Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ... 6171737475767778798081828384858687888991101 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

CGN frequent flyer FirearmsEnthusiast's Avatar
    Quick report: I built our my MRA Renegade from a Windham Weaponry WW-15 VEX (Varmit Exterminator) donor rifle and the MRA build kit.

Overall, the quality of the machining of the MRA components is excellent. Everything fit well and went together easily, even the dreaded pivot pin retaining pin/spring installation.

The VEX has an excellent 20 inch barrel matched with a Compass Lake bolt. Barrel went on without issue and the design of the MRA bolt carrier is pretty ingenious - remove the gas rings from your AR bolt, and use some of the parts from the bolt (cam bolt, firing pin and retaining pin). Used Breakfree to lubricate the bolt/carrier interface and TW25B grease for the carrier itself in the receiver.

Action is extremely smooth and upper-lower lockup was good, but still some play that I may take out later with a tensioning screw.

I used both handloads and Federal AR ammo at the range today, and mounted a Nightforce scope in its Sphur mount.

First shot - slightly hugher recoil due to no gas system, and no AR "twang" from the buffer spring cycling. I was prepared to pull the bolt handle back briskly but to my pleasant suprise, the bolt cycled easily. Ejection was positive and the brass was cool to the touch like a bolt gun, with no deformation of the brass, or pressure signs. Primer strike was strong and centered.

I cycled another 50 rounds through the gun. Did an initial zero at only 50 yards to ensure I was on the paper, and first group sizes were under an inch at 50 yards.

Next steps will be to zero at 100 yards and develop some handloads for this gun. I will measure brass dimensions before and after firing, as I am hopeful that I may only have to neck size (so wierd coming from an AR platform).

A few photos of the gun below.

Thanks MRA for the innovative and well-made product. Highly recommended!

Sorry that the first photo is sideways - iPhone issue despite some editing.

Name:  IMG_2261.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  104.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2263.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  85.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2255.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  122.4 KB
    Are you saying I'm a "gun nut"? I prefer the term "Firearms Enthusiast"...

CGN frequent flyer speedjunkiesracing's Avatar
    Ordered 1
    The Toecutter, He knows who I am

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    We have now completed shipping all MRA direct pre-orders minus a few for which we are still awaiting payment.

We have left phone messages and emails to the few remaining customers who need to complete payment. Please complete payment so we can ship your kits.

We will have inventory of receiver kits, complete rifles, complete uppers, and parts by the end of next week.
    Are you guys expecting to fulfill all 3rd party preorder stock in the near future as well? My order with SFRC is still waiting on fulfilment, for example.

Either way, thanks for your tireless efforts!

Edit: Just got shipping notification so I’m pleased
    Last edited by littlejackal; 10-20-2020 at 12:27 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejackal View Post
    Are you guys expecting to fulfill all 3rd party preorder stock in the near future as well? My order with SFRC is still waiting on fulfilment, for example.

Either way, thanks for your tireless efforts
    Hmm, I think I still have a $250 credit with SFRC...Maybe I need one of these receiver sets too.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

took mine out today.7.62x39 MRA 14.5 barrel, accuracy was very good but crazy hard to eject the cases, is there any solution to fix this?
    Last edited by ZUKA; 10-18-2020 at 07:14 AM.
    CPC,CCFR,CSSA My freedom is not for sale

So I ordered a Renegade Barrel Torque Rod on the 02 Sept 2020 and requested that it be included with MRA V1-B Renegade Receiver Kit - PREORDER, I have since received the MRA V1-B Renegade receiver Kit, but no Torque Rod. My order for the Renegade Barrel Torque Rod says processing. Are these back ordered. My E-mails to MRA have still not been answered.
    mt84
    RSM (Retired Service Member)

Just took another one out today for a first time sight in at 100M and break in. I feel it will take a number of rounds to get the bolt to slide with the JP silent capture spring.

Very accurate with 90 gn bullet weight .277 Wlv loads, however they are showing some flat primers which I attribute to a 22gn powder charge of 1680 for my now prohibit DI guns.

Unlike my MI handguard build I really like how the 17" MRA handguard perfectly times with the upper receiver.

Last edited by Sqr; 10-18-2020 at 04:47 PM.
    CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by mt84 View Post
    So I ordered a Renegade Barrel Torque Rod on the 02 Sept 2020 and requested that it be included with MRA V1-B Renegade Receiver Kit - PREORDER, I have since received the MRA V1-B Renegade receiver Kit, but no Torque Rod. My order for the Renegade Barrel Torque Rod says processing. Are these back ordered. My E-mails to MRA have still not been answered.
    There are many YouTube videos which show alternate ways at how to install barrels.
    CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by ZUKA View Post
    took mine out today.7.62x39 MRA 14.5 barrel, accuracy was very good but crazy hard to eject the cases, is there any solution to fix this?
    Thoroughly clean the chamber and keep shooting. After a few hundred rounds it will loosen up.
    Last edited by Sqr; 10-19-2020 at 08:20 PM.
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NavyShooter's Avatar
    I assembled my MRA over the weekend.

Stripped the parts off my DLask and Armalite lowers and pieced together a functional rifle.

I was disappointed that the non-collapsible stock didn't fit - that's my preference for these rifles, but alas...collapsible stock it is.

That was, however, the only disappointment.

The instruction booklet for assembly was very straight-forward, and the rifle went together quite smoothly.

The test-fire on Saturday afternoon was a shocker though. I put both the same barrel and same sight back on the new upper. First two rounds fired into the berm at 100 to test function. Point of impact looked - close - so I decided to switch to a steel gong at 300 - held off for the drop and a bit of wind, and "BANG" - "TING" No zero shift.

I'll say that again.

NO ZERO SHIFT.

VERY impressed.

Also, the 'sproing' is back, though manually operated.

I have a WS-MCR that I've tested and fired, and the grip on it is not as 'AR-ish' as this rifle's grip. This rifle is - just about perfect for a 'NOT-AR' rifle.

Thank-you.

NS
    One shot one tequilla

Death from a bar....