Page 103 of 109 FirstFirst ... 83939596979899100101102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1085

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

Anybody running dual charging handles on these yet? For bench shooting I'd use the left side, but for hunting offhand I'd use the right side, any problems with one on each side?

Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    MRA, we NEED a 10.5-12.5" 450 bushmaster barrel and bolt kit. Just saying...
    X2 plus 12.5" in 6.5 Grendel

Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    Anybody running dual charging handles on these yet? For bench shooting I'd use the left side, but for hunting offhand I'd use the right side, any problems with one on each side?
    Hitzy

I will let you know.

I am doing a build for a good friend in who has requested "Dual-Side" charging handles.

Based on the clearance observed with the two receiver sets I have worked with thus far, I really don't see and issue, especially when using a good grease.

However the only true test will be to try it.

We are planning on doing some load development as well and would be happy to share if intersted.

regards

AbH

MRA, we NEED a 10.5-12.5" 450 bushmaster barrel and bolt kit. Just saying...
    To the MRA Team

On the same line of thinking.............. You already make a 458 SOCOM Bolt & Barrel Kit

https://mapleridgearmoury.com/produc...lt-barrel-kit/

I would be very interested in such a kit with a shorter barrel...................12.5" sound like a good starting place!!

This way I could actually use the mags I have for it (very big GRIN)

Just food for thought

Respectfully yours

AbH

BANNED
    I wonder if there would be a difference in ease of operation between 458 and 450. I like the idea of a straight walled case for ease of reloading, and the wide availability of .452 bullets.

I wonder if there would be a difference in ease of operation between 458 and 450. I like the idea of a straight walled case for ease of reloading, and the wide availability of .452 bullets.
    Driller212

Well straight walled cases may be easier to reload, however a case with a decent tapper will feed/function better, especially in a platform like the Renegade.

Such issues have been born out by those using 6.5 Grendel in the renegade, and finding that feeding is "STICKY" due to the straight walls of said cartridge.

I am no knocking any ones cartridge choice, and I just saying that in a platform with "Limited Cramming power for feeding" like the Renegade some choices are better than others.

Just food for thought

regards

AbH

.458 and .450 are both quite tempting; as is a nice and short .300 blackout upper. I'm trying to figure out if I'm going keep my 10mm carbine or build a second upper as a complement to my Grendel build.
    Slava Ukraini!

What's this little spring that is shown with the complete uppers? I don't see it with the upper/lower kits.

https://mapleridgearmoury.com/produc...-receiver-kit/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    What's this little spring that is shown with the complete uppers? I don't see it with the upper/lower kits.
    It goes inside your bolt assembly.

Put it on when you remove your gas rings.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AbHobbyist View Post
    Driller212

Well straight walled cases may be easier to reload, however a case with a decent tapper will feed/function better, especially in a platform like the Renegade.

Such issues have been born out by those using 6.5 Grendel in the renegade, and finding that feeding is "STICKY" due to the straight walls of said cartridge.

I am no knocking any ones cartridge choice, and I just saying that in a platform with "Limited Cramming power for feeding" like the Renegade some choices are better than others.

Just food for thought

regards

AbH
    You would think that the Grendel would feed the same as from an AR15 as the buffer/spring is doing the same work in a Renegade as an AR?

I’m just speculating as I have not built a MRA yet.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!