Thread: Service Rifle SR CQB with BOLT Guns

CGN Regular
    What about a CQB course with shotguns?

Quote Originally Posted by Astute Observer View Post
    What about a CQB course with shotguns?
    It would be cool but here are some limitations:

-target life span
    -cost of ammo, I guess for scoring slugs would be used
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

Quote Originally Posted by GYRO 101 View Post
    Maybe have different categories? Some people still have some semis they would like to use.
    Listen to this guy. There are enough of these around for everyone who shoots SR in Canada.

Some people are deadset on their old AR with match barrel shooting handload ammo.....but SR is never about all these. Think of the poor French people who had to shoot FAMAS vs the others who had C7 and SA80.

If people are serious about keeping SR alive the way it should be, dumbing it down so people can WIN with their bolt action trg rifles is not the way to go. It should be a matter of people procuring the proper equipment to play the game, not the other way around!
    Last edited by greentips; 06-02-2020 at 04:44 PM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LEXRated's Avatar
    Let's do it. Not shooting and going out and meeting and talking and furthering this fun and safe activity among free people is a crying shame. I could honestly care less about my scoring or cost of ammo or the rule changes... Slingshots, hellya!!! ;-)

Honestly, anything, just any kind of event. let's make up a new three gun course, bolt, lever and shotgun while we're at it! I am dunno. Let's get out there and have fun to keep our families and friends involved and spread the love.

Mossberg MVP in 223 using AR-15 mags sounds good on paper, however the bolt is sloppy and sometimes does not pick up the round when slamming it forward. PITA when shooting a timed course of fire.

Ive have an mvp in mdt chassis, the round pickup problem was mag related for me. I use coupled lar mags and I can mad minute.
    Also have a rem783 308 shorty in an mdt chassis and run aics mags...also have an mvp patrol in the mail so I can use my m14 mags.

Would be fun to run any of them through a cqb course.
    Names Ash.......Housewares
    "This is my boomstick"

Quote Originally Posted by john@ View Post
    Mossberg MVP in 223 using AR-15 mags sounds good on paper, however the bolt is sloppy and sometimes does not pick up the round when slamming it forward. PITA when shooting a timed course of fire.
    I tried the MVP Scout in 308 this weekend. The bolt seemed kind of stiff, and I too noticed that it didn't always pickup a round from the mag. That said, the rifle was, literally, brand new. The owner just got, and really hadn't done much maintenance on it. I'm curious of over time the bolt will smooth itself out.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345