Page 65 of 109 FirstFirst ... 455557585960616263646566676869707172737585 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    We have resolved the anodizing issues so future shipments should be a perfect match.

We decided to ship the receivers we had despite the colour variation due to overwhelming customer demand that we ship despite my repeated attempts to explain the delays were due to QC concerns.

Once we are caught up on shipping all pre-orders by the end of October, we will have time to resolve the colour variations.

If you wish, you may return your mis-matched Renegade to us after November 1st and we will Cerakote the set with your choice of colour for free. All critical dimensions will be masked to ensure tolerances are maintained. Expect a 4 to 6 week lead time for this resolution.

Also, the charging handle will torque down tight to the carrier but you must apply a good deal of torque. It seems the tapped hole in the carrier tapers slightly for the last 1/16" or so. Torque it down well and it will fit tight. We are working on a solution for this also.

We have added a QC step to clean out tumbling and blasting media from the blind holes so this wont be an issue going forward.

I am happy to hear that everyone is for the most part happy with the quality of machining, function, packaging, and owners manual. In all honesty, it has been quite the endeavor meeting the massive demand for the Renegade, its not as though we are producing a simplistic design in small numbers on a consumer grade machine. Trust us that we will work through these very minor setbacks and resolve these issues to your satisfaction. I expect that production of the MRA Maverick later this year will be much smoother. We appreciate your continued support.

Stay on target!
    This is very awesome of you guys. This is exactly the option I will be pursuing. Thanks for making it right.
    |CCFR|

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    We have resolved the anodizing issues so future shipments should be a perfect match.

We decided to ship the receivers we had despite the colour variation due to overwhelming customer demand that we ship despite my repeated attempts to explain the delays were due to QC concerns.

Once we are caught up on shipping all pre-orders by the end of October, we will have time to resolve the colour variations.

If you wish, you may return your mis-matched Renegade to us after November 1st and we will Cerakote the set with your choice of colour for free. All critical dimensions will be masked to ensure tolerances are maintained. Expect a 4 to 6 week lead time for this resolution.

Also, the charging handle will torque down tight to the carrier but you must apply a good deal of torque. It seems the tapped hole in the carrier tapers slightly for the last 1/16" or so. Torque it down well and it will fit tight. We are working on a solution for this also.

We have added a QC step to clean out tumbling and blasting media from the blind holes so this wont be an issue going forward.

I am happy to hear that everyone is for the most part happy with the quality of machining, function, packaging, and owners manual. In all honesty, it has been quite the endeavor meeting the massive demand for the Renegade, its not as though we are producing a simplistic design in small numbers on a consumer grade machine. Trust us that we will work through these very minor setbacks and resolve these issues to your satisfaction. I expect that production of the MRA Maverick later this year will be much smoother. We appreciate your continued support.

Stay on target!
    My order was placed within the first pre order. I assume that means my set will likely have the anodizing issues as well. Since my order has not yet shipped, would I be able to have it cerakoted at no cost before it’s shipped to me? That would save me a lot of time and hassle of having to ship it back after November 1st.

Regarding the Cerakote, does it matter if the Renegade has been fired? prior to sending back to MRA for your offer?

I actually dig the mis matched anodizing. Reminds me of my Colt A4. The upper was purple lol.
    Came for the guns, stayed for the tits

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramnon View Post
    My order was placed within the first pre order. I assume that means my set will likely have the anodizing issues as well. Since my order has not yet shipped, would I be able to have it cerakoted at no cost before it’s shipped to me? That would save me a lot of time and hassle of having to ship it back after November 1st.
    Please email info@mapleridgearmoury.com. It's very possible yours is not affected.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosoraptor View Post
    Regarding the Cerakote, does it matter if the Renegade has been fired? prior to sending back to MRA for your offer?
    Fire away! We want you to enjoy it until we are ready to run a batch of Cerakote. Please contact us in November for the Cerakote.

Where to start...The anodizing is a match, the blue grey black colour looks like s@&t with the rest of my build, next the tolerance for the mag release was really tight had to file the well to get it in, then file again to release a mag, and I would have to file more so the Ambi will work. Then the threads for the barrel nut were tight I had to take it off and on several times till I was comfortable tightening it all the way. Next the tap for the buffer tube was tight as f&$k Only could install have way. Last and most important the excessive play between the upper and lower metal way too much play, with that said. Can you guy make a end plate that covers both the upper and lower that has a QD attachment that fits into the QD slot of the lower metal, once tightened with the buffer tube nut that might take care of the excessive play. Maybe....
    I guess I had higher expectations.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LMG Stoner View Post
    Where to start...The anodizing is a match, the blue grey black colour looks like s@&t with the rest of my build, next the tolerance for the mag release was really tight had to file the well to get it in, then file again to release a mag, and I would have to file more so the Ambi will work. Then the threads for the barrel nut were tight I had to take it off and on several times till I was comfortable tightening it all the way. Next the tap for the buffer tube was tight as f&$k Only could install have way. Last and most important the excessive play between the upper and lower metal way too much play, with that said. Can you guy make a end plate that covers both the upper and lower that has a QD attachment that fits into the QD slot of the lower metal, once tightened with the buffer tube nut that might take care of the excessive play. Maybe....
    I guess I had higher expectations.
    Ugh, thanks. Better luck next time..

"What do you get for pretending the danger's not real?"
    - Sheep, Pink Floyd

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dmitri's Avatar
    I got one of the first ones from SFRC, anodizing looks pretty good, or it could be the lighting, have to look at it outside..

To guys at MRA: when is the ETA for 12" 6.5 grendel barrels ??? And thanks a lot, im really loving this kit so far..

I forgot to add my Trigger tec combat trigger was a real tight fit as well. I will have a fun time getting it out. With that many obstacles I am sure it’s just the anodizing coating that is what’s giving me so much trouble, not the receiver set it’s self. The excessive play on the other hand??? If the upper and lower were as tight a fit as everything else I wouldn’t have a problem. In the end it all went together, and still looks good. If they can make me that end plate I’ll be satisfied. I’ll share a pic later today of my build. Its still early in production they will fix these bugs I am sure of that. Don’t turn away from one bad experience.
    Last edited by LMG Stoner; 10-03-2020 at 09:22 AM.