MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

The Instagram video convinced me to pre-order! Machining looks absolutely exquisite. Can't wait to use this as my hunting rig!

I was all excited to order one but looked at the photos and noticed the receiver face is more squared off than a std AR upper near the barrel extension. I have a ALG Defense forend which has the anti rotation tabs that straddle the upper. Just heard back my forend will not work; I would assume many forends that are designed like this will not :(. Hoped to salvage much of my AR by using this kit, but that is an extra expense for a new forend that I was not planning on, and I like this forend.

I was all excited to order one but looked at the photos and noticed the receiver face is more squared off than a std AR upper near the barrel extension. I have a ALG Defense forend which has the anti rotation tabs that straddle the upper. Just heard back my forend will not work; I would assume many forends that are designed like this will not :(. Hoped to salvage much of my AR by using this kit, but that is an extra expense for a new forend that I was not planning on, and I like this forend.

Could you not hand fit the tabs/file them to fit the receiver? Alternatively, are they necessary? I've never seen a hand guard rotate when the barrel nut has been properly torqued.

Maybe this has already been covered but any chance of a bolt hold open/ catch on the 308 version? Being spring loaded it'd be nice to be able to keep the action open and clear where need be...at the range or a competition.
But I really like the spring assist using existing parts, much more satisfying to just pull back and let er go.

Well, I decided it is better to try the forend without the tabs than to leave it sitting languishing. At least I will finally be able to use most of the AR for coyote hunting. If the appeals work and we can keep tje ARs then it just give some a reason to rebuild it with new parts :).

Well, I decided it is better to try the forend without the tabs than to leave it sitting languishing. At least I will finally be able to use most of the AR for coyote hunting. If the appeals work and we can keep tje ARs then it just give some a reason to rebuild it with new parts .

Yeah. I'm thinking that these types of receivers will be handy, regardless of whether or not the OIC is overturned.

Especially if I build a rifle in an expensive caliber like .450-Bushmaster.
With a gun in that caliber; I would be taking very slow individual shots anyways.

Yeah. I'm thinking that these types of receivers will be handy, regardless of whether or not the OIC is overturned.

With a gun in that caliber; I would be taking very slow individual shots anyways.

That’s my thinking as well. I have a 6.5 grendel setup that I think will go perfectly in one of these.

That’s exactly what I was thinking when I decided to build one of these in .450 Bushmaster. Should make for a great lightweight hunting rifle.

That’s exactly what I was thinking when I decided to build one of these in .450 Bushmaster. Should make for a great lightweight hunting rifle.

Plus you don't need some ridiculous 19-inch barrel to make it non-restricted.

Barrel Torque Rods should be available by the time the kits are ready to ship and we should have 50 complete upper kits by then also. No pre-sale on these.

How much smaller in diameter than a standard AR reaction rod? I have a couple and might just turn one down on the lathe if everything else aside from the main diameter is the same?

Back
Top Bottom