Thread: Charles Daly 601 Tactical Semi-Auto 12ga 20" Non-Restricted

Smile Charles Daly 601 Tactical Semi-Auto 12ga 20" Non-Restricted

SKU#: 930.229.

Comes with chokes.

Stocking Dealers:
    - Tenda

Nice and priced very competitive. Are these Charles Daly shotguns made in Turkey?

Quote Originally Posted by ambishooter View Post
    Are these Charles Daly shotguns made in Turkey?
    Correct.

Will more of these shotguns be coming in soon? I'm interested in one for turkey hunting!
    "...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe

VOTED SEPT 12 CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Buck1950's Avatar

Thumbs up First range trip for 6001 Tac + WARNING

I just bought one from LGS - Last he had. I was out Monday and ran a box of Challenger Low Recoil slugs thru it and found the rear sight is NOT very adjustable sideways, will try to 'make it better' or replace. Mine didn't have the 'Ghost ring' that was advertised on many sites, just a notched-lever on a spring/screw for height and tiny screw for windage. ALL PLASTIC sights. Seemed to be shooting High and Right out of the box.
    The action cycled fine with the slugs, which are 1-OZ rated at 1450 fps. I'll take some 'light target' loads next time out to see if that's OK. Breakdown for cleaning very simple, I found quite a bit of plastic and lead melted into the barrel. I've read that there are 'special' solvents for that, have to check that. I have an 'old' aluminum cleaning rod that I have an old 12g brush mounted on for this, run in drill to brush out barrel w/ Nitro.
    BTW - WARNING NOTE - there is a thread where DAEO had his gas piston break in two. The gun continued to function during his range time, I presume, but he found it broken when he did cleaning. - http s://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2149860-HELP!-Charles-Daly-601-Tactical-gas-piston-issue - when I cleaned up, mine was fine after 25 slug rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck1950 View Post
    I just bought one from LGS - Last he had. I was out Monday and ran a box of Challenger Low Recoil slugs thru it and found the rear sight is NOT very adjustable sideways, will try to 'make it better' or replace. Mine didn't have the 'Ghost ring' that was advertised on many sites, just a notched-lever on a spring/screw for height and tiny screw for windage. ALL PLASTIC sights. Seemed to be shooting High and Right out of the box.
    The action cycled fine with the slugs, which are 1-OZ rated at 1450 fps. I'll take some 'light target' loads next time out to see if that's OK. Breakdown for cleaning very simple, I found quite a bit of plastic and lead melted into the barrel. I've read that there are 'special' solvents for that, have to check that. I have an 'old' aluminum cleaning rod that I have an old 12g brush mounted on for this, run in drill to brush out barrel w/ Nitro.
    BTW - WARNING NOTE - there is a thread where DAEO had his gas piston break in two. The gun continued to function during his range time, I presume, but he found it broken when he did cleaning. - http s://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2149860-HELP!-Charles-Daly-601-Tactical-gas-piston-issue - when I cleaned up, mine was fine after 25 slug rounds.
    I received a replacement piston fairly quick and the shotgun runs great! No complaints other than the initial cracked gas piston. The plastic sights were a little disappointing.

I just ordered one of these from SFRC. How are they holding up? This is my new turkey/deer shotgun for blind hunting.
    "...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe

VOTED SEPT 12 CPC

If you own one of these and are putting a scope or red dot on check the front rail set screw. Mine is either cross threaded or tapped on an angle and bound up. It doesn't even touch the receiver allowing the rail to flex up and down. North_Sylva won't Warranty the rails.

1st picture cross threaded set screw, second picture shows the other set screw properly threaded flush.
    Last edited by LeePeterson; 05-05-2022 at 09:38 AM.

VOTED SEPT 12 CPC

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeePeterson View Post
    If you own one of these and are putting a scope or red dot on check the front rail set screw. Mine is either cross threaded or tapped on an angle and bound up. It doesn't even touch the receiver allowing the rail to flex up and down. North_Sylva won't Warranty the rails.

1st picture cross threaded set screw, second picture shows the other set screw properly threaded flush.
    is that a plastic rail?
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by hunterhenderson View Post
    is that a plastic rail?
    Mine is aluminum.

VOTED SEPT 12 CPC