Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger American Ranch in Canada 489.79USD 5.56 and 762X39

I can vouch for shipping fees. I did a private sale recently and canadapost wanted proof of age verifcation ($3) + add insurance (600) for a smaller handgun package and shipping was $35 from AB to ON.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom shooter View Post
    I agree, however I bought one of these and the total cost by the time it got to my doorstep was $796, so that’s still pretty good.
    I agree the price for the rifle is good, but the shipping is higher than I would have estimated.
    But the way the buying process works, you pay the good price for the rifle without being able to generate a shipping quote on the website, and then get surprised with a high shipping cost after. I wish there was a way to confirm an accurate shipping cost before committing to payment, then being forced to go through with it because of the 25% restocking fee.
    The more transparency the better in my view.
    I think that is what gives people a bad taste of IRG, if they don't know about this practice beforehand. They commit money to well priced items without knowing what a grand total will be, then once they see shipping costs higher than expected, or insurance fees added without knowing it is apparently mandatory now, they can't stop the order because of the restocking fee.

We encourage you to go on Canada Posts shipping calculator and work out your shipping costs.

Certain parts of the system had to been changed. The checkout process for one...

Customers put the wrong address in for shipping, whether they are in a hurry or need glasses has yet to be determined but it is a serious problem, one, it could be fraud and in the case of a firearm it may go to someone who just may blow it out perspective because their child received a package that was intended for someone else.

Point and case it has already happened to another dealer and the media got a hold of it.

So we delay the shipping and taxes which allows us to manually confirm the shipping address.

Furthermore, People have also complained that our shipping is expensive, there are 10 tiers though Canada Post and we receive the same shipping rates as Walmart through Canada Posts API, so on certain packages the weight and shipping dimensions are manually checked to ensure their are no discrepancies.

I hope this helps.

The IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by demopeng View Post
    I agree the price for the rifle is good, but the shipping is higher than I would have estimated.
    But the way the buying process works, you pay the good price for the rifle without being able to generate a shipping quote on the website, and then get surprised with a high shipping cost after. I wish there was a way to confirm an accurate shipping cost before committing to payment, then being forced to go through with it because of the 25% restocking fee.
    I think that is what gives people a bad taste of IRG, if they don't know about this practice beforehand. They commit money to well priced items without knowing what a grand total will be, then once they see shipping costs higher than expected, or insurance fees added without knowing it is apparently mandatory now, they can't stop the order because of the restocking fee.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    I see you are located in Ontario. Take a good look at your bill for shipping and taxes. I mean a real good look. I did. Shipping and taxes on my $680 CDN rifle from IRG totalled exactly $86.93. If you or I bought that same rifle for $680 here in Ontario, the taxes alone would be $88.40. So while you ##### about the shipping cost, you fail to note the fact that you saved 10% in tax. At the end of the day it’s like I got free shipping plus saved a toonie!

Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but you missed the point of my post. It was about having a clear understanding of the total before handing over payment information, maybe I'm just old school like that.

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    We encourage you to go on Canada Posts shipping calculator and work out your shipping costs.

Certain parts of the system had to been changed. The checkout process for one...

Customers put the wrong address in for shipping, whether they are in a hurry or need glasses has yet to be determined but it is a serious problem, one, it could be fraud and in the case of a firearm it may go to someone who just may blow it out perspective because their child received a package that was intended for someone else.

Point and case it has already happened to another dealer and the media got a hold of it.

So we delay the shipping and taxes which allows us to manually confirm the shipping address.

Furthermore, People have also complained that our shipping is expensive, there are 10 tiers though Canada Post and we receive the same shipping rates as Walmart through Canada Posts API, so on certain packages the weight and shipping dimensions are manually checked to ensure their are no discrepancies.

I hope this helps.

The IRUNGUNS Team
    Thanks for the response and insight.
    For future items of interest, are customers able to get an exact shipping cost in writing prior to submitting payment information so that a transparent grand total is understood before the first charge is made?

I understand what you're saying, but you missed the point of my post. It was about having a clear understanding of the total before handing over payment information, maybe I'm just old school like that.

Thanks for the response and insight.
    For future items of interest, are customers able to get an exact shipping cost in writing prior to submitting payment information so that a transparent grand total is understood before the first charge is made?
    If you try to add the other guns, check others I tried. You are able to get the shipping cost during checkout without "manually confirm the shipping address."

That's why I don't get it why these Ruger guns are so special.

e.g.
    Tikka T3X Hunter 260 Rem 22.4 Barrel Walnut Stock Blued
    https://irunguns.ca/product_detail.p...ut-stock-blued

Savage 10 P-SR .308 18 Barrel Heavy Threaded
    https://irunguns.ca/product_detail.p...heavy-threaded

RUGER 10/22
    https://irunguns.ca/product_detail.php?p=ruger-10-22

Restricted
    FNH USA PS90 Semi-Automatic 5.7mmX28mm 16.04
    https://irunguns.ca/product_detail.p...7mmx28mm-16-04
    Last edited by alafly; 06-03-2020 at 11:47 PM.

Back in the fall I paid ~ $70 to IRG to ship one bolt rifle from AB to ON.

Good company, good concept, but awful shipping prices compared to other places.

I ordered the Ruger American in 5.56...very impressed with the ordering process. Now I am super excited anticipating the arrival of my new rifle!!
    Monsters exist, but they are too few in number to be truly dangerous. More dangerous are the common men, the functionaries ready to believe and to act without asking questions. Primo Levi - Auschwitz Survivor

What scope are you guys planning to put on yours?

Quote Originally Posted by cgbuff View Post
    What scope are you guys planning to put on yours?
    I have a Vortex 4x12 Crossfire II that's been collecting dust since Wholesale Sports went under. Gonna start with that and see how it works out.