Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1121232425262728293031323334353637383941 ... LastLast

Thread: Legal actions, Go Fund Me etc.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    very well said

as a retired lawyer that did way to much litigation can say this was not an easy,choice, the repercussions from this lawsuit
    will haunt those folks involved for the rest of their collective lives

this was not an easy decision that was reached overnight

Rick, the rest of the crew and the rest of us have been dealing with the corrupt govt, the corrupt import/export agencies for many decades

I remember when a friend was exporting a Dan Wesson overseas and was hoodwinked in the process after meeting with the customs folks on more than one occasion

I had a anschutz exemplar taken by the feds after getting a new stock for competition put on from the USA, permits were obtained both ways and included in the case

they took it and I had to get the local rcmp, the local map involved as they declared it a short barrelled shotgun

Oh and by the way it had the original factory 22 long rifle barrel on it as determined by their forensic lab,

the govt is a joke

I tried to get the customs lady fired for 2 years until the visit from the rcmp tax squad member just out for s]a drive

and that is just the tip of the iceberg on lack of understanding of the laws by the folks in,charge

hope he succeeds and still keeps his sanity and sense of humour

Rick is one of the good guys

posted with the greatest of respect

Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Please be patient, and realize that it's not that we don't WANT to tell you EVERYTHING, but that nobody has ever won a hand of poker with their cards facing up.

The ipolitics.ca article suggests there's some sort of a rift between us and the CCFR action, and that is so far from the case. We left that action out of necessity, but with open offers to assist in anyway possible.

The CCFR case is monumental, it is enormous, and they are challenging the entire legality of the OIC, and the governments ability to infringe upon our rights and freedoms. It's an incredibly important fight and I don't wish to detract anything from the importance of that battle, but it will be years upon years, likely the better half of a decade tied up in court.

We had to react quickly to recent events, that I'm not at liberty to discuss, and look out for ours, and our customers immediate interests.

If greed was the motivation as your post implies, we would never have started in THIS industry to begin with.
    Life is too short.

This is great news. Hope ATRS wins!

What will happen to all those MS receivers (that were on EE, website) sold after May 1st?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So many gun owners sit idly by and risk nothing, do nothing to fight the gun ban other than pine away online. And when a business gets particularly targetted for administrative martyrdom and lawyers up the naysayers come out and turn on ATRS like they are the bad guy and the ban was their idea.

Incredible.

Wosh you all the best ATRS. Get as much out of them as you possibly can.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

I hope the lawsuit goes well, but I feel for people who haven't got their receiver sets yet. I'm guessing their wait is going to get a whole lot longer.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldPrime View Post
    I hope the lawsuit goes well, but I feel for people who haven't got their receiver sets yet. I'm guessing their wait is going to get a whole lot longer.
    If its true that the RCMP/CFO is demanding ATRS to hand over their post-ban invoices, getting your receiver should be the least of your worries.

If the CFO gets those invoices, a lot of people will be in big trouble.

Instead of targetting criminals who own illegal guns, the government is targetting legal gun owners and turning them into criminals.

CGN Regular
    I did not get the impression the CFO wanted just post May1 2020 info. My understanding was that they want ALL records regarding the entire Modern series of rifles seeing as all now have illegally altered FRTs. To me this is simply a fishing expedition by a new CFO trying to ascertain who has what so as to make confiscation easier in the future.
    Keep in mind ATRS made more than Hunters, Varmints and Sporters. They probably were one of the bigger manufacturer, importer, dealers for 50s and such. I know Rick rebuilt and sold quite a few 20mm rifles as well, all of these are now prohibited but the government would have no clue at all who has them or where so a shopping list would make things real handy for them.

I don't know of many guys who would be willing to take jail time for others, Rick however is risking exactly that.

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    If its true that the RCMP/CFO is demanding ATRS to hand over their post-ban invoices, getting your receiver should be the least of your worries.

If the CFO gets those invoices, a lot of people will be in big trouble.

Instead of targetting criminals who own illegal guns, the government is targetting legal gun owners and turning them into criminals.
    Why?

The RCMP updating FRTs has no legal standing...
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

I know Rick won't have a problem with me posting in his section as we might be competitors but fighting this unfair and oppressive action by the Libs, we are all brothers. I have been in contact with Rick during his recent struggles and with my current position with the Alberta Firearms Advisory Committee they were made aware both privately and then publicly during the recent townhall meetings. I can't control how the new Chief Firearms Officer will deal with his personal situation in the future but hope this might bring some common sense to the application of the existing rules. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

Quote Originally Posted by Canadaguy1 View Post
    So, you believe pulling out of a court battle concerning canadian gun rights to personaly sue for millions in damges is about gun rights? I like how you went strait to insults, really helps your intellect shine.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

So modern sporter records have been handed over, or not yet?
    How long do they have to be legally held? Its getting cold in the north and fire is warm.

Sorry if I missed prior info