PMC 5.56mm NATO 62gr FMJ Green Tips X-Tac M855

I’ve always end up just getting the fmj cause the green tips are frowned upon everywhere I go, even outdoors due to fires, etc. Are you guys just shooting it on your own property?

I’ve always end up just getting the fmj cause the green tips are frowned upon everywhere I go, even outdoors due to fires, etc. Are you guys just shooting it on your own property?

I run (ran :( ) them as my barrel/twist rate preferred them. Weren't banned at the ranges in B.C I shoot (other than at steel targets) but needed a mag or two of lead FMJ to shoot at steel targets for the stage or two that had them in competitions.

Only two mentions online of chrono speeds for this stuff on 20" barrel. One source says 2990, another says 3070fps. Pmc website says 3100fps on 20". Anyone have more chrono info on the these?

Even 2990/3070/3100 could be from the exact same gun. It's mass production ammo, 100fps variance isn't crazy from the same case.

is the brass primer pocket crimped?

Not sure if your question has already been answered or not but I can say that all PMC "X-TAC" brass I've encountered is crimped. The primers also have a coloured sealant, I believe it was red for the 55gr FMJ and purple for the 62gr FMJ. This could be outdated though as this ammo was purchased earlier in 2020 before the shortages, they may have changed their process since then.

Restocked...

9DruDTg.jpg

NdMIVKm.jpg

QblSiqi.jpg

Now THATS real p0rn!

Back
Top Bottom