Page 78 of 109 FirstFirst ... 586870717273747576777879808182838485868898 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    What’s the shortest barrel and stock combo guys have come up with to keep a 26” oal? I have a variety of different length barrels and stocks to try, but was hoping to maybe get away with a 10.3” dd mk18 barrel and either a UBR or Luth stock

Also helped a buddy build his rifle about 90% last night, he has to do some modifications to a handgauard for his, he also bought me a Renegade receiver for being a good friend! Imagine my surprise!

Anyways while putting it together we did not have a reaction rod and I had not read this thread yet so we ran into some of the common problems of holes being filled with what I though was aluminum powder, maybe it was media, my kit also did not
    Come with the gas block cover, but after seeing a few of the broken ones I’ll just use a reversed one until MRA gets caught up with the new ones and send them an e mail.

As for the guys destroying their BEV block, just knock out the center pin and pull the metal block out, just need an extra set of hands to steady the receiver while torquing the barrel nut to spec,

Iam excited to build mine over the next few days!

Last edited by Craig0ry; 10-12-2020 at 01:59 AM.
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig0ry View Post
    What’s the shortest barrel and stock combo guys have come up with to keep a 26” oal? I have a variety of different length barrels and stocks to try, but was hoping to maybe get away with a 10.3” dd mk18 barrel and either a UBR or Luth stock

Also helped a buddy build his rifle about 90% last night, he has to do some modifications to a handgauard for his, he also bought me a Renegade receiver for being a good friend! Imagine my surprise!

Anyways while putting it together we did not have a reaction rod and I had not read this thread yet so we ran into some of the common problems of holes being filled with what I though was aluminum powder, maybe it was media, my kit also did not
    Come with the gas block cover, but after seeing a few of the broken ones I’ll just use a reversed one until MRA gets caught up with the new ones and send them an e mail.

As for the guys destroying their BEV block, just knock out the center pin and pull the metal block out, just need an extra set of hands to steady the receiver while torquing the barrel nut to spec,

Iam excited to build mine over the next few days!

I just test fit this. 10.5" barrel, muzzle device with no crush washer installed, no stock installed. I think that the 10.5 is probably about as close as you want to push it
    Name:  20201011_121926.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  103.2 KB
    Name:  20201011_121809.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  62.3 KB

I have a tonne of media in the pivot pin detent /spring hole. I've spent the last hour trying to get it out as there is so much the spring wont even go a quarter of the way in.

I also had trouble fitting a trigger from an Aero precision LPK but a hiperfire heavy gunner fit fine.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by STEELCITYSLICKER View Post
    I have a tonne of media in the pivot pin detent /spring hole. I've spent the last hour trying to get it out as there is so much the spring wont even go a quarter of the way in.
    Find a drill bit that fits (next size down from what would have drilled the hole) and spin between fingers to dig into the crud, pull out, wipe off, try again until you can't get any more out.

The A2 style stocks will be longer than the carbine style, but I don’t think muzzle devices count for OAL if I remember right, so I might be hooped for the 10.3”

I just test fit this. 10.5" barrel, muzzle device with no crush washer installed, no stock installed. I think that the 10.5 is probably about as close as you want to push it
    Name:  20201011_121926.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  103.2 KB
    Name:  20201011_121809.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  62.3 KB

I also had trouble fitting a trigger from an Aero precision LPK but a hiperfire heavy gunner fit fine.

CGN Regular
    The A2 style stocks will be longer than the carbine style, but I don’t think muzzle devices count for OAL if I remember right, so I might be hooped for the 10.3”
    They count for OAL but not for barrel length.

Thanks old303 - worked like a charm!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    They count for OAL but not for barrel length.
    And barrel length only matters if the firearm is centre fire semi-automatic. With the Renegade, you can use an extremely short barrel if the muzzle device and stock add enough length to still exceed the 660 mm OAL.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 700-223 View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I was also planning a Grendel build with a MRA 12 1/2 inch barrel. Some of the US forums have reported good results with barrels that short although of course there is a loss of velocity though still very usable inside 300 yds. Very impressed with my MRA handguard and it’s quality and weight - was hoping to use one of your Grendel barrels. I don’t have much interest in a blackout as it would mean adding another caliber and cartridge.

I guess I’ll proceed with a Frankenbuild in 556 and see what I want to do for a separate upper. Can you confirm the barrel lengths you will be offering in 6.5 Grendel and, what the hell, 300 Blackout?

I’ve got a 12.5” Grendel barrel coming from IBI. No gas port. Plenty of guys are using 12ish Grendel rifles with great success. I have looked at the Ballistics and deer to 300 yards would be fine. Targets well past that. I went with 12.5 for BC hunting regulations that state minimum 305mm barrel.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    And barrel length only matters if the firearm is centre fire semi-automatic. With the Renegade, you can use an extremely short barrel if the muzzle device and stock add enough length to still exceed the 660 mm OAL.
    Great to know! Thanks guys! I should be golden, my brake is ridiculous

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drifter dave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hardyshooter View Post
    Here’s mine. 13.7” ballistic advantage barrel, mra hand guard, mra brake, magpul furniture, mil spec lpk. Haven’t shot yet, but I love it.

Attachment 422358
    What's your overall length? I'm wondering if I can do the same setup with my 10.5" barrel and stay legal.
    G96 smells awesome.
    Member, CSSA & CCFR.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter dave View Post
    What's your overall length? I'm wondering if I can do the same setup with my 10.5" barrel and stay legal.
    I have a 10.3" blackout barrel and with the stock fully in its 28.5" with a linear comp on it, your longer then mine and I have 2" to spare and my muzzle device is short so I would say your more then good

https://i.ibb.co/P1Jxg6z/Renegade.jpg