Page 58 of 109 FirstFirst ... 384850515253545556575859606162636465666878 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

This makes a huge difference, thanks, any indication of supply and parts cost to complete the action?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    Soon and the stripped Receivers will be under $300.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Well got my AR-15 stripped down to parts and re-built back upon a Renegade receiver and I think it turned out pretty good !

Was a little worried about the 10" 300blk barrel coming in a little short but fully closed she measures 27.75" stem to stern making this NR and a sweet little light pack rifle !

A few little noticeable differences building it over the AR the rear takedown pin detent goes under the grip like the safety detent but without a hole it was a little bugger to line up and it didn't want to fit at first the spring was fully collapsed and still protruding without the detent over it yet so I stuck a little punch into the hole and noticed some white crud that scraped out of the hole and after that the spring and detent fit properly. Careful tho when your tightening up the grip without a guide hole that little spring wanted to flop around a bit until the grip was fully tightened.

Putting the handle on I tightened it up as far as it would go but noticed it has a little bit of a wiggle tho it does not button up tight to the bolt I guess maybe to keep it away from the side of the receiver ? I am not 100% sure that's right cause it should tighten up tight to the bolt I think without any wiggle and any space needed to prevent rubbing on the side of the receiver when cycling should be accounted for by the handle itself if needed so kinda wondering about that. Also noticed with my safety selector it covers over the rear takedown pin enough when on safe that I need to flip it up to fire in order to push out the pin, I didn't notice that at first and took me a minute to realize why I couldn't push the pin out.

That little manual that comes with it is pretty nice tho by far the nicest one I have ever seen with a gun nicely done there.

All in all I am happy to have a rifle that I can shoot and bonus it's now NR so the Liberals can suck it cause I can take this little baby anywhere I want now ! Would like to hear back tho about the handle wiggle tho if that's intended or not I am not 100% sure that should have a wiggle in it.

https://i.ibb.co/P1Jxg6z/Renegade.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
    Well got my AR-15 stripped down to parts and re-built back upon a Renegade receiver and I think it turned out pretty good !

Was a little worried about the 10" 300blk barrel coming in a little short but fully closed she measures 27.75" stem to stern making this NR and a sweet little light pack rifle !

A few little noticeable differences building it over the AR the rear takedown pin detent goes under the grip like the safety detent but without a hole it was a little bugger to line up and it didn't want to fit at first the spring was fully collapsed and still protruding without the detent over it yet so I stuck a little punch into the hole and noticed some white crud that scraped out of the hole and after that the spring and detent fit properly. Careful tho when your tightening up the grip without a guide hole that little spring wanted to flop around a bit until the grip was fully tightened.

Putting the handle on I tightened it up as far as it would go but noticed it has a little bit of a wiggle tho it does not button up tight to the bolt I guess maybe to keep it away from the side of the receiver ? I am not 100% sure that's right cause it should tighten up tight to the bolt I think without any wiggle and any space needed to prevent rubbing on the side of the receiver when cycling should be accounted for by the handle itself if needed so kinda wondering about that. Also noticed with my safety selector it covers over the rear takedown pin enough when on safe that I need to flip it up to fire in order to push out the pin, I didn't notice that at first and took me a minute to realize why I couldn't push the pin out.

That little manual that comes with it is pretty nice tho by far the nicest one I have ever seen with a gun nicely done there.

All in all I am happy to have a rifle that I can shoot and bonus it's now NR so the Liberals can suck it cause I can take this little baby anywhere I want now ! Would like to hear back tho about the handle wiggle tho if that's intended or not I am not 100% sure that should have a wiggle in it.

I put a washer under the screw for the bolt handle as I had similar sloppy fit with bolt tightened fully down. Washer solved issue.
    I also had to use a drill bit to clean out the small springs holes in order to get proper fitment. White crude as noted came out.
    I consider this minor however. I’ve built plenty of AR’s and once and a while things need a little polishing.
    I am overall pleased.
    I have had a failure on my first shot. I have contacted MRA and hope they will assist.
    I’m not looking to bash MRA. So if anyone is interested they can PM me for details.

Shoot straight - chrisco
    There is no spoon

First off. I also want to say how impressed I am with MRA.

I ran into similar issues as noted above.
    - There was what i expect as deburring material (glass beed or alike) in the take down pin spring holes.
    - I also had an issue with the rear take down pin spring. I put it all together and was not able to remove the the rear take down pin. When I put my grip on, I must have had the spring roll over on the end and jam. So i just made a little indent with a small drill bit in the handle where the spring sits and that help guid it in just perfect.
    -My charging handle was also sloppy after tightening it down. I took off the handle took the bolt and screwed it in by its self with out the handle. It looks like I stripped the bolt a little on the end, but when i put it back in it took up the slop. I will probably need anther bolt, as that handle needs to come off and on ever time the BCG comes out. I should have used a washer like another poster here did.
    - My unit also has a little "battle rattle" as I have seen others call it. theres a fair bit of play between the upper and the bottom metal. Been trying to think of ways to take this up. I will take suggestions.

The construction is what you expect from MRA. Its solid and well built.

I'd love to see a pic of your carbine, I want to do the same
    Life is not that complicated. You get up, you go to work, eat three meals, you take one good shlt and you go back to bed. What’s the fvcking mystery?! - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by burtass View Post
    First off. I also want to say how impressed I am with MRA.

I ran into similar issues as noted above.
    - There was what i expect as deburring material (glass beed or alike) in the take down pin spring holes.
    - I also had an issue with the rear take down pin spring. I put it all together and was not able to remove the the rear take down pin. When I put my grip on, I must have had the spring roll over on the end and jam. So i just made a little indent with a small drill bit in the handle where the spring sits and that help guid it in just perfect.
    -My charging handle was also sloppy after tightening it down. I took off the handle took the bolt and screwed it in by its self with out the handle. It looks like I stripped the bolt a little on the end, but when i put it back in it took up the slop. I will probably need anther bolt, as that handle needs to come off and on ever time the BCG comes out. I should have used a washer like another poster here did.
    - My unit also has a little "battle rattle" as I have seen others call it. theres a fair bit of play between the upper and the bottom metal. Been trying to think of ways to take this up. I will take suggestions.

The construction is what you expect from MRA. Its solid and well built.
    For lower/upper wobble, you can add tension screw, there is a hole for it. Something I am planning to add as well, as have that wobble as well.
    For me, when I added grip, I cannot tighten screw all the way as my safety lock is not turning, probably have to cut spring.

Shoot straight - chrisco
    There is no spoon

Quote Originally Posted by Denka View Post
    For lower/upper wobble, you can add tension screw, there is a hole for it. Something I am planning to add as well, as have that wobble as well.
    For me, when I added grip, I cannot tighten screw all the way as my safety lock is not turning, probably have to cut spring.
    My lack of experience had me wondering what that hole was. Great tip, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MRCLARK View Post
    I'd love to see a pic of your carbine, I want to do the same
    If that was a question to me I included a pic in the link. Cannot seem to insert a pic into the post for some reason. Ya it started getting late by the time I was finished I'll take it down and play a bit more with it more today.

Last edited by Sqr; 10-02-2020 at 08:00 PM.
    CCFR — CSSA