EkjkCw9.jpg

AqxdMgG.jpg

68eUyrt.jpg

wQAagKb.jpg

7cKAvtg.jpg

Stocking Dealers:
- Tenda

First range trip for 6001 Tac + WARNING

I just bought one from LGS - Last he had. :cool: I was out Monday and ran a box of Challenger Low Recoil slugs thru it and found the rear sight is NOT very adjustable sideways, will try to 'make it better' or replace. Mine didn't have the 'Ghost ring' that was advertised on many sites, just a notched-lever on a spring/screw for height and tiny screw for windage. ALL PLASTIC sights. :p Seemed to be shooting High and Right out of the box.
The action cycled fine with the slugs, which are 1-OZ rated at 1450 fps. I'll take some 'light target' loads next time out to see if that's OK. Breakdown for cleaning very simple, I found quite a bit of plastic and lead melted into the barrel. I've read that there are 'special' solvents for that, have to check that. I have an 'old' aluminum cleaning rod that I have an old 12g brush mounted on for this, run in drill to brush out barrel w/ Nitro. :rolleyes:
BTW - WARNING NOTE - there is a thread where DAEO had his gas piston break in two. The gun continued to function during his range time, I presume, but he found it broken when he did cleaning. - http s://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2149860-HELP!-Charles-Daly-601-Tactical-gas-piston-issue - when I cleaned up, mine was fine after 25 slug rounds. ;)

I just bought one from LGS - Last he had. :cool: I was out Monday and ran a box of Challenger Low Recoil slugs thru it and found the rear sight is NOT very adjustable sideways, will try to 'make it better' or replace. Mine didn't have the 'Ghost ring' that was advertised on many sites, just a notched-lever on a spring/screw for height and tiny screw for windage. ALL PLASTIC sights. :p Seemed to be shooting High and Right out of the box.
The action cycled fine with the slugs, which are 1-OZ rated at 1450 fps. I'll take some 'light target' loads next time out to see if that's OK. Breakdown for cleaning very simple, I found quite a bit of plastic and lead melted into the barrel. I've read that there are 'special' solvents for that, have to check that. I have an 'old' aluminum cleaning rod that I have an old 12g brush mounted on for this, run in drill to brush out barrel w/ Nitro. :rolleyes:
BTW - WARNING NOTE - there is a thread where DAEO had his gas piston break in two. The gun continued to function during his range time, I presume, but he found it broken when he did cleaning. - http s://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2149860-HELP!-Charles-Daly-601-Tactical-gas-piston-issue - when I cleaned up, mine was fine after 25 slug rounds. ;)

I received a replacement piston fairly quick and the shotgun runs great! No complaints other than the initial cracked gas piston. The plastic sights were a little disappointing.

If you own one of these and are putting a scope or red dot on check the front rail set screw. Mine is either cross threaded or tapped on an angle and bound up. It doesn't even touch the receiver allowing the rail to flex up and down. North_Sylva won't Warranty the rails.

1st picture cross threaded set screw, second picture shows the other set screw properly threaded flush.

Last edited:
If you own one of these and are putting a scope or red dot on check the front rail set screw. Mine is either cross threaded or tapped on an angle and bound up. It doesn't even touch the receiver allowing the rail to flex up and down. North_Sylva won't Warranty the rails.

1st picture cross threaded set screw, second picture shows the other set screw properly threaded flush.

is that a plastic rail?

Back
Top Bottom