Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20303233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Legal actions, Go Fund Me etc.

On the issue of variants, has anyone else read the CCFR motion for an injunction? In a deposition, Murray Smith couldn't even come up with a consistent definition of variant himself and it seems like how they interpret varies case to case. It makes my blood boil that this ###### got a fat pension, and on top of it is probably getting rich consulting fees now. He should be in prison.

So whats going to happen if an injunction is granted? Can ATRS open back up and start making guns again or..?

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    Cops arent your friends. The brass are corrupt careerists and the front line guys want to avoid paperwork, but if they have to do paper work and charge you they will happily ruin your life with as many charges as possible. Cops arent your friends. Those who choose to become police officers remove themselves from the dignity of functional civil human society by become agents of tyranny. Sorry.
    While I agree one would be foolish to think that a police officer on duty, is ever their friend... That's actually a REALLY good indicator that the officer is very talented at their job.
    I do however need to point out, that this is ABSOLUTELY not the view or opinion of ATRS and we appreciate the support and business we have had with countless law enforcement officers over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by cdndfs View Post
    It's obviously correct that they are not your friends. While I agree the top brass are often corrupt careerists, with Bill Blair being example #1, there are certainly some good men in the leadership ranks, somewhere in this country. I also agree that a cop in the situations we're contemplating, would arrest you, but calling them agents of tyranny and that they chose "remove themselves from the dignity of functional civil human society" is a bit of a stretch.

I've spent considerable time in countries where the police are corrupt through-and-through, and when I come back to Canada, I am very thankful for the fact that the majority of cops do their jobs well, and mostly with integrity. I'm sure there are douchebag cops here and there (not sure if Murray Smith qualifies as a copy but he certainly qualifies as a douchebag). Believe me, you would know it were this not the case. I've had to pay bribes to police (not in Canada obviously). I have family that have been shot by police for no reason at all, with hardly a reprimand. Canada's police aren't perfect but they are REALLY good compared to most of the world.

Secondly, how could anyone fault a cop for failing to resist tyranny, and in doing so risk their jobs, pensions, family's financial security etc when the average gun owner won't even pony up money to fund lawsuits, their orgs, file an s74, etc?

Police should be reminded that gun owners have long been some of their staunchest allies. With the current hostilities directed at police, they could probably use a few.
    This sentence, resounded heavily and I felt needed a quote and to be put in bold.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cdndfs View Post
    On the issue of variants, has anyone else read the CCFR motion for an injunction? In a deposition, Murray Smith couldn't even come up with a consistent definition of variant himself and it seems like how they interpret varies case to case. It makes my blood boil that this ###### got a fat pension, and on top of it is probably getting rich consulting fees now. He should be in prison.
    Or made to pay damages for the economic destruction he is personally responsible for.
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

HotSoup...
    "Cops arent your friends. The brass are corrupt careerists and the front line guys want to avoid paperwork, but if they have to do paper work and charge you they will happily ruin your life with as many charges as possible. Cops arent your friends. Those who choose to become police officers remove themselves from the dignity of functional civil human society by become agents of tyranny. Sorry."

I am speaking of the frontline guys, not of the brass...

So, I'm a career soldier and therefore by your definition, I and a very long lineage of soldiers, have removed themselves from the dignity of functional civil human society by become agents of tyranny. So your saying our sacrifices and losses are all to propagate tyranny... like WW1 & 2 vets, Korean vets, peacekeeping vets and Afgan vets... were all out to make fame and fortune off the little people... line our pockets and rule the population without a thought for anyone but ourselves.

I have had the opportunity to visit some interesting places and not everyone I went with were able to return in the same state they left.

I have had friends that I served with that have gone on to policing, only wishing to continue serving the people of this nation. They only wish to protect those who can't or won't stand up for themselves.

Some of the people I met serving overseas were cops and they did an outstanding job.

Are all cops great... no they are a cross section of society, but most do what they do to try and make things better.

Are all CGN'ers and owners great... no they too are a cross section of society, but I hope they try to make things better.

Intolerance is not actually a great characteristic... it's better not just paint everyone with a big brush as you do not like it as an owner as well.
    Last edited by *crash*; 12-02-2020 at 03:32 PM.
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

CRAP!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by *crash* View Post
    HotSoup...
    "Cops arent your friends. The brass are corrupt careerists and the front line guys want to avoid paperwork, but if they have to do paper work and charge you they will happily ruin your life with as many charges as possible. Cops arent your friends. Those who choose to become police officers remove themselves from the dignity of functional civil human society by become agents of tyranny. Sorry."

I am speaking of the frontline guys, not of the brass...

So, I'm a career soldier and therefore by your definition, I and a very long lineage of soldiers, have removed themselves from the dignity of functional civil human society by become agents of tyranny. So your saying our sacrifices and losses are all to propagate tyranny... like WW1 & 2 vets, Korean vets, peacekeeping vets and Afgan vets... were all out to make fame and fortune off the little people... line our pockets and rule the population without a thought for anyone but ourselves.

I have had the opportunity to visit some interesting places and not everyone I went with were able to return in the same state they left.

I have had friends that I served with that have gone on to policing, only wishing to continue serving the people of this nation. They only wish to protect those who can't or won't stand up for themselves.

Some of the people I met serving overseas were cops and they did an outstanding job.

Are all cops great... no they are a cross section of society, but most do what they do to try and make things better.

Are all CGN'ers and owners great... no they too are a cross section of society, but I hope they try to make things better.

Intolerance is not actually a great characteristic... it's better not just paint everyone with a big brush as you do not like it as an owner as well.
    Well said and thank you for your service.
    CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    What I do understand is that the OIC includes "variants" of the newly named prohibited firearms.

What I don't understand is how firearms that were previously inspected and approved as non variants are now being deemed variants by the same buffoon(s) that said they were not variants.

*mind blown*
    The CFO, RCMP and Government are being pressured by the anti firearms lobbyists. Nothing more.

All three are being pressured from both sides so the government is stuck between a rock and hard place. The only way to be successful is to use equal or greater data based pressure to offset the opinion emotional based lies the antis are resorting to. Having said that the lies are truly believed by the antis and the RCMP are being forced to act on how these things look.
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    What I do understand is that the OIC includes "variants" of the newly named prohibited firearms.

What I don't understand is how firearms that were previously inspected and approved as non variants are now being deemed variants by the same buffoon(s) that said they were not variants.

*mind blown*
    Its called striking while the iron is hot.

In 2015 the conservatives passed regulations that forbade the RCMP from 'reclassifying by FRT', which is when they change their mind on a classification after the initial determination.

From 2010 to 2015 there was a dozen or more such reclassifications, and the CPC was getting pissed off at constantly having to slap the RCMP down. Rather than abolish the Canadian Firearms Program and order the destruction of the FRT, the CPC passed a little regulation that said cut it out.

From 2015 until April 2020. There were no reclassifications by FRT, but there was a long and growing list of new firearms that the RCMP wanted banned. When the OIC happened the RCMP SFSS used that as an opportunity to throw some babies out with the bath water. Everyone who had a hand in it should be fired and made personally liable for the damages to the affected parties. Murray Smith the despicable servile coward deserves to rot and die in prison for the damage he has done to this country.

In his affidavit he actually relies on his three years of service as a reservist in winnipeg as the 70s as the basis for claiming that he knows better about Canadian Armed Forces Shooting Competitions than a retired brigadier General who is the head of the Dominion of Canada Rifle Association. He is probably the worst example of a spineless government bureaucrat that exists.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer infidel29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    If Rick says it was a customer, it was a customer.

But it really doesn’t matter who it was. It’s been done, and arguably this day has been coming for awhile. So now it’s time to circle the wagons and show our support for someone who has truly earned it.
    Agreed. I've had work done by Rick on a couple guns and always been pleased with the result. Donated $100
    Pump actions speak louder than words.

Do you remember how hard the Liberals fought to keep the registry?
    Now you know why. - Dexter Morgan

Made a $100 contribution, but would like to do some more smaller contributions. Is it possible to do more smaller contributions, say bi-weekly, automatically. Kinda like patreon, it just comes out of your account.

I did a quick google and couldn't find anything.