Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Info for challenge needed

.223 Remington rifles is what's said.

Funny that they say the caliber but not rifle used. Further that alone could be used as ammunition to keep a couples MSR's off the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Uther419 View Post
    .223 Remington rifles is what's said.

Funny that they say the caliber but not rifle used. Further that alone could be used as ammunition to keep a couples MSR's off the list.
    I stand corrected. Regardless, photos that are shown are bolts. But yes agreed

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenOmelette View Post
    Why not make an ATIP request for information straight from the source?

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
    Probably too slow for the law suit.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Dear Shooters,

I am looking for info on:

1) The Deer cull by the hired NZ'ers... It sounds like they used AR15s... but I need to track down concrete info.

2) More info on the OIC reversal in 1978/79 in regards to the AR15 being moved from the Prohibited cat to "Restricted"...

Thanks,

JR
    JR.

Not sure what argument you need to substantiate.

Not sure about alberta hunting regs, but in onatrio regs the species specific firearms rules are set out by caliber and firesrm type, ie rifle shotgun, etc. Never by action or classification.

As long as a person can get an ATT for a restricted firearm, the provincial hunting rules would permit the use of any rifle that meets the caliber requirements.

If AR15 or any such firearm was inappropriate for use youd think the province would say so.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Can any photos be found of them in the helos? Semi auto being a better choice for airborne work by the looks of the hog hunting nowadays. Maybe they had minis? If they used bolt guns they were amazing shots!

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    JR.

Not sure what argument you need to substantiate.

Not sure about alberta hunting regs, but in onatrio regs the species specific firearms rules are set out by caliber and firesrm type, ie rifle shotgun, etc. Never by action or classification.

As long as a person can get an ATT for a restricted firearm, the provincial hunting rules would permit the use of any rifle that meets the caliber requirements.

If AR15 or any such firearm was inappropriate for use youd think the province would say so.
    Cam, just not leaving anything to chance. I have been asked by my legal beagles to poke at the peripherals.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax148 View Post
    Can any photos be found of them in the helos? Semi auto being a better choice for airborne work by the looks of the hog hunting nowadays. Maybe they had minis? If they used bolt guns they were amazing shots!
    https://www.texasspecialtyhunts.com/uploads/6/9/1/1/69118765/unnamed_orig.jpg

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/41/15/40/8706069/3/480x480.jpg
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Cam, just not leaving anything to chance. I have been asked by my legal beagles to poke at the peripherals.

JR
    Of course. Pursue every angle.

Personally I dont think proving that firearms are currently being used for sich purpose really matters at law. The restriction in 115.15 of the code is not to refrain from banning firearms that are being used, but to ban firearms that are reasonable for use, whether they are actually being used or not.

The fact that not one province in Canada has expressly banned the AR 15 for hunting purposes is a tacit admission that each province has independantly determined that there is no reason to do so, and therefore such firearms are not unreasonable for use.

BC has banned short barreled firearms for hunting, presimably because they are unreasonable for use.

Ontario specifically requires rifles or shotguns for certain species. Where not expressly stated the implication is that ANY firearm would be reasonable for use.

Does the minister of punlic safety think that every single provincial minister responsible for hunting has been wrong for 40+ years?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Tagged
    |CCFR|

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Does not look like ars I’m this pic.

**Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**
    They're using suppressors, man I wish we had that "privilege"
    no step.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast