Page 104 of 109 FirstFirst ... 849496979899100101102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1085

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

BANNED
    Most of the .452 bullets are made for handguns, while the majority of .458 are rifle bullets, that is one reason why I chose the .458 Socom, because you can use any bullet that the 45/70 uses

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    You would think that the Grendel would feed the same as from an AR15 as the buffer/spring is doing the same work in a Renegade as an AR?

I’m just speculating as I have not built a MRA yet.
    Yeah, they feed the same if you just pull the handle and release. Def easier to chamber than with the LPC doing it that way, but it would be damn loud in a hunting situation. I'd think many people would 'caress' it home rather than pull and release while hunting. And that buffer doesn't help with sticky extraction.

A 12.5-14" 458 SOCOM barrel would be interesting, and not too muzzle heavy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Most of the .452 bullets are made for handguns, while the majority of .458 are rifle bullets,
    that is one reason why I chose the .458 Socom, because you can use any bullet that the 45/70 uses
    Good point.

Slug selection is definitely one factor to consider.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholysavage View Post
    Yeah, they feed the same if you just pull the handle and release. Def easier to chamber than with the LPC doing it that way, but it would be damn loud in a hunting situation. I'd think many people would 'caress' it home rather than pull and release while hunting. And that buffer doesn't help with sticky extraction.
    I think larger bolt handle would be a good solution for extraction. Like those Lantac rifles.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Where do we get those solid stainless gas tube plugs for FSB's to block the gas off? I was going to just make one out of a carbine gas tube and install it upside down, plug the tube with a tight fitting drill bit shank and crimp it to help keep it from collapsing, but heard about these solid pins which sounds much better and safer lol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    Where do we get those solid stainless gas tube plugs for FSB's to block the gas off? I was going to just make one out of a carbine gas tube and install it upside down, plug the tube with a tight fitting drill bit shank and crimp it to help keep it from collapsing, but heard about these solid pins which sounds much better and safer lol.
    Tactical Ordnance
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    I think larger bolt handle would be a good solution for extraction. Like those Lantac rifles.
    yup.
    the extra 1/2" that the Renegade has over its competition makes a big difference

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholysavage View Post
    yup.
    the extra 1/2" that the Renegade has over its competition makes a big difference
    Looking forward to trying one out. My receiver set is just sitting there all lonely in the shop
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer propliner's Avatar
    With the Renegade, can you remove the weights out of the buffer to lighten the rifle up a bit?

CGN frequent flyer thegrandpoohbah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by propliner View Post
    With the Renegade, can you remove the weights out of the buffer to lighten the rifle up a bit?
    Can't see why not. It is a manual action and the weight should have nothing to do with the spring assisted bolt return.