Thread: New Firearms application question

New Firearms application question

I have sent my application in January. I called the RCMP firearms program and they said that my application is sent to the Ontario CFO.
    I called CFO today and they told me that I need to wait for a couple of months.
    Is that real that I have to wait that long?

Well right now because of Covid19 things are even slower than usual. Even before Covid 19 people have waited easily 6,8,9,10 months +.
    But I would have asked if there was a reason why it was taking so long "Did I fill out something wrong".
    Is there anything in your application that may cause them a second look? Such as domestic violence etc
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta) Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

This is unfortunate news... Does it highly depend on your history and declarations made on the application? I submitted mine on Monday, PAL and RPAL. I live in BC and have nothing that should warrant "further investigation" to my knowledge. Instructor said ~45 days, maybe not anymore?

One of my friends who works for a government and has Top Secret Clearance waited 4 months. Another same clearance and works for RCMP is pass 4 months going on 5, there is no rhyme or reason.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta) Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrankWang View Post
    I have sent my application in January. I called the RCMP firearms program and they said that my application is sent to the Ontario CFO.
    I called CFO today and they told me that I need to wait for a couple of months.
    Is that real that I have to wait that long?
    a couple of months is nothing. I wish mine only took a few months. I am sitting at month 15 right now

mine 5 month , it final approved . 23 dec 2019 Quebec . I called the cfo too many times , someone help me . If I dont call ,maybe 1 year.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    I was on the 1-800 we know guns phone line yesterday asking about a restricted transfer from 02 Apr. Sorry the nice lady says, your province has been backed up for April and May. Considering that today I recieved the authorization to transfer, I'm wondering if the good people in Orillia aren't flicking through the forms at laser speed?
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?