Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425262838 ... LastLast

Thread: Legal actions, Go Fund Me etc.

Just chucked in another $100.

I've said it before but I believe if you are only going to get behind one challenge (things aren't exactly booming right now in Canada with everything that is going on so its understandable) then I would choose this one.

Reasons?

1) ATRS is a home grown Canadian company.

2) ATRS products are first class. Ive seen the gear in the flesh and it is quality.

3) ATRS are active members of the firearms communities / sport and have supported various events I have been to (Yes ATRS, we do notice and I for one consider such things when making purchases. I support those that support the sport I enjoy).

4) You don't have to look too far on this forum to see they stand over their products and will make things right no questions asked if something didn't roll off the production line in perfect condition.

5) ATRS had / have an FRT that should have excluded their products from the Turd Reichs OIC without question. Such things don't fall out of the sky. They put a lot of time and effort into making this happen then the same folks that gave them the nod quietly stab them in the back behind the scenes with no fear of repercussions. Meanwhile ATRS has their business wiped out with the stroke of a pen by some faceless, spineless bureaucrat. Think about that for a second. Wrong - on multiple levels.

6) What is being debated in this action is applicable to a heap more products than simply ATRSs. There have been many firearms prohibited via FRT changes (legality of this document is questionable but guaranteed cops will air on the side of caution and you'll get dragged through a lengthy expensive legal process at minimum) and I would imagine a win for ATRS would go a long way to setting a precedent for other similar firearms.

With all this in mind I don't understand how there hasn't been more donated?
    Last edited by Sniffer; 07-17-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Donated through emt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Yet another action is still being drawn up to try and put the legal heat on Murray Smith and the RCMp "lab" for their illegal activities.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/class-act...mp-frt-changes

do you have any news on this front?

Just donated. I'll share this with all the shooters I know.

Just made another Small donation. This needs to be bumped back up.
    Within the Vacuum of Infinity...

CGN Regular
    Donated, never knew the bit about it being illegal for them to change an FRT more than 12 months after they issued it. This case should be a no brainer if you guys can get an honest judge.

Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    Donated, never knew the bit about it being illegal for them to change an FRT more than 12 months after they issued it. This case should be a no brainer if you guys can get an honest judge.
    I didnt know that little tidbit either.

I cant even see why they could do it legally inside the first 12 months either? With the amount of time they take to decide in the first place they should be fairly confident that the decision is correct - its not like they rush it.

And allowing them to arbitrarily change it in the first 12 months seems stupid - so you are an importer and they give the gun you potentially want to import NR status. You start importing them and sell thousands. Then 11 months later they change the classification to restricted or prohibited?

Donated. We all have to do our part.

Nevermind
    CCFR Member

CGN frequent flyer
    What is the timeline of the lawsuit? I know you ATRS can't disclose too many details on the advise of their lawyers, but has a trail date been set? Can we be notified on the details of lawsuits timeline?