Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 21214151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Alberta Firearms Enforcement Announcement

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CLW .45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by captainamazing View Post
    I rather have a constitutional republic where things like....hmm....property rights and self defense rights were inalienable and couldn't be regulated away by the stroke of a tyrants pen every 4 years. A democracy can often be 2 wolves and a 1 lamb voting on what to eat for dinner. I prefer to have a well armed lamb with the ability to protest the vote.
    You mean like the States?

The States that have some 20,000 laws that don’t just infringe on the right to keep and bear arms, but actually violate the hell out of it.

The States that had to pass “stand your ground” and “castle doctrine” laws in an attempt to keep prosecutors from persecuting the innocent who had properly defended life.

The States where; just as in Canada, Britain, and Australia; those rights violations were a direct result of allowing the rights of “others” to be violated in the puerile belief that their own would never be violated!
    - Gun Control is about making it unlawful for you to use, carry, or possess a firearm.
    - All restrictions/prohibitions must be repealed.
    - Middle ground? What middle ground?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtrucks View Post
    You can form all the committees you want but firearms are federal law so good luck. I doubt kenney will ever suggest anything thats against his federal masters
    It's not just committees.
    Alberta is going to have its own appointed parole board.
    Not some squeeky bleeding heart liberal from elsewhere to free convicted gun smugglers at the drop of a hat.
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

Quote Originally Posted by JesperA View Post
    I live in Calgary and watched it hoping for some good news; there wasn't. Just fluff and poli-speak. Formed yet another committee chaired by yet another rookie back bencher to study federal matters that AB has no jurisdiction over. Some stuff about a provincial CFO, and intervener status. Xnay on letting cities ban handguns, but that's easy- cities are a prov matter

This is JK's way of making sure that in 2 years, when we are all turning in our firearms, he can stand there and say 'Oh I fought for you, and I'm sorry we lost. So, vote for me AGAIN'

I'd love to be / hope to be proved wrong- but I saw nothing that made me feel better about things.

Sincere apologies if you find this harsh- or defeatist; disappointed here- was hoping for more out of JK's mouth
    Well, sounds like there is nothing can be done, we should hand over our firearms and be done with it... In the end, as you said, this is a federal matter...

This shows a position, proves the gap between east and west exists. Pushes the hands of libtards that west is not the old west and uprising...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sargon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyn View Post
    I heart Alberta and my fellow Albertans.
    Because they are Albertans. Got skin in the game. There's too many who see Alberta as a means to suck it dry for all its economic worth and could give two schitts if it fails, they'd just push on to another geographical location.
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/GTPRpbyuYLA

Quote Originally Posted by Big-boss-man View Post
    everyone out west knows this needs to stop, however some are more equal than others

It looks like a big FU sign :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CyprusTM View Post
    It looks like a big FU sign :D
    you don't think that is exactly how Quebec waves to albertans? you must not remember turd the first

CGN Ultra frequent flyer slarsen47's Avatar
    Of all the Canadian Prime Ministers there are only two that I can say I absolutely HATE..........they are both Trudeau's.

There is only one word to describe them both........EVIL
    I stand for freedom, law and order, justice, low taxes, prosperity, healthy lifestyle and property rights.

But I am "old school" and can see the "writing on the wall".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-boss-man View Post
    you don't think that is exactly how Quebec waves to albertans? you must not remember turd the first

When the prick came through Sudbury Ontario by train they threw iron ore rocks at him.A strike was on at INCO.When asked by the media why ?The response was we can't afford eggs!He didn't get off the train and left town tail between his legs.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I will say it again, use the not with standing clause .

Quote Originally Posted by saskbooknut View Post
    How happy are the people who have their Provincial Police force ? The OPP or Surete du Quebec ?
    Western Provincial police forces were disbanded because of corruption and lack of modern resources to do the job.
    How confident are you that history is not repeating itself?
    I would take the Hell's Angel over RCMP without hesitation !!!
    I live in a country where we cast votes with a pencil !!!!!