Page 21 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728293141 ... LastLast

Thread: MRA Renegade Rifles, Parts, and Kits now available

The Instagram video convinced me to pre-order! Machining looks absolutely exquisite. Can't wait to use this as my hunting rig!
    Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I was all excited to order one but looked at the photos and noticed the receiver face is more squared off than a std AR upper near the barrel extension. I have a ALG Defense forend which has the anti rotation tabs that straddle the upper. Just heard back my forend will not work; I would assume many forends that are designed like this will not . Hoped to salvage much of my AR by using this kit, but that is an extra expense for a new forend that I was not planning on, and I like this forend.
    Befriend an octopus - more shoulders to cry on and more hands to help you move

Quote Originally Posted by COREY View Post
    I was all excited to order one but looked at the photos and noticed the receiver face is more squared off than a std AR upper near the barrel extension. I have a ALG Defense forend which has the anti rotation tabs that straddle the upper. Just heard back my forend will not work; I would assume many forends that are designed like this will not . Hoped to salvage much of my AR by using this kit, but that is an extra expense for a new forend that I was not planning on, and I like this forend.
    Could you not hand fit the tabs/file them to fit the receiver? Alternatively, are they necessary? I've never seen a hand guard rotate when the barrel nut has been properly torqued.

Looking forward to getting mine. Anyone know what the shortest barrel you could have and still meet the OAL requirement?
    Last edited by Patt08; 07-13-2020 at 04:20 PM.
    |CCFR|

Quote Originally Posted by Patt08 View Post
    Looking forward to getting mine. Anyone know what the shortest barrel you could have and still meet the OAL requirement?
    I believe I heard 12.5" but I could be wrong. I guess depends on your butt stock you use.

Maybe this has already been covered but any chance of a bolt hold open/ catch on the 308 version? Being spring loaded it'd be nice to be able to keep the action open and clear where need be...at the range or a competition.
    But I really like the spring assist using existing parts, much more satisfying to just pull back and let er go.

As far as I recall, there is no bolt hold open I only see a mag realease on the receiver. A chamber flag will serve the purpose.

CGN Regular
    Do you have a ballpark as to when extra uppers will be available? What about the "Reaction Rod" that you will be producing?

Thanks!
    Last edited by STEELCITYSLICKER; 07-14-2020 at 07:31 AM.

Interesting to note that the buffer tube is screwed into the upper.
    CCFR — CSSA

Well, I decided it is better to try the forend without the tabs than to leave it sitting languishing. At least I will finally be able to use most of the AR for coyote hunting. If the appeals work and we can keep tje ARs then it just give some a reason to rebuild it with new parts .
    Befriend an octopus - more shoulders to cry on and more hands to help you move