Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920212223242636 ... LastLast

Thread: Legal actions, Go Fund Me etc.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    So has ATRS filed an actual suit yet? If so, can you please post a link to where you filed, or provide information on your legal team as others have done?

Its a nice act of transparency, but also I am interested to see the specific arguments being raised, and especially interested to know the legal route you are pursuing, IE, federal court vs provincial court.
    To answer some of your questions I will need to see where the various legal teams have got to, so stand by whilst I find out what has happened over the last few days.

For clarity. Rather than starting yet more actions that could cause damage to some of the other actions should they go sideways. After long talks with the CCFR legal team, I have opted to support their action in federal court, as a plaintive, witness and finacially. I am fairly sure the CCFR action has been filed, but I know there is still a lot of ground to cover getting depositions, evidence etc. in order.

I am also involved with Ed Burlew's action that includes Wolverine and Odell among others, Last week when I spoke with Ed we are still a couple of weeks from filing. This action is more aimed at the losses we are all suffering. Much more is required to get all of the evidence in place, we figure we get only 1 shot so want to take the time and do this right. This is also being filed in federal for expediency reasons. Going provincial is unanimously claimed a waste of time by all of the firms I am working with.

Lastly. I have been having a devil of a time trying to find any police, crown prosecutor or anyone to file the criminal information against the guys who illegally changed the FRT's, so it looks like I will be filing a personal information. THIS 1 will take some time simply as I am trying to learn all I can about doing this. I am NOT a lawyer so need to bone up on how much I can do before I need to retain counsel. It is not common, especially when it comes to government employees.

Hopefully for now this is enough to satisfy the question. As I get time, which for me of late is in terribly short supply, and have more to share, I will.
    Last edited by alberta tactical rifle; 06-22-2020 at 04:30 PM.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

BANNED
    ^^^^^so all the money from this gofundme will be donated to support the CCFRs legal action?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    ^^^^^so all the money from this gofundme will be donated to support the CCFRs legal action?
    No. Some will go to the CCFR action, some will support the Burlew action and some will help defray the costs of the private information suit.ALL that has been donated will be used to support the 3 legal actions.
    EVERYTHING will be dispersed directly to the various legal teams involved along with a TON of my own money.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

CGN frequent flyer
    So if a guy wanted to write a cheque to help out, rather than a gofundme contribution, where should he send it?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post

Lastly. I have been having a devil of a time trying to find any police, crown prosecutor or anyone to file the criminal information against the guys who illegally changed the FRT's, so it looks like I will be filing a personal information. THIS 1 will take some time simply as I am trying to learn all I can about doing this. I am NOT a lawyer so need to bone up on how much I can do before I need to retain counsel. It is not common, especially when it comes to government employees.
    have a peek at this guy he seems to have a bit of clue how to do just that.

he has a media contact form on his website to make contact i don't see another way tho

http://justiceforcanada.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by OldDude View Post
    So if a guy wanted to write a cheque to help out, rather than a gofundme contribution, where should he send it?
    A cheque by mail to the shop ATRS #6-2016 25th Ave. N.E. Calgary Ab T2E-6Z4
    OR EMT to info@albertatacticalrifle.com

Thank you for thinking of us!!

CGN Regular
    Donated. First of a couple I hope.

More $ coming when the bastards finally give me my tax dollars back (some of it, not nearly enough).

I'm sure they have many great ideas how to spend my hard earned dollars....like hug therapy for criminals or a beard trimmer for our sophisticated, turban wearing, UN blowing leader.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life - W.C.

Member NFA

I personally have filed an ATIPB with the RCMP asking the following:

I would like to receive all information regarding:
    -the decision to retroactively change the classification for the Alberta Tactical Rifle Modern Sporter (Firearm Reference Number (FRN): 194622) from Non-Restricted to Prohibited following the May 1st Order in Council.
    -Who ordered the changes and who made the changes in the FRT
    -The justification for modifying the FRT and classifying the ATRS Modern Sporter as prohibited
    -Who approved the removal of the Canadian Law Comments section of the FRT for the Modern Sporter.

Hoping to get names so we can light a fire under their ass. If no prosecutor wants to handle the case we can always go Norman Traversy on their ass!
    CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaden View Post

Hoping to get names so we can light a fire under their ass. If no prosecutor wants to handle the case we can always go Norman Traversy on their ass!
    the can of worms has been opened.