Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 8898100101102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1085

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

I had similar issues. Silly question but I did it so I have to ask, did you remove the gas rings from your bolt?

I had left them on and had a hell of a time pulling bolt back. Then I read the instructions again and sure enough states to remove the gas rings. Now it’s butter smooth

Quote Originally Posted by JPW77 View Post
    Hey folks.. this is for people that already own an MRA renegade. I got this strange issue that I'm running into. I've already detailed this in an email to the guys up in Barrie, but it is a long weekend and I'm wondering if it might be something simple so I can fix it and go shooting this weekend while waiting to hear back from them.

I'm having a heck of a hard time pulling the bolt back after firing. It gets kinda stuck and I have to use quite a bit of force. Once it gets past the first few mm, the rest of the way is smooth. It's smooth when the chamber is empty. Seemed to get worse as I shot more and after I got in about 60 rounds in, it was hard after almost every shot and it got to the point where there were a few times I had to use two hands to open the bolt to eject the round as I got to 90-100 rounds.

It's brand new. I cleaned the barrel and chamber before taking it out for the first time, Any ideas? Not using reloads or + ammo.. Run of the mill Federal 223 XM.. Just nursing both my shoulder and I lost a bit of skin on my hand working the bolt. Is this a cleaning issue or something else? I would assume the gun is very clean because it is essentially a bolt action for the most part.

Any tips would be great, otherwise I guess I'll have to wait for next week to find out what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Helka View Post
    I had similar issues. Silly question but I did it so I have to ask, did you remove the gas rings from your bolt?

I had left them on and had a hell of a time pulling bolt back. Then I read the instructions again and sure enough states to remove the gas rings. Now it’s butter smooth
    I didn’t build my own rifle. It was prebuilt by MRA and comes fully built with its own MRA bolt assembly. I don’t have any issues pulling the bolt back with snap caps and it chambers fine and ejects fine. Even after the difficulties I experienced at the range, when I took it home and tested it again with snap caps, the action is smooth and chambers/eject with no stiction or difficulties.

Somebody told me this might be an over pressure or head space issue, but I don’t have go/nogo gauges and I didn’t expect I would need to retest this type of clearance give this is an off the shelf factory built rifle.

Other than that, the rifle has been great. The only thing that caught me unaware was the size of the fireball which shows up in the lower half of the optic I’m using and the deep bass hit and concussion from the short 12.5” barrel. The included muzzle brake really clears my sinuses and is very loud even with double earpro.

CGN Regular
    I bought the same gun and after two rounds the muzzle brake went in the garbage,crazy loud and Ordered something else.the gun functioned very good at the start but now I have to push the charging handle forward every shot or it won’t chamber the round fully and the round won’t go off

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    I bought the same gun and after two rounds the muzzle brake went in the garbage,crazy loud and Ordered something else.the gun functioned very good at the start but now I have to push the charging handle forward every shot or it won’t chamber the round fully and the round won’t go off
    Did you contact MRA? I guess the best things about buying Canadian is that support and warranty is 100x easier than a US or international manufacturer. But I agree, the muzzle brake is crazy loud. That being said, the rifle has very little recoil and it's a bolt action so I'm not firing very fast either.

I'm looking at TriggerTech triggers now I'm guessing the Maverick uses AR10 triggers, not AR15 ?
    Member of the CCFR - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Brought my gun up to the guys at MRA and had it looked at. They swapped out the extraction assist spring behind the bolt with a heavier spring. Looks like it was a weaker spring causing primary extraction issues. Got some trigger work done as well while I was there. Great service and fast turnaround. Now I have to wait for the ranges to re-open unless somebody has a wide open property up north I can shoot at while socially-distanced....

Quote Originally Posted by AbHobbyist View Post
    To the MRA Team

Good afternoon..........

Have you made any progress on better aftermarket bolt handles for the Renegade?

Inquiring minds want to know

regards

AbH
    Hi MRA, I am very interested in this as well. I just took delivery of a 12.5” mkII, haven’t shot it yet but it is an awesome little rifle and I love everything about it, except maybe the bolt handle. I would really like one that folds down for carry and then folds out and locks in place for shooting (almost like some throw down scope levers), this way it could be a little longer without being obtrusive. One other suggestion would be to please include one of the nylon tipped set screws with each rifle (or kit), mine has a little “battle rattle” between the upper and bottom metal so I will order one but it is a pain (shipping is more than the screw is worth) that would easily be resolved by including one from the get go. Otherwise, thanks for building a great product.

Cheers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    This looks like a handy kit for those who want to be able to swap barrels around on these easily and quickly.
    did you try that one or have one?

CGN frequent flyer
    Does MRA make these in 7.62x39? Any news on these or did they go the way of the dodo bird?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbaitron View Post
    Does MRA make these in 7.62x39? Any news on these or did they go the way of the dodo bird?
    We will introduce this caliberand 300BLK for the Renegade sometime early 2023. Once we have more information, we will post here and on our social media.