Page 14 of 109 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bc6 View Post
    Looks great guys! Can you confirm if rear of receivers geometry is std so I can use my law tactical folder? Would have to thread into the upper I guess?? Does bcg have the same ID hole at rear? Thanks!
    The Law Tactical Folder will not fit on our receiver

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEELCITYSLICKER View Post
    Hi MRA,

Looks like I scored the last pre-sale receiver set.

Can I please ask the length of the receiver?

Trying to figure out minimum barrel length required to remain non-restricted.

Thanks!
    The receiver is 7.723" long not including the threaded receiver extension at the front. You will calculate the length of the receiver, plus the barrel, plus the buffer tube to find OAL. With a standard buffer tube, we recommend a 12.5" or longer barrel to remain non-restricted.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    The receiver is 7.723" long not including the threaded receiver extension at the front. You will calculate the length of the receiver, plus the barrel, plus the buffer tube to find OAL. With a standard buffer tube, we recommend a 12.5" or longer barrel to remain non-restricted.
    If a muzzle device was pinned in place, so it was not easily removable, would the length of the device count in the OAL?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    If a muzzle device was pinned in place, so it was not easily removable, would the length of the device count in the OAL?
    It is my understanding that the muzzle device does not count towards the OAL of the firearm just as it does not count towards the OAL of the barrel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ^
    Thanks!

looks good MRA,
    why not use the same font for RENEGADE that you use for the MRA on the receiver upper and lower?

cant wait to get this in my hands

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BKnill1 View Post
    Three questions:

1. What is the risk that this will be classed as a semi auto because of the buffer tube assist?
    2. What is the risk that this would be seen as an AR variant?
    3. Will you fight the decision if it is classified as a variant or semi auto?

Quick follow up:

If it is classified as a semi or an AR variant, what do you plan to do (e.g. refunds, ship anyway?)
    1) Zero. Semi Auto is defined in law.

“semi-automatic”, in respect of a firearm, means a firearm that is equipped with a mechanism that, following the discharge of a cartridge, automatically operates to complete any part of the reloading cycle necessary to prepare for the discharge of the next cartridge.
    2) Total Crap shoot. There is no rhyme or reason to the RCMP firearms lab

3) MRA has answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    This. The FRT is for imports. Nothing requires domestically made firearms to get them.
    Correct, and in fact an FRT description is the last thing that we should ever want.

Quote Originally Posted by BKnill1 View Post
    Sure, though I'd rather have an FRT instead of having this labelled as a prohib when the RCMP decide to get off their asses. Additionally, they have said FRT is pending so they have already submitted so that argument is kinda moot.

Edit: to be clear, I've already placed my preorder.
    Yeah people need to familiarize themselves with how the law works. There is absolutely no advantange to having an FRT entry, unless you are trying to sell guns to people who won't buy a gun without one. The best thing for us all is for Canadian gun manufacturers to not submit firearms for FRT classification, because it is utterly worthless as a legal classification, but is a massive uphill battle if you don't like how it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    Not being a semi automatic firearm, there is no OAL requirement in order to be deemed a NR.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    Not being a semi automatic firearm, there is no OAL requirement in order to be deemed a NR.
    That is EDIT debatable.

To avoid any further confusion, right from the source...

Also 660mm = 25.9843 inches
    Last edited by Philosoraptor; 07-06-2020 at 11:28 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosoraptor View Post
    That is not correct.

To avoid any further confusion, right from the source...

Also 660mm = 25.9843 inches
    The RCMP are not the source. Unless you mean the source of garbage political opinions. But in any event, read your own reference. Sub 660mm only matters if the length is achieved via some type of variable length stock.

Here is the actual law. https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/....html#h-117003

non-restricted firearm means

(a) a firearm that is neither a prohibited firearm nor a restricted firearm, or

(b) a firearm that is prescribed to be a non-restricted firearm;
    Restricted firearm means

(a) a handgun that is not a prohibited firearm,

(b) a firearm that

(i) is not a prohibited firearm,

(ii) has a barrel less than 470 mm in length, and

(iii) is capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner,

(c) a firearm that is designed or adapted to be fired when reduced to a length of less than 660 mm by folding, telescoping or otherwise, or

(d) a firearm of any other kind that is prescribed to be a restricted firearm; 
    With a fixed length stock on it, OAL and Barrel length don't matter: its NR.

See grizzly shotgun or mares leg 'rifle'. Both under 660mm. Both NR.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

It's the "or otherwise" part I am worry about.....and lawyer costs...