Thread: Chiappa 1873 SAA

CGN Regular

Chiappa 1873 SAA

FINALLY got some range time! It arrived April 14 (Not bad, huh? Won the March draw, transfer completed in under two days, pistol arrived in Calgary), and the ranges have all been closed until last week.
    My home range finally opened to Covid imposed restrictions (members only, pre-sked shooting times of one hour, half the positions closed for social distancing) Frustrating to wait almost 7 weeks to get a round through a new gun. It DID give me enough time to track down, order and receive a set of wood grips to replace the factory black plastic ones.
    I managed to run about 150 rounds through it. What a nice, soft shooting & surprisingly accurate pistol! .38 spl. Is never going to make anyone complain about recoil, but I expected a little more than I got...it shoots very soft, even with some warmer home loads. I’m looking forward to getting a lot of rounds downrange this summer with it; it’s a completely new sort of shooting for me; in 50 years of shooting, I haven’t fired a Single action “cowboy” style revolver since I was about 12 years old, and that was a .22LR. I’m eager to see how accurate this gun will really shoot.
    Thanks again, guys! This is going to be a fun summer

Congratulations!
    Pictures would be nice
    cssa,ccfr,ofah

Business Member
    Great review! Hope you enjoy it! Tks!