Page 75 of 109 FirstFirst ... 556567686970717273747576777879808182838595 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

Super Moderator
    [QUOTE...]Bolt lock up strong enough for 450 bushmaster, 50 Beowulf and Rem 30 AR?[/QUOTE]

You are supplying the barrel with its extension, and the bolt.
    The bolt locks into the barrel extension.
    Whether the bolt lockup is acceptable depends on the parts that you are supplying.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by COREY View Post
    Went to pick mine up at the postal outlet today (mail carriers do not ring doorbells here anymore) to find it had been shut down due to COVID
    They sent my by UPS and UPS would not delivery to house, so I had to drive to their pick up point to get it, standing in line with 10 people to pick this up

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    What about using an adjustable gas block with it turned right off. I have 2 that were being saved for AR builds and are now gathering dust.
    Yes that will work. I have read where some cut off and reversed gas tubs had been cut by the gas after a period of time. That has port works like a little blow torch.
    CCFR — CSSA

Super Moderator
    I plugged a gas block by turning a solid plug to replace the gas tube, and pinning it in position.

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    What about using an adjustable gas block with it turned right off. I have 2 that were being saved for AR builds and are now gathering dust.
    This................

I was thinking along the same lines.

regards

AbH

All good solutions. Thanks. Now I have new homes for those adjustable blocks.
    "The greatest evils of the world will not be carried out by men with guns, but by men in suits sitting behind desks. " - C.S. Lewis

BANNED
    MRA, I am thinking about doing your 458 Socom setup with this receiver, do you know if the ejection port is large enough on the receiver for the .458 socom

Delete
    Last edited by Shorerider; 10-08-2020 at 06:02 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    My buddy Mike got this one today.

Name:  20201008_171015.jpg
Views: 1711
Size:  81.5 KB

Machining is very well done and anodizing is a near perfect match between the upper and lower receivers. Fitment between receiver halves is perfect in the picture however once the pins were installed there becomes a slight gap and a fair bit of play. So yeah, if the wiggle bothers you the set screw to snug it up is pretty much a requirement.

Overall I'd give it a 9/10. Pretty darn good for a low serial number first production run product.

* Still makes me want to puke that a product like this had to be made though
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post

* Still makes me want to puke that a product like this had to be made though
    jiffx2781

I feel your pain and agree whole heartedly, however consider this...........

Because these exist, it is now possible to get a reliable, modular, short rifle of quality manufacture that you can assembly yourself, with a 10.5 - 12" barrel that meets the criteria for being none-restricted !!

When the Maverick is born (Large frame version) there are a lot of 16" barrels from the 308 family of cartridges that just became much more useful !!

Just food for though!!

Respectfully yours

AbH