Page 74 of 109 FirstFirst ... 546466676869707172737475767778798081828494 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

I think I have read somewhere that rotating a short section of gas tube to block the port resulted in the gas burning through the tube and exiting the short section, a video was provided.

It seems there may be a market for ancillary parts where keeping an A2 front sight is desired. Such as a milled stainless round bar to fit into the tube opening. Unless of course there are several gas tube diameters?

Quote Originally Posted by Wester View Post
    I think I have read somewhere that rotating a short section of gas tube to block the port resulted in the gas burning through the tube and exiting the short section, a video was provided.

It seems there may be a market for ancillary parts where keeping an A2 front sight is desired. Such as a milled stainless round bar to fit into the tube opening. Unless of course there are several gas tube diameters?
    Perhaps crimping the cut end would suffice in the meantime?
    "No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave." - James Burgh

The cake is a lie.

Ammo used was a mix Barnaul HP and Winchester power point Barnaul were very hard to eject, the Winchester no problems. Considering they were both shot of rubber maid table and a bipod walking stick at fifty yard both shot well.

The size of the target has a 1” grid so the small orange square is two inches.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkOfLight View Post
    I cut it to about 1.5"/2"and installed it upside down. Followed that up by promptly ordering a shiny new replacement for when the OIC mess is overturned.
    It would be a good idea to apply High Temp Lock Tite to the gas tube and roll pin to ensure they do not come loose. If the roll pin were to move out, the gas tube would become a high speed projectile firing towards the operator when the rifle is fired. Safety First!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    It would be a good idea to apply High Temp Lock Tite to the gas tube and roll pin to ensure they do not come loose. If the roll pin were to move out, the gas tube would become a high speed projectile firing towards the operator when the rifle is fired. Safety First!
    If it's just a stub of gas tube that doesn't have to run back to the action, wouldn't it make more sense to install the gas block the other way around so if the stub comes loose it's flying downrange?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old303 View Post
    If it's just a stub of gas tube that doesn't have to run back to the action, wouldn't it make more sense to install the gas block the other way around so if the stub comes loose it's flying downrange?
    If you install a low profile gas block backwards, you don't even need the gas tube.

In the case of the A2 front sight/gas block, it must be installed in the standard orientation. In this way, the gas port in the sight must be blocked off.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wester View Post

That happened to me, but it was a very old gas tube. Replaced it with a new one and it’s been good for about 150 rounds so far. Still, I think a solid plug is a better solution.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NavyShooter's Avatar
    Are there any locations that actually have stock on these, or is it still backordered everywhere?
    One shot one tequilla

Death from a bar....

Went to pick mine up at the postal outlet today (mail carriers do not ring doorbells here anymore) to find it had been shut down due to COVID
    Befriend an octopus - more shoulders to cry on and more hands to help you move

What about using an adjustable gas block with it turned right off. I have 2 that were being saved for AR builds and are now gathering dust.
    "The greatest evils of the world will not be carried out by men with guns, but by men in suits sitting behind desks. " - C.S. Lewis