacotsmith View Post
    I just hung up from the CFO, confirmed prohibited.

Not very happy right now. I thought I had at least one toy left I was allowed to play with.
    I know how you feel. I’ve been waiting a year for a PCC that was registered as a handgun. It’s now prohibited.

My RRA LAR-15 pistol was prohibited by name, I was not pleased but unsurprised, but I thought the UDP9 escaped the wrath.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast