Page 61 of 109 FirstFirst ... 415153545556575859606162636465666768697181 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PinkyPlinker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramnon View Post
    Is it just my eyes, or is there a big difference in anodizing between upper and lower metal on this one? Sounds like this is a common issue people are having. It looks great otherwise though.
    Yeah, that mismatch looks like @ss. I won’t be pleased if mine arrives like that. Actually, when they want money I’ll demand a match or cancel the order.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, you have a nice looking build and all that but watching the video left me feeling a wee bit nauseated.
    How far we have fallen
    Last edited by Sqr; 10-02-2020 at 12:09 PM.
    CCFR — CSSA

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkyPlinker View Post
    Yeah, that mismatch looks like @ss. I won’t be pleased if mine arrives like that. Actually, when they want money I’ll demand a match or cancel the order.
    Good luck with that, it appears they anodized the receiver and bottom metal at different time that's why all the recievers are all darker than bottom metal

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis264 View Post
    Good luck with that, it appears they anodized the receiver and bottom metal at different time that's why all the recievers are all darker than bottom metal
    That doesn’t make it acceptable. Perhaps MRA would like to comment on this?

I just checked the FX9 along with others and there is also a variation in the finish.
    CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    I just checked the FX9 along with others and there is also a variation in the finish.
    Their FDE is horribly mismatched. It looks like @ss too. Their black is good.

Quote Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
    Wow, your anodizing looks even worse than mine lol. For a company that prides themselves on quality, and talks up their products non stop you’d expect a little bit more than this. All my mis matched AR builds don’t even look that bad.

For the premium price paid for these you’d expect better consistency. I’m surprised they were even sent out looking like this.
    Last edited by Patt08; 10-02-2020 at 12:56 PM.
    |CCFR|

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rommelrommel's Avatar
    The anodising match is pretty poor, it was obvious inside but taking it out into the sun even brought more attention to it.

Whether it was just the anodising being too heavy or the threads being a bit off at the front of the barrel nut I’m not sure, but I did end up going over to see a millright friend of mine to run a split die over it lightly to clean it up. It would not accept any barrel nut I had the way it came, way too tight.

Quote Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
    The anodising match is pretty poor, it was obvious inside but taking it out into the sun even brought more attention to it.

Whether it was just the anodising being too heavy or the threads being a bit off at the front of the barrel nut I’m not sure, but I did end up going over to see a millright friend of mine to run a split die over it lightly to clean it up. It would not accept any barrel nut I had the way it came, way too tight.
    That’s really disappointing. Glad you were able to get it fixed though. I would say as far as the colour of the anodizing, this is some of the worst I’ve had out of any of the sets I’ve owned. And I owned an SLR lol. Their anodizing was terrible but at least it matched.

I just can’t get over how blue yours looks. I’ll have to take mine outside and have a look at it as well.
    |CCFR|

rommelrommel

First off, from one builder to another..........your build looks really excellent and has inspired me!!

That being said it was really unfortunate to hear about your issues of barrel nut fitment and the anodizing.

I am pleased you were able to take actions to remedy the situation, however they should not have been necessary.

I look forward to and await MRA's constructive response to this

regards

AbH