Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Increased Discounts for Law Enforcement and First Responders

Quote Originally Posted by mopar guy View Post
    Defund the police, cop boy here buys his own gear!

And hell, your the one who can't turn off your inner cop. Our tax dollars better not be funding you while you spew this garbage.

I bet you're as big a d!ck in real life as you are on the internet.
    I thought you said you were out 10 posts ago? Bye

Quote Originally Posted by JBD View Post
    I am not attacking AIT tactical solutions. Me made a marketing decision pricing is a marketing decision. It sends a message to the market. The message that he wanted to send was how much he cares about police and first responders that he is doubling their discount. Great guy wonderful except there are other messages coming from his marketing decision that are being received by his clientele that he probably does not want to be interpreted that way. Loads of them and some are particularly nasty things that people can easily infer from his marketing decision.

For example he could have simply stated that he was doubling discounts to first responders during this uncertain times. That might be fairly well received. My wife is a nurse and we have an outbreak of Covid-19 in the city and particularly affected is the hospital staff. Mcdonalds is giving a free coffee to the hospital workers as a token of their appreciation. That marketing decision is well received by the hospital workers and the community as a nice show of support in these trying times.

However this retailer decided to match the discount with an advertisement on body armour. One of the unintended messages probably I don't think he is that bad of a guy to think this but it can still be interpreted this way. I am offering a discount to the police for body armour so they can have easier access to protect themselves, but the rest of you well I do not care as much about your safety so you must pay full price.

Do I think he thinks this no not really. I think he just did not realize how this decision could go sideways so bad because he could not anticipate the likely reaction to his marketing.

A lot of folks expressed their insult and frustration, but could not express themselves why. I tried to inform him that this is the message that he is sending rather than take it as constructive critism. He doubles down. He keeps responding I am making a donation to CCFR legal fund so your concerns insult and frustration are irrelevant. Nobody is complaining about his support to CCFR. They are all complaining about this marketing decision. He might be able to make great pancakes to and may do hundreds of wonderful things in his community. We are only complaining about how your marketing decision is being interpreted.

A better strategy would be to say opps I tried my best to help people that needed help I did not mean to insult you guys, that certainly was not my intention. I value the lives of all my customers not just the police. Alternative you can lock the thread, maybe delete it or continue to defend your marketing decision that has offended many of your customers. I would have bought those plates it is a good price and I like that they are made in Canada. But I can not buy from a retailer that apparently does not value my life as much as others.
    For someone that doesnt value this company you sure spent a lot of time on this dealer forum typing out these responses.

Thank you AIT for the wonderful discount and insuring i am a little safer. My wife and children also thank you!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer easysauce's Avatar
    I cannot fathom why people have a problem with this... seriously get your head together, police are not our enemy, I have yet to meet a single cop who supports the gun ban, every single one I know is against it.
    They do not make the law... that bad laws are being passed does not mean they stop having to put their lives on the line. It is RIDICULOUS to think that a dealer offering a LEO discount means they value your life any less. Stop eating your own FFS, maybe focus that energy on winning elections, petitioning the city, provincial, and federal government, or something productive.

Thank you AIT for providing everyone with a great product, and cutting front line officers a break on the price.
    No drop of water blames itself for the flood

CGN Ultra frequent flyer easysauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnhunter117 View Post
    Funny, the people complaining still haven't donated as much to CCFR as this company has.
    Bingo, these are probably the people who go "Why should I donate to orgs, they dont do anything!"

Now is not the time to be petty and eat our own, some people still do not understand this for some reason.
    No drop of water blames itself for the flood

Quote Originally Posted by Potato boy View Post
    So your giving further discounts to LEO who at this time is on board with prohibiting the product you sell, but zero for people that have supported your business for years? I guess that makes sense as pretty soon LEO will be your only customer
    If a leo is using this discount then I am pretty sure they are not on board to prohibit the products they are selling
    Collector of WW2 German firearms

Bingo!

CGN frequent flyer
    A significant portion of our firearms community are law enforcement. My local range would not exist without wildlife and law enforcement contracts. Most of our suppliers and distributors would not be in business. Regardless of how you personally feel about law enforcement, we need them. Any officer concerned about what type of body armour they are wearing is probably most likely a gun person and most likely against any government bans. We need as many on our side as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by easysauce View Post
    I cannot fathom why people have a problem with this... seriously get your head together, police are not our enemy, I have yet to meet a single cop who supports the gun ban, every single one I know is against it.
    They do not make the law... that bad laws are being passed does not mean they stop having to put their lives on the line. It is RIDICULOUS to think that a dealer offering a LEO discount means they value your life any less. Stop eating your own FFS, maybe focus that energy on winning elections, petitioning the city, provincial, and federal government, or something productive.

Thank you AIT for providing everyone with a great product, and cutting front line officers a break on the price.
    This guy gets it.....

I too have spoken with many LEO's and they too shake their heads at the OIC and state the same "it won't do anything, just piss off a lot of people"

Let's not put a blanket over "first responders" over something the political paper pushers decided. The boots on the ground unfortunately have to hang on for the ride.
    Everytime a vendor posts a sale, my bank account cringes

Quote Originally Posted by mdbuckle View Post
    A significant portion of our firearms community are law enforcement. My local range would not exist without wildlife and law enforcement contracts. Most of our suppliers and distributors would not be in business. Regardless of how you personally feel about law enforcement, we need them. Any officer concerned about what type of body armour they are wearing is probably most likely a gun person and most likely against any government bans. We need as many on our side as possible.

Exactly!

So you won't show up for the kick the door down and grab peoples property party then?.