Page 106 of 109 FirstFirst ... 86969899100101102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1085

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    I think we spoke last week. Looks like Canada Post took 1 month to ship from Barrie to Edmonton. I think we shipped your order on January 11th because we were busy moving and unpacking from Dec 28 to Jan 7 and could not ship any sooner. I apologize for the delay, the local Canada Post sorting depot in Barrie and the main depot in Mississauga both had COVID outbreaks so they are really backed up.
    300 employees in miss infected at that time.
    Life is not that complicated. You get up, you go to work, eat three meals, you take one good shlt and you go back to bed. What’s the fvcking mystery?! - George Carlin

If you are looking for handle ideas, a T handle would be neat, I've been shooting a K31 for years which is pretty ergonomic.

BANNED
    Wife and I shot mine for the first time today. Very fun despite not being semi auto. It was very accurate as well. I was getting 2.5-3" with some random handloads at 100m using a spitfire 1x.

Got mine together easy enough, will get some pics up shortly.
    It was bindy as hell when I first got it together, even with grease, would jam up about half way through the cycling, carrier was rubbing on one spot inside the receiver but it was the bolt handle raceway that was the major culprit. Anyway some dry cycling sorted that out, bolt handle raceway is pretty much down to bare metal. It's smooth and tight now, no wobble anywhere. I'll have to tear it down again and clean all the worn off anodizing out before I go shooting. Little uncomfortable with that spring in the bolt, not sure I like the idea of something pushing the bolt open from lock, there is a little spring back when letting the charging handle fly home, not enough to unlock it, but I'd be more comfortable if it stayed closed tight. I don't want to have to double check every shot pushing the bolt forward that 1/8 inch every time. Maybe when the spring compresses a bit it won't be an issue.
    Everything fit nice and tight in the lower, only thing a bit oversized was the barrel journal on the upper, the pin guide was a bit large, and every barrel I tried slid right in with no resistance as all. Most of my AR's required some force and a few even a little gentle tapping to seat the barrel in the upper. Not sure if this will affect accuracy until I get it out shooting. Barrel I have on it now is a 16" 1/8 Gov profile melonite PSA 5.56 but it's brand new, never got a chance to shoot it prior to the ban. I'll know more once I get my go to 20" barrel on it, I put a lot of rounds through it and I know how it shoots.
    Overall it's a nice looking setup, but this was the least excited I've ever been about a new gun. Essentially it's just a required purchase in order to use my $1000's of parts sitting idle collecting dust which is the sad state of our gun laws in this country.

Hitzy

Did you remove the gas ring from the bolt?

MRA requires the for proper function, and may be part of the resistance your feeling.

Any how just a thought

regards

AbH

Quote Originally Posted by AbHobbyist View Post
    Hitzy

Did you remove the gas ring from the bolt?

MRA requires the for proper function, and may be part of the resistance your feeling.

Any how just a thought

regards

AbH
    Yeah, removed them, there is no resistance when closing the bolt, other then what that alignment spring provides. I guess it's required so the bolt doesn't collapse when stripping a round off the mag, without the spring the bolt will slide open/closed with gravity, there is no resistance at all. I guess the spring is supposed to mimic the gas ring resistance in the bolt camming, but it also pushes the bolt open when in the lock up position. When I let the bolt fly home under spring pressure it bounces back about 1/8 from lock up, probably no big deal and will resolve itself once the spring gets some set. A Wolff XP recoil spring would probably solve the issue providing more spring tension on the closed bolt.

Whoooo! I'm stoked to build myself a 300 blackout upper to go with my 6.5 grendel build (special thanks to AbHobbyist).
    Slava Ukraini!

This looks like a handy kit for those who want to be able to swap barrels around on these easily and quickly.

BANNED
    How does that work? I'd be interested in it just for the purpose of making the rifle more compact for transport.

That's pretty neat. Will something like the QRB have an affect on the accuracy of the rifle? One has to assume it will open up your groups slightly.