Page 71 of 109 FirstFirst ... 516163646566676869707172737475767778798191 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

Quote Originally Posted by sqr View Post
    if you have never owned an ar type receiver or a black rifle which has a receiver set how can you insist its sub par quality if there is nothing for you to compare it to?
    agreed !

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by LMG Stoner View Post
    Attachment 421612
    In stall tension screw no wobble but look at space between upper and lower. That’s normal?
    So this is expectable tolerance?
    That looks terrible

If you read back to my post earlier you would have noticed I once owned two sporters, both builds were a dream to put together. Same parts from that build are now on my renegade, every part had its issues that I never had problems with the sporter. So I have owned my fare share of black rifles, just not an AR and again this is not an A R.

I was pointing out the problems I had, and made a request to MRA to make me a part that would make me happy with my build. I am a customer of the exceptional company, they need feed back on there product quality so the can fix in the sets to come. So give me a break I spent a lot of coin on this build, not to have some guy question my ability..

So enjoy your Renegades everyone, Because I know I will. Happy shooting!!
    Last edited by LMG Stoner; 10-04-2020 at 02:39 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LMG Stoner View Post
    That’s why I would like them to make a end plate the covers both upper and lower with a QD attachment the fits the QD slot On the lower, equipped with a swivel sling ring where the quick connect button would be. With the slots for the upper, and QD in lower and the buffer tube nut tightened against it I am sure it would keep it tight with no gap. Combined with the tension screw solid as a rock! My thoughts...
    I think that's a great idea.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Thanks good to know that someone sees where I am trying go with this. Not good with getting my point across sometimes. Lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Another option is to install receiver shims which are also available from Canadian sources or where I go which ships to Canada. https://www.triggershims.com/

Ill have to keep these in mind!
    |CCFR|

I put 80-90 rounds through mine last night for the first time. It went bang as expected, every time. The first 40 so rounds I had a hard time pulling back on the charging handle. I had to really jerk the thing back, I'm not sure what that was, but it got better and better the more rounds I put through it. It worked Perfect by the time I was done.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    ***PRE-ORDER ONLY***

Estimated Delivery of First batch 31 AUG 2020. (full)

Estimated delivery of Second batch 30 SEP 2020

The MRA Renegade Receiver Set is a novel, spring assisted, straight pull, magazine fed firearm design.# It is composed of a proprietary Receiver, Bottom Metal, and proprietary bolt carrier with integrated, swap-able left or right hand charging handle.# This receiver kit is compatible with a wide variety of commonly available firearm parts and accessories.# In this way, the user can build a rifle to meet their specific utility and budget.

This receiver set is designed and intended to not be capable of discharging ammunition in a semi-automatic fashion.# The design is novel and is not derived from any restricted or prohibited firearm.# Due to the action type and novel design, this receiver set meets the legal standard of a non-restricted firearm as per the Canadian Firearms Act and related Regulations.# The minimum overall length when assembled into a working firearm must be over 26" to meet the standard of non-restricted.

Features:
    Spring-assisted, manually-operated, straight-pull bolt action
    Side-charging handle can be mounted to Left or Right side (ejects to the Right always
    Can be readily assembled to shoot 223 Rem, 5.56x45, .300 BLK, 6.5 Grendel, .224 Valkyrie, 7.62x39, and many other cartridges
    Integrated QD port at the rear
    Extra-flared magwell
    Designed and manufactured entirely in Canada

Specifications:
    Receiver and Bottom Metal Material:# High quality, domestically sourced 6061-T6 alloy
    Receiver and Bottom Metal Finish:# Hard Black Anodizing
    Bolt Carrier Material:# HTSR 4140 steel
    Bolt Carrier Finish:# QPQ Black Nitride
    Caliber:# Multi

Included Components:
    (1) MRA Renegade Receiver
    (1) MRA Renegade Bottom Metal
    (1) MRA Renegade Bolt Carrier (requires bolt, firing pin, camp in, and retaining pin)
    (1) MRA Renegade Cylinder Charging Handle
    (1) MRA Renegade End Plate
    (1) MRA Renegade Barrel Gas Journal Seal .750" diameter (allows the use of various aftermarket barrels with a gas port)

Required Components:
    Barrel, bolt, hanguard, buttstock, lower parts kit, bolt, muzzle device

Compatible with:
    Most AR-15 barrels, buttstocks, handguards, pistol grips, magazines, etc.

Not compatible with:
    #AR-15 bolt carriers, AR-15 upper receivers, AR-15 lower receivers, AR-15 charging handles

Made in Canada

Attachment 390089

Attachment 390090

Attachment 390091
    Bolt lock up strong enough for 450 bushmaster, 50 Beowulf and Rem 30 AR?
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Bolt lock up strong enough for 450 bushmaster, 50 Beowulf and Rem 30 AR?
    We have not tested these calibers.
    Last edited by Maple Ridge Armourer; 10-05-2020 at 07:52 PM.